Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 29] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Link was in his tree house with his friend, Finn. As always Link was having a terrible nightmare. In his dream he was walking in the Lost Woods. As he was walking he saw two, maybe even three, huge Deku Scrubs skulking around the woods. Suddenly, one of the Deku Scrubs noticed him and shot one of its Deku Nuts, which came as fast as a bullet, and just before it hit Link, he woke up.Sweating.

"Is there something wrong, Link?"asked Finn, with a bit of a worried look on his face."No, no just had a bad dream," replied Link, still sweating. "Well, okay lets just hurry up and get to Saria's for breakfast,as Finn said that he hurried off, leaving Link. Link got up and made his way down his tree house and to Saria's house. Saria's house was an elegant looking house, at least to Link. It had a soft floor with a rug in the middle where the table lay, with breakfast already set. The walls were green and hanging from the ceiling was a chandelier that lit up the whole room. Where did she get that? thought Link. "Hi Link!" greeted Saria with a happy look on her face. "Hi Link," greeted Claire looking really sleepy. "Hey guys, what's up?" asked Link. "The ceiling," said Finn, trying to make them laugh, he was always the best at jokes. Link smiled at that "So, whats for breakfast?" he asked. "Vegetables and fruit," said Saria.Don�t we have that all the time?� Link moaned. Yes, why don�t you go outside the forest and try to get something? Oh wait there�s a rule that no-one can leave the forest without permission. You know how Mido is to you� replied Saria, with a bit of an annoyed tone in her voice. Yeah, I know,� said Link. After breakfast, Link decided to go to the Lost Woods. He had weird dream about it before, he wanted to investigate. What he didn�t know was that his friend, Finn, was following him quietly. Link heard some rustling in the bushes. Cautiously he picked up a couple of� hard rocks and a strong stick. He got a rock and threw a rock at it. All of a sudden he heard an �Ow!,� so he ran to the bush to see who he hit. It was Finn. �What�re you doing here Finn?I was checking up on you, you looked a bit well�not like yourself when you went into the woods so I decided to follow, man that rock was hard,� said Finn rubbing his head.Okay,� said Link and pulled Finn up. He heard some more bushes rustling. Then two or three shadows moving in different directions. They were huge. �Just like my dream� thought Link.Watch out,� warned Link and got ready to fight. Suddenly Deku Nuts flying as fast as bullets came out of nowhere. They all missed. �Good� thought Link �They have bad aim�. �Look out!� said Finn as one Deku Nut came flying to his head, Link just about had enough time to move so it wouldn�t hit his head but, it went through his shoulder instead. He looked to his right and there was a lot of blood pouring out. Link fainted and Finn grabbed his body, ripped off some of his clothes and then wrapped it around his wound to stop it from bleeding. BANG!BANG!BANG! He had totally forgotten about them. They were still firing, but missing and so he slung Link over his body and began to run out of the Lost Woods.Link opened his eyes, he saw Saria and Finn looking at him. �Unngh,� he moaned. He tried getting up but the searing pain stopped him.Don�t try getting up so soon,� said Claire, just stepping into his vision �You�re lucky Link. If Finn hadn�t been there to help you you would�ve died by now Link looked at Finn, who was smiling, Link managed to choke up the words �Thanks for that Finn,No sweat bro,� Finn replied. Then Link went back to sleep.

He woke up, then tried getting up. No pain. He looked at his right shoulder. No bandage. �Good, I�m all healed up� he thought. He didn�t know what time it was but he went out of his tree house and went to see the Great Deku Tree. �The Deku Scrubs weren�t always that way before� Link thought �Since when did they get like that?� as he got to the entrance of the Great Deku Trees realm he was stopped by Mido. Mido was an average sized boy but Link was taller than him.Whoa, whoa, whoa, just where do you think you�re going?� Mido said �Go away, Mido I need to talk to the Great Deku Tree,� Link replied.What for?� he said. It�s for your sake and mine and everyone else�s okay? Now let me past,� Link said getting a bit angry.No,Did you not just hear me?� said Link and started saying in a babyish voice �It�s. For. Your. Sake. And. Mine. Do. You. Under. Stand?You�re not going through,� Mido said. Link then barged past Mido and ran to the Great Deku Tree. Mido can�t keep up with him, he knew that. He was too fast for Mido.I�ll get you for this Link!� shouted Mido angrily.

