Keeping The Faith by zeldafan
Summary: Nine years had passed after the defeat of Ganondorf which was saved long ago by a courageous Hylian, he never gave up hope for his people...even the world. But in this story Link hears voices and has nightmares every time telling him to choose a fate... but for what? Will Link find out what it all means? Will he save his lover, Zelda? Here it begins a new legend... (Well yeah this is my first story that I had ever posted on a web, weird huh? Anywway I hope it won’t be too boring...but I bet it will be better in the middle I guess.Please don't be hard on me if it's not good to you, it's my 1st time here posting, and please review. Thanks...)
Categories: Fan Fiction Characters: Zelda, Link (OoT & MM), Impa
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 3083 Read: 25138 Published: Jul 22, 2004 Updated: Jul 22, 2004

1. Meeting An Old Friend by zeldafan

2. Outside To A New World by zeldafan

Meeting An Old Friend by zeldafan
p { margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 1px } body { font-family: "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal }

******************************************************************************

Well yeah this is my first story that I had ever posted on a web, weird huh? Anyway I hope my first chapter won’t be too boring...but I bet it will be better in the middle. Just to tell you the basics of the story: if you see this ( ) between a sentence then it means what people are saying in their thoughts, _____ means another sequence of the story or scene. and that’s it....Hope you people will enjoy this! ^_^

******************************************************************************

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1: Visiting An Old Friend

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 ~INTRO.~

 Once upon a time in a land of Hyrule it was saved long ago by a courageous Hylian, he never gave up hope for his people...even the world. After defeating Ganondorf from his terrible plans Hyrule was in peace thanks to their noble Hero of Time. But in this story Link has another mysterious quest that awaits him along the way. Here it begins another new legend...

 Nine years had passed in Hyrule, everyone was in peace everywhere, in Hyrule castle was very busy and miserable, Princess Zelda was in her room dressing up for a special ceremony for her dad’s birthday. She stares at herself doubtfully at the mirror which she is wearing a very long dress, with a color of ruby red, with her hair braided on two ends, and wearing an emerald green necklace. Suddenly she hears a soft knock on her door.

“ Zelda? Are you in there?” said the King.

“ Yes father...” Zelda responding.

The King came in slowly astonished by his daughter.

“ Oh my... you look beautiful.”

“ Why thank you Dad, well happy birthday!”

Zelda smiles and hugs her father dearly.

“ I’m so proud of you Zelda.”

“ Oh I’m proud of you too... I just wish Mom was here with us right now.”

“Oh she will in our hearts.”

“Yes,” starting to pause “yes your right” she smiles once again.

As the King had left the room Zelda stares at the two framed window, thinking what’s happening to everyone at this time. Then she made a quick thought. ( I wonder what it’s is like being outside. Hmm...I wonder what my old friend Link is doing?) Zelda begins to sigh of loneliness.

______________________________________________________________________________

 Back in the Kikori Forest are Kikori kids playing around in the forest while Link is sleeping on his comfy bed.

“Zzzzzzz....Zzzzzzzz.....”Link snoring loudly.

“ Link?! Link?!” Saria shouting.

Link wakes up swiftly.

“Huh? Waa?” saying it in a confused way.( Hmm I must be hearing things)

“ Ah oh well whatever...”said Link.

Link goes back to sleep turned to the side, his eyes partly opened. Then Saria pops up out of nowhere.

“ Hi Link!!! What’s up?!”shouting at Link’s ear.

“Dah!!!” Link falls off his bed, falling straight on his face on the hard floor.

“Don’t scare me like that!” Link hissed.

“Oh I’m sorry Link.” she pats his head in a frowned face.

“ Aw it’s okay, just promise me not to do that again. Promise?”

“Yeah. Yeah.” with a devilish grin.

“ Hey don’t look at me like that.” looking at Saria in a concerned way.

Saria begins to giggle.

“Well anyway can you play with us Link? Please?”

“ Oh sorry I’m planning to travel around a bit and to visit an old friend.”

“Aw...” Link dresses up while talking.

“Maybe next time.”

“Okay.” Link pats Saria’s head then leaves off. (-.-)

Outside To A New World by zeldafan
p { margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 1px } body { font-family: "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal }

******************************************************************************

Hey people well her is my second chapter that I was talking about in the last chapter. Well I hope this one will be good for you guys. I hope you won’t be confused in the end of this chapter just to tell you...I know my grammar or my English sounds bad at least I tried though. Um this ones about Link and Zelda hanging out for a new adventure. I thought this was sweet of Link though. Well that’s all im going to say. Tell me what you think about my story so far...

******************************************************************************

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 2 : Outside To A New World

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 After the long feast it was dawn but still birds were flying around and chirping for their nesting grounds. It was then Zelda and Link were walking in Zelda’s backyard which was full of greens, fresh flowers, shimmering waters from the pond, and tall trees that covered the ground. They then both sat down on a big stone, then Zelda started.

