Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 72] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Finn paid no attention to the work he was doing. He was thinking too much about he had failed. He swept with little effort, barely moving any hay in the stables. He hated it. He hated the ranch and the animals. He was never good with them and he always felt like he did not belong. On top of that, he loathed himself for failing his mission. It burned like a fire in his heart. That time...
***
Finn trudged through the long leaved bushes and low hanging branches of Tristogan. There was a neverending sea.of fog that made it had for him to see his way. On top of that, he started becoming paranoid. He thought he could hear things moving in the bushes around him and he thought he could see things darting past him.
A hand grabbed his shirt and pulled him closer until he could see the face of who grabbed him.
"Snap out of it boy!" The man screamed and slapped him. Finn instantly came to his senses.
"Thanks Drake," Finn said as he rubbed his cheek.
"You must keep a strong mind, this island does not show mercy to the weak," Drake replied. "Come, we are almost there."
They trudged onwards, for nearly half an hour, until they came to a large cave blocked off by a huge stone with glowing runic inscriptions covering it. An aura of darkness was emanating from it. It made Finn nervous.
"Finn, give me your hand," Drake ordered. Finn hesistantly brought his hand to Drake. He slit Finn's palm and drew some blood. He brought the blood to the rock and smeared it on.
Drake suddenly teleported above the rock. "I must thank you Finn," Drake smiled, darkly. "Without you getting me all those items, I would've never been able to free Lord Drazo." Drake summoned a bow and threw it to Finn. "I will keep my end of the bargain as thanks for all the help you have given me," He said. "It is made from Tristogan tree wood. It is said that the person who made that bow went completely insane."
He began to chant.
Finn knew he had to act. He grabbed the bow from the ground. He did not use it straight away because of the lack of arrows he had. A few moments passed and he knew that the seal was getting weaker. He pulled back on the string, charging an arrow of many different colours. He took aim. As he was about to let the arrow fly, Drake started distorting and so did the scenery.
He saw creatures rising up from the ground and the sky turned blood red. Finn tried to focus, the creatures disappeared and the sky returned to its normal colour, however the distortion was slowly wearing off. He wasted no time. He let the arrow fly and dropped the bow immediately. The arrow cut through Drake's left cheek. It wasn't enough. Drake finished his chanting and teleported himself to the entrance of the cave.
"Farewell,'Chosen' hero," Drake laughed as he walked into the cave.
Finn ran away from that place and onto the ship they used to sail to Tristogan. He ordered the crew to return to Hyrule and they obeyed without question. All the while he could not live with the fact that he failed...
***
No longer being able to withstand doing his boring work, he burst out of the stables. Much to the surprise of his sister, Malon, who was about to check on how he was doing.
"Finn! What are you-" Malon started but she could not finish off her sentence. She saw a variety of emotions on Finn's face and eyes. Self-loathing, hatred, guilt. He stood with fists clenched and jaw firm.
After a moment of silence he darted inside the main house building. Not long after, he came out with a rucksack, a bow and a sword by his side. Malon knew what was happening so she quickly threw her arms around him, burying her face in his chest. Her face was a sea of tears and she blubbered her words.
She looked at his face, eventually and saw that she could not convince him to stay. She let go. Finn started to leave once more after giving a quick goodbye.

Aimlessly, he wandered. He had awoken in a lake after a disaster had struck him and his family. Skeletal beings had fallen out of a rift in the sky. They attacked his village and they were swiftly overcame. He was knocked into the village well where he noticed some light emanating from the bottom. He swam toward the light for so long that he passed out and when he awoke he was in unfamiliar territory.
He went from the lake into a vast green scenery with a building far off into the distance, a desert to his left and a forest to his right. He followed the long dirt path until he near the building.
He heard the sound of a large plant being plucked from the ground. He turned around and saw a plant-like thing with spinning blades around its circumference. Its roots were tied together in the center, underneath the plant. It came straight for him and he ran as fast he could, screaming for help.
He bumped into a young man who appeared to be eighteen. He had rugged brown hair that almost matched the colour of the ground. He was taller than him, just by a little. He had a weapon by his side and a bow in his hand. His green eyes were full of hate and part insanity as he looked up at the monster. He pulled back on the string of the bow, amazing the young man as he did not have an arrow attached to it.
The man shot a beam of energy which passed through the roots of the monster and out of its body. The monster fell to the ground, limp and dissipated.
The lost young man, amazed at what happened looked the other. He felt drawn to stay with him and he sensed a man as lost as he was, despite his outward appearance and body language. "Can I stick with you? I am not from around here and need someone to stay with, to guide me. Also, I have a feeling you are lost but not like how I am," Lukas analysed. The other man looked at him and nodded.
"My name is Finn and I'm heading towards Castle Town. Maybe you could help me with some behests," Finn replied with a small smile.
"Anything is better than wandering around, lost," Lukas said, relieved.

