Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 97] Printer
- Text Size +
It was a lovely Saturday afternoon in the middle of summer. Link and Zelda were getting married at the Temple of Time. There were six rows of seats with twelve seats in each row with an aisle in the middle. The Door of Time had been closed off for the ceremony. It was just a few minutes until the wedding began. Finally, the organ started playing and everyone rose to their feet and watched Saria the flower girl enter the Temple followed by Ruto and Nabooru the bridesmaids and finally, the bride Zelda next to her father Rauru. She was wearing her normal everyday princess dress. Link, the groom, was already at the front of the temple wearing a black tunic instead of his normal green one. After everyone had been settled, Fado the minister began the ceremony.

"Dearly beloved," he began, "we are gathered here today in spite of the goddesses, who are present, to join Link Hero Hyrule and Griselda Sage Harkinian in holy matrimony."

After the introduction, Fado called Rauru to read a passage from the Book of Mudora. "Rauru Harkinian will now read a passage from the Book of Mudora," he said. Rauru went to the front of the temple and the reading began.

"A long, long time ago," Rauru began, "three great goddesses created our land that is Hyrule. They were Din, the Goddess of Power, Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom, and Farore, the goddess of Courage. Din used her strength to form the mountains and lakes. Nayru used her wisdom to create the passing of time, day and night. Farore created all forms of life. After the godesses completed their work, they left Hyrule. The sacred points where they left this world are called the Triforce. Each part of the Triforce represents a goddess's powers. The top part represents power, the piece on the right represents courage and the piece on the left represents wisdom."

After Rauru had finished his reading, it was time for the singing part of the wedding. "The goddesses will now sing the credits theme from A Link to the Past," Fado said. Nayru went to the back of the temple as she had a solo at the beginning, and Din and Farore went to the front. The organist played the introduction, and Nayru slowly walked down the aisle while singing the introduction to the song. When she reached the front of the temple, she turned around and all three goddesses started singing. At times, Nayru's voice rose above the other two as she had a higher and more powerful voice. At the end of the song, Din and Farore returned to their seats but Nayru stayed at the front as she had another song to sing. At Hylian weddings, it was a tradition to sing the theme to Kakariko village. Fado introduced Nayru with, "And now, to sing the theme to Kakariko Village, Miss Nayru Ages." Somewhere in the audience, Tetra said to Ruto, "Boy, she's quite a hellion but she does have an incredibl voice." Again, the organist played the first 4 bars, and Nayru started to sing. Sometimes, it was even sung twice, and that's what Nayru did. At the end of the second time, Nayru, her voice exhausted, returned to her seat just as Fado asked everyone to rise for the final vows. "Do you, Link Hero Hyrule, take Griselda Sage Hyrule to be your lawfully wedded wife?" asked Fado. "I do," said Link. Then Fado asked Zelda. "Do you, Griselda Sage Harkinian, takeLink Hero Hyrule to be your lawfully wedded husband?" "I do," said Zelda. Then Fado said, "Husband and wife I pronounce you now. You may kiss the bride." Link and Zelda kissed, and from somewhere in the audience, Saria and Ruto Yelled, "Ewwwwwwww!!!!!!" No one paid any attention to them however, as everyone filed out of the Temple of Time to proceed to Lon Lon Ranch for the reception.


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.