“So...um how is it back in you home?”

“Oh it’s just fine, nothing usual. How about you?”

“Same here.” she said honestly.

“I really love your yard it’s very beautiful.”

“Hm...yeah for awhile it gets annoying.”

“Oh really?” Link sounded surprised.

“Yeah something that you are used to gets a little boring to you.”She stares at Link. “You know what I mean?”

“Yeah...” Link stares back.

Zelda looks away. “ I mean I want to go out, experience something new, something exciting.”Zelda pauses. “ but my father will beat me downhill if I go outside.” starting to frown.

“Nonsense!” Link puts his hand on Zelda’s shoulder. “Remember what your father said that I can be with you, I can ask and we can take an adventure...trust me it will be fun!”Link grins.

“ I..I don’t know about this.”

“I’ll ask and we will see.”

“Okay.” in a worried tone.

Then Zelda and Link paused for awhile, thinking what to say.

“So...” Link said.

“So what is it like being outside?” said Zelda.

Link stops to think over on what to say.

“Well lets see it’s like being a bird who was once trapped for years and flew away from that prison for freedom...” Link pauses then starts again. “Yes freedom...in which you are free from a cage with hopes and dreams you can reach for your future.”Link stops and Zelda stares at Link hard. Link continues again. “You can discover new things, learn new experiences, and it helps you relax your stress...”

“ Wow Link you’re good.” Zelda was shocked.

“ Not really. I thought it was too too...”Link thinks.

“Descriptive?” Zelda interrupted.

“Yep.” Link smiles and Zelda started laughing.

“ Anyway you’re very lucky because you experiences a lot of things than I did.”

“ You can experience it if you come with me. I don’t want you to be stressed here, lets discover new things outside to a new world. I know you are a hard working Princess, you need to relax sometime.” Link winks and smiles at Zelda.

“ C’mon Zelda it will be fun.”

Link stands up offering a hand out in front of Zelda. Link stares at Zelda curiously. Zelda stares at his hand then grabs it, Link brought Zelda to her fathers throne.

“Are you sure about this?”

“Yes just don’t worry it will be fine.”

Link went up to the King’s throne by himself. The King stares at Link while he bows to him.

“What is it Link?”

“ Your highness I just to ask you a favor for Zelda.”

“Sure what is it.”

“Can Zelda and I go outside of the Castle? I just want her to enjoy your highness.”

The King’s eyes opened widely and Link stares at his reaction.

“ Why sure!”

“Thank you so much your highness.” Link tries to bow and walk away but the King interrupted.

“ Oh Link!” Link turns back.

“Yes your highness?” Link was shocked.

“Please don’t call me that...” the King smiles.

“Oh I’m sorry.” Link turns back.

“ Oh and Link?” he interrupted again.

“Hm...?” turns in front of the King once again.

“Please take care of her.”

“ Sure it’s all on me.” Link smiled, bowed and walked away.

As Link went back to Zelda, Zelda asked.

“So how was it?” asking abruptly.

“ I got pretty scared.”

“And what?”

“ He said yes.”

“ Great! Lets go on an adventure!” Zelda drags Link over.

“Woah...”

Zelda brought her white horse outside even Link’s horse Epona. Thy started racing each other in Lon Lon Ranch, started playing mini games in Kakariko Village, going to Lake Hylia to take a little swim, looking at the view in the tall hill in Hyrule Field and their last adventure was going to the Kokiri Forest. Link introduced his Kokiri friends to Zelda and played with them. They both enjoyed during the last six hours so as the finished it was dark. As they were in Kokiri Forest Link walked Zelda back home by the Hyrule gate, it was time to say goodbye.

“So this is it.” said Link.

“Right.” Zelda looking down.

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s just...”

“Just...?”

“ Just that I don’t know how to thank you for the things you have done to me today.”

“ You don’t need to thank me it was no problem.”

“Well thanks again...” Zelda began to go closer to Link to hug him bye, Link started to blush. As Zelda backed away Link responded.

“You’re Welcome. Hope you enjoyed.”

“Sure did.” Zelda smiled at him and he smiled back.

“Are you sure you can walk alone?” Link worrying.

“No worries. I’ll be fine, my place is not too far...okay good night Link.”

Zelda turns and walks away.

“Okay nighty night Zelda.” Link turns in an opposite direction then walks away slowly.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Zelda went in her room lying down on her bed reviewing the scenes she had been through with Link. She started to close her yes and started to smile.

“Zelda?” the King said by the door.

Zelda opened her eyes and stood up saying.

“Come in.” the King came in sitting by Zelda.

“So how was it with Link?”

“Oh it was fantastic!” Zelda lays down again and stares at the ceiling smiling.

“So what did you do that was fantastic?” the king laughed.

“Many things, I can’t tell you how many...”