The Great Deku Tree was a tall elegant figure that always looked so new. He was so tall that you could hardly see the leaves if you were up close. Link approached The Great Deku Tree and asked him �Oh, Great Deku Tree the Deku Scrubs have grown stronger somehow do you know anything about this?Yes, they are being fuelled by an unknown power source. I do not know of it�s origin but it�s strong. Though it is not Gannondorf it�s still strong.Gannondorf?Ah you do not know of who you are yet do you Link?I do. I�m a Kokiri-,No you are not. You are Hylian. Just like your friend Finn. Both of you were sent here a long time ago by your mothers. You are also The Hero Of Time, you�ve saved Hyrule many times,Hyrule? Hylian?The Kingdom of Hyrule. What lies outside the forest.� A Hylian is a normal person but ages with time. They do not stay as children like you children do�� He paused. �Link look at your left hand,� Link did as he was told. He looked at it there he saw a triangle on bottom right there was a specific triangle that glowed yellow. The other two were just grey.Since when did I-?Ever since you were born Link that has been passed down from generation to generation of heroes� said The Great Deku Tree. �Now back to your problem. In Hyrule Castle there is a man there, the only man who knows of this unknown power, should be able to help you. His name is Drake. Go to the castle, the guards may not let you in, sneak into the castle and find a girl named Princess Zelda. Tell her about Drake and she shall show you where he is. Though Drake may not help you, you have to make him help you perhaps try showing him your left hand, take your friend Finn with you,Okay I shall do that, thank you,he bowed down you The Great Deku Tree and left his presence.

He went back to his tree house and saw Finn in there.� �Finn!The Great Deku Tree told me about why those Deku Scrubs were so strong,Oh really?Yeah,� said Link, he then told Finn about what they needed to do and Finn was shocked. �Really? We are? Wow!� said Finn �We gotta go straight away!No, at night when the others are asleep. Pack for both of us right now. I�ll buy us some weapons. How many rupees you got?350rupees,� said Finn.Okay combined with my 250 rupees we should have 600 rupees. Okay I�m off now pack both of us!� and with that Link left and went to the shop.Hey Link! What�s up?� said Kayla, the shop owner.Nothing much just buying a few weapons,Okay, what would you like?I�ll have 10 bombs, 2 swords, 2 shields and 10 deku nuts,That�ll be 500 rupees,Okay here,� said Link and he spread them on the counter.Thank you and have a nice day!Oh I will,

At night Link woke Finn up. They both got their swords and shields and put them on their back. They also got their pouches and left the forest very quietly and went to entrance/exit of the Kokiri forest. Finn and Link left a note to Saria and Claire of what they were going to do. Finn and Link both crossed the bridge and out the entrance/exit of the Kokiri forest. Hyrule Fields is a vast and exotic place. With land as far as the eye could see. The grass was hardly trimmed but that wasn't the issue. The issue was it was cold and there was snow everywhere. Link and Finn grew cold, they had no coats and so walking in cold for several minutes they went into hypothermia and collapsed on the floor, unconscious.

When Link woke, he was in a house that looked normal. That was all he could think of. Normal. He then heard snoring from Finn. Link grew accustomed to this. He learnt to sleep first before Finn and what he wasnt accustomed to was this singing. It sounded like angels from heaven came down and started singing. It was most beautifullest thing he ever heard. Link rushed down the stairs, opened the door and to his left was the most beautiful thing he'd seen. Her hair like golden strands of the best material ever and when she turned and looked at him, Link looked straight into the most beautifullest, sapphire eyes he'd ever seen. She was perfect, her face was perfect and he knew she was the one for him.
"Is there something on my face?" she said, smiling. Link then noticed that he must've been looking at her for ages.
"Umm...no...uhhh...hi?" Link managed to choke up, he always got a bit stupid when it came to girls. He prayed he wouldn't mess up.
She smiled, "Hi, I'm Malon. You must be the ones that my father found unconscious last night. Its a pleasure to meet you" she then held out her hand and he shook it. It was really soft. Link then looked around and saw stables and horses. He was on a ranch. One horse in particular stood out to him. He didn't know what it was but was familiar.
"You live on a ranch?" said Link.
"Yep. LonLon Ranch. Home to the best horses in Hyrule," Malon replied.
"Which horse is that?" said Link pointing to it.
"Oh thats Epona. My favourite horse,"
"Epona huh?" muttered Link as he walked over to it. Immediatley his mind raced with flashbacks. Him riding on that horse. Him playing a song and the horse came over. Him.
"Are you okay?" asked Malon, some concern in her voice.
"No, no I'm fine." he said"Can, I ride that horse?"
"Yup. I'll give you lessons"
Link mounted the horse and had more flashbacks. When they stopped he looked at Malon who was looking back in amazement.
"How did you...what the..."
"What do you mean?"
"You just rode that horse as if you rode it many times before,"
"But I-" Link was interrupted by the sound of Finn saying
"HEY LINK TIME TO GO!"
"Sorry Malon I've got to go," Link hated the idea of that. He just wanted be around her.
"Would you like two horses?" she said"take Epona that other horse with you"
"Thanks"
Malon went with them to the exit and waved goodbye. Malons figure dissappeared and Link turned to Finn and said "I, think I'm in love"
"With who that girl from before?"
"Malon," Link corrected"Yes. Shes so perfect. Everything. Her looks, her personality is all perfect."
"My Linky boy is all grown up," Finn teased and looked ahead and saw a figure of a castle. "Hey look, Link!"
Link looked and saw a castle and smiled but a thought remained in his head. 'How do we get in?'



Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.