A thief ran from his pursuer, trying to go down twists and turns in the alleyways of the Castle Town. He fell to the ground in agony, for an arrow had struck his leg. He turned around only to see a arrow aimed for his face. The thief cowered in fear.
"You steal without hesitation yet here you are, cowering in fear," The pursuer said. "You are to return everything you stole or else you will see yourself face to face with the Goddesses."
The thief nodded and ran from his sight.
The pursuer headed back to his place outside Castle Town. It was not visible to the naked eye, only those with shiekah eyes could see through the illusion. He entered his hideout. There were books thrown around; on tables, chairs, shelvesYou and a few on the floor. Some scrolls were strewn about on tables too.
"Leia! I thought I told you to clean up!" The man called.
A young woman entered the room. Her hair reached to her shoulders and it was dark brown. Her eyes were red, showing that she was of Shiekah descent, however, her tan skin and moderate beauty expressed that she may be of Gerudo descent too. "Honestly Arthur, you really thought I would clean up? After all these years you've known me," Leia answered.
Arthur sighed and shook his head. She always did this. "I'll clean up then," Arthur decided. "Because I don't want you around to mess up any more, go and do a royal behest."
"As you wish," Leia yawned and left the hideout.
"Sometimes I wonder why I saved her," Arthur muttered.

"But Richard! That sounds boring!" Beat moaned as he followed Richard into the castle town. "We already help random strangers everywhere we go. I thought the whole idea of having the Sages Army split up was so we could train, not do behests."
Richard sighed and continued walking. He didn't want to pay attention to Beat's whining. "If you wanted to train you should've gone off with Will. He is your best friend after all."
"But he isn't dependable like you. Plus I get to have you cook for me." Beat yawned. "Now, like I was saying earlier..." Beat paused to take a deep breath, "IT'S BORING!"
"Grimsley!" Richard barked.
"Mellow?" Beat calmly replied.
"Shut up. Ugh, to think I thoght Gwen would be the worst to travel with." Richard sighed.
"That's hurtful. We're at the stupid board. Look it's crowded, let's go." Beat yawned.
Richard looked at the one Gerudo standing at the board, then looked to Beat. "One person is a crowd now?"
Beat shrugged and started walking towards the castle. "Why not just ask Zelda for a job?"
"Because I'm sure the princess has better things to do than entertain you. I grabbed a job, let's go." Richard stated dragging Beat off.
"But it sounds so boring!" Beat moaned as he was dragged off.

Drake sat at his desk, trying to think of ways to earn his new allies' trust. He could give Skull King his own world, but that would be too simple. What was the name of that boy that was always stopping Skull King? Grimsley?
"Guards!" Drake barked.
Two guards entered the office and stood to attention.
"Tell me what you know about this Grimsley boy." he ordered.
"Beat Grimsley, a young man, about seventeen years old." stated the guard on the left.
"He has started this band of travelers that call themselves the Sages' Army. They recently split apart as a means to train since they recently defeated a massive assault from the Skull King." added the guard on the right.
"That's all I need to know. Fetch me Detective Barry, I need his help with something." he laughed.
The two gaurds nodded and marched out of the room in search of Barry.
"What are you planning?" hissed a voice in Drake's head.
"Lord Drazo, if I am to gain Skull King's trust, I have to do something he could never do. I'll get rid of Grimsley, banish him to another world and then kill off this army of his, one at a time." Drake laughed. "Then I'll start trying to split the Army of Bones apart, and have them fight amongst themselves. I only bow to one being, and that is you."

"My patience grows thinner. What exactly is he doing?" roared Skull King in a raspy voice.
"Onua is sailing the waters of the Rift, searching for a source of new soldiers. Clovis is off to take care of Grimsley. Jacob and Edmund are training. Dimitri is working on new armor, and Anise is off on her secret task." reported Xela, Skull King's loyal general. She pushed her green hair aside and sighed. "As for your new ally, I'm not completely sure. If it pleases you, I will begin to follow him, and see if he is planning on staying loyal."
"Do so." Skull King ordered. "I trust that traitorous Jacob more than Drake."


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.