“I’m glad you enjoyed honey.”

“Yeah...” There was a sudden pause then continues.

“Zelda?”

 “ Yes father?”

“ Why did you let Link ask me to let you out if you couldn’t?”

“Well I thought you would say no directly. I know you may hate me when I’m out but Link felt confident about it that you would say yes.”

“Oh Zelda don’t be afraid of me, I’m your father, I know I’m a King who is very busy but it doesn’t mean I will always say no to you. You see Link tried because he believed and tried to do it for you.”

Zelda looks down thinking about her fathers words. The King suddenly put both of his hands on Zelda’s chin lifting it up looking into her eyes.

“ Zelda I will always love you just keep that in mind.”

The King moved away to the opened door.

“Good night Zelda.”

“You too Dad.” As the King closed the door Zelda sighed. She turned off the light and went to bed until the next day...

 _____________________________________________________________________________

 Link was walking in the Hyrule field late at night he heard the same

unknown voice again.

“Link...”

Link turns around but still no one was there, he shook his head then began walking ahead.

When Link went in the Kokiri Forest Saria was waiting for Link by his house.

“Saria?” Link whispered.

“ Yeah it’s me...” with her arms crossed with a mad looking face.

“ Why are you still up? You’re suppose to be sleeping like the others.” saying it in a concerned way.

“ I don’t have too. Besides you’re still awake too.”

“ Okay Saria what are you up to? And what’s up with that attitude of yours?” Link lifting

an eyebrow.”

“ Is Zelda your new girlfriend?”

“What?!” shocked.

“Is she or not?!” saying it loudly.

“Sh....you’re going to wake up everyone. And no she is not my girlfriend, we are just friends.”

“Sure you are...”

“Saria just go to sleep it’s late.”

“Sure whatever.” she walked away swiftly being very jealous.

(Gee.... I wonder what that was about? I never seen Saria act this way until I met Zelda again. Oh well I can’t understand her.)

Link went to his house starting to change to his sleeping cloths. He started to stretch and yawn before he went to bed. He went on his bed with his eyes open day dreaming, having thought about today with Zelda. As he got more sleepy his eyes were half open suddenly was closed shut. Link was dreaming about Zelda and him taking an adventure again traveling around each part of Hyrule, everything was in peace as it always was...Link was smiling in his sleep. As he was dreaming about Zelda and him on top of a high cliff looking at the view standing in one place, then suddenly the edge of the cliff broke off on Zelda’s side leading her to fall fast, Link tries to catch her but he missed. Link could see Zelda sticking her hand out in front of him screaming, Link dives for her but suddenly the scene was gone. Everything was pitch black, Link was in the center looking confused which he started to sweat, he saw a small light in front of him, he starts walking toward it and it was getting bigger and brighter. Then he ran fast as he can but he stopped from the light being to bright causing to close his eyes and opened them. He was in the middle of Hyrule Field seeing everything as normal as it was then he stared at the blue sky, it started to turn pitch black quickly then looked back at eye level and saw a mysterious shadow which was bigger than Link himself. The shadow’s cap was flying at the same direction as the wind was going, Link backed away by two steps. Link stared closely at the shadowy figure once again but Link couldn’t see it clearly because it was too dim, it suddenly opened its glowing white eyes. It began to jump way up and blew up the whole land with fire. It burned everything except the Hyrule Castle.

Link screamed, “ No......!!!” Link was staring at the ashes in the ground.

“You Link are going to be my rival soon....muahahaha....” said the shadowy figure with glowing eyes.

“W...who are you?!” Link said quickly.

“A creature who will be the next ruler of the world! But you...you are the chosen one to chose the fate of the world...”

“Choose a fate?” Link confused.

“Hah I can’t believe you are the chosen one, you look pathetic, you’re a weakling to be my opponent. Just give it up already, I’ll do the fate to burn Hyrule into ashes!!!”

The creature starts to scratch Link with his big claws.

Link woke up sweating, he was breathing harder and harder,

* This is a dream just to tell you so you won’t be confused.*

“Huff...huff...”

(It’s morning already?! It was only a dream, a very bad one...)

Link put his hands over his head trying to forget everything he had seen...

 

******************************************************************************

That’s all for now for chapter 2. Seems weird I know but that’s how my story goes. I’m new at this so don’t be hard on me if it’s dumb to you...just saying....anyway third chapter I dunno if I can tell you hints cuz I have to think over it....Well you guys know Link and Zelda are 19 years old right? Just saying cuz during ocarina of time they were ten then 7 years had passec if you guys know what I mean, and I added 2 more years to make them 19, yeah I want them to be more older... Yeah hope you guys like it so far...oh yeah sorry in the last chapter I said the second chapter will be updated until 3 to 4 weeks, well I did it the next day I was too excited LOL.

Okay laterz ppl.

******************************************************************************

This story archived at http://www.kasuto.net/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=604