Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 2330] Printer
- Text Size +
The Hyrule Chronicles book one: The Great War
by hyrule chronicles

chapter one
It was dark. A dark, cold night in the land of southern Hyrule in the Ordon. And that is odd, because it was rarely cold in Ordon around the springtime. But nobody could feel the cold brush of the wind that ran by because it was nighttime.
Link was tossing and turning in his bed, his sheets, pillows and blankets a mess all over him and on the floor. Link pressed his hands to his head as if it would get rid of the nightmare that was traumatizing his mind. In the dream, link was in a giant colosseum and he was strapped to a hard wooden chair. Well actually, he was nailed. He was struggling to get free, wriggling and squriming, but nothing was working. Ganondorf stood before him with his large black stallion, Doomrider. Ganondorf smiled devilishly at Link, a smile that would harden a million souls. He pulled out a small dagger. He walked back and forth in front of Link, twirling the dagger in his hand. There was a large red curtain with a Sheikah symbol behind Ganondorf. Ganondorf flicked his hand at the Gerudo beside him. The Gerudo saluted him and ran over to the curtain where she lifted a curtain string. Behind it, what Link saw, made his eyes widen in horror. His friends, Zelda, Malon, and Llia were tied to chairs, their eyes gasping in terror being gagged. "You could've saved them Link, but you were to late," Ganondorf smirked. Link tried to shout at him in rage, but he couldn't get anything out excpet for a muffled yelp. He tried to close his eyes but he couldn't. Link was completly powerless against Ganondorf. Ganondorf walked over to Malon first. She closed her eyes and turned away, hoping it would make it better. Ganondorf lifted his arm up with the dagger and plunged it down deep into Malon's lungs. Malon cried and gasped in pain. She was coughing up blood as Link could tell because her gag was taking on a sickly shade of dark red. She died within seconds. Next, Ganondorf moved on to Zelda. He knelt down near Zelda's neck and quickly slashed his dagger through her throat, slitting it open. She started spraying out blood and she too was quickly dead. Link was staring out at the horror that had just taken on to his two friends. Ganondorf threw his dagger into the ground and made a deep hole. He reached into his dark scabbard and pulled out a dark sword made of pure evil. He pushed Llia's chair to the ground. Ganondorf stood over her, lifted the sword and plunged it into her heart. Ganondorf quickly removed it, then looking at it was satisfied by the large amount of blood and plunged it again and again and again thirteen times and Llia was dead too. "NOOOOOO!!!" Link screamed as he bashed his head around wildly.
Link awoke in a cold sweat, gasping and panting. He looked around at his room and looked down at himself. Good. It was a just a dream. Link threw his face ito his hands and shook his head. When were these nightmares going to stop? He had been having them for the past year after the defeat of Ganondorf, and Link had a hunch that Ganondorf was not gone for good. Link had returned too Ordon Village after his adventure and resumd his usual duties and returned to his normal Ordon clothes. Malon, from Hyrule Field a little north from the location of the village, had also moved in to the village and now replaced Fado, the old herder. Link heard a distinctive crow from outside his window and his room was covered in the red-purple light of dawn as it replaced the darkness. Link got up, combed his long hair (that he had decided to grow out after an idea from Llia one day), grabbed his fishing rod and set out toward the village to catch some breakfast.
As Link entered the village, he could see many smiling faces that he remembered and some that were new and greeted him with smiling faces. He walked over to the pond on the right side of the village, set his bait and cast his rod out toward the deep, fish infested waters. Link waited paitiently on the dock. Suddenly he felt a bite. Link was surprised by the heaviness and weight of this fish. It sure was a fighter. "Steady now," Link said, not wanting to be overconfident about his soon to be catch. He reeled in with all of his strength and soon had landed the fish. "Wow this is a real lunker!" Link said hapily as he walked off back to his tree house to prepare the rest of the meal.
Link started his walk toward his home. As he was just about to climb his ladder, he remembered one thing. He climbed back down and checked his mailbox. Sure enough there was a large loaf of toasted breadin a basket for him. "Yep, she never forget's does she," Link said as he grabbed the basket and continued up to his house. Llia always sent him some bread for breakfast on her daily walk through the Faron woods, even though he never knew exactly what she did there. Link was terrible at cooking and baking so Llia always sent him something else for breakfast.
After eating his large breakfast of buttered rolls and some Ordon Catfish, Link was satisfied with himself. Then he smelled something. He looked down at himself. He was a complete mess! He hadn't showered in days. "Well, I guess today is a good time to get it over with," Link said suddenly realizing the reason that his friends had avoided him for the past couple of days.
Link strolled through the woods, trying not to miss Faron Spring where the people of Ordon bathed. Link headed off toward the left side of the spring. It had a large hole and a waterfall running down into the hole acting like a shower. Link always prefered this side for bathing. The right side was a deep hole but instead of a waterfall, it was just a hole with water in it acting like a bathtub. Setting his towel down on the branch above the enterence, Link removed all of his clothes and set them on the branch next to the one tat his towel was hanging on. Link emerged himself in the waterfall and felt the soft warm water run down his body. He grabbed his bar of Ordon soap (made from goat's milk) and began to run it over his body, clensing himself. hen Link was done, he put a rock in front of the enterence that the water runs down, turning his "shower" off. Satisfied with himself, he took his foot out and began to walk toward his towel at the enterance to the spring when he heard some footsteps. He looked to his left and saw somebody getting out of the bath on the right. It was Llia! "So this is where she always goes in the mornings," Link quietly whispered to himself. Llia head the soft whisper and looked to the right and saw Link looking at her. She was completely naked like him. Llia's face turned a bright shade of red. "Ummm...I'm just going to um," Link stammered. he had never seen Llia without clothes so this was kind of a shocker. They just stared at eachother for what seemed like several minutes. Then Llia unexpectedly charged at Link and tackled him to the ground. Link to tried to fight free of the girl but it was hopeless. Llia leaned on top of him an pinned him down. "Why Are You Here?!" Llia angerly said to him. Link was in a pretty uncofortable position with Llia on top of him, and making eye contact with her would mean looking at places that were not meant for the male mind. "Sorry?" Link apoligized quiziclly. Llia stood up and pushed him to the ground again pointing a finger at his chest. "If you speak of this to anybody, you won't wake up the next morning," Llia said angerly. Link didn't try to argue. He just nodded since Llia usually meant what she said. "Good," Llia breathed and with her hands on her hips she walked toward her towel. Link tried to avoid looking there. Llia wrapped it around her waist and left. Link just sat there on the ground, speechless, his mind trying to figure out what the heck just happened. He shook his head, trying to rid his mind of the disturbing thought. He grabbed his towel wrapped it around his waist as well and left.
When Link got home, he threw his towel on the ground, decided to try to forget about the whole incident and decided to try and get some sleep.


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.