Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 3] Printer
- Text Size +
It was a dark night with the moon as pale as a corpse. The hylian knights were doing their usual routine, looking for anyone that might be suspicious or just looking for trouble. Although tonight was different for tonight would be the beginning of a war, a war that could spawn decades over decades.
One of the guards that had just come in, a rookie per-say and had very little knowledge of his surroundings. You see this village was recently discovered while General Shin's army was patrolling the outskirts of Gerudo Valley. Shin had been ordered by the king of Hyrule to exterminate the Gerduos for their ruthless behavior, slaughtering of nearby villages, kidnappings within Hyrule Castle Town itself, and thievery. After the last of the Gerduos were defeated, one of Shin's men had been scouting the desert and found a secret underground passage that led to a remote area only known to the higher-ups within the Gerduos. Tonight, a selected few were on a reconnaissance mission to learn more about this long forgotten village and its tribe.
"Sir" the new recruit, calling his commander. "What is it Wright" commander Warren asked in a calm voice. He could tell that Wright was a bit on edge. "Sir I should go in first and speak with the locals before we decide to take any kind of action." Wright exclaimed. Warren chuckled and said "That wouldn't be wise to do since we have no idea if the villagers are hostile or not and since when have you been in charge of how i run things around here?" Wright had a sudden look of stupidity on his face. "I'm just trying to lighten up the mood. I can tell your a bit uneasy about all this seeing as this is your first mission i would suggest sticking close to me as possible." a smile could barely be seen on Warren's face in the cold of night. Smiling back Wright nodded his head as they pressed on.
They turned a corner and were struck with fear at the very sight before them. A woman and her newborn lay on the ground motionless. Child in one hand, dagger in the other. "keep moving!" Warren commanded. The rest of the squad moved on ahead leaving the two alone. Wright immediately leaned towards the wall and vomited. A minute passed before either said a word. Wright looked back at the corpses as if it were an illusion. "that was my first reaction as well." Wright ignored Warren. "Who the fuck would do this! Why would a mother kill her new born!" he was infuriated. Warren sighed. "If you had taken a closer look you would've seen that the child wasn't even born yet." Wright was in shock. He look at them just to turn away in disbelief. The very sight made tears scroll down his cheek. He thought to himself and knew. Just because he had dreamed of being a hylian knight, trained everyday of his life, and had gone through intensive training in the academy, somehow it didn't occur to him that he'd encounter something such as this. No more like he had known it would happen but didn't want it to. Just then, an explosion went off in the distance. The two stood up and prepared themselves for what awaited them. "John! Are you ready!?!" He nodded as they took off.
What the hell!


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.