The Legend of Zelda: The Familiar Shadow by BOEG
Summary: Continuation of The Next Generation. In the events preceeding current day Hyrule, the Hylia tribes are at war over control. The tribe known as Hylians are leading a army to battle against the final resisting tribe to unity, the Mukri', but while this battle is going on, a man destined for Hell must deal with his own dark thoughts..... NOTE: Like always, violence. And again, NOTE: Yes, I know. My story has to do with the Triforce Team. Just keep reading, Part I is about backstory, in order to explain what makes the baddie this time around so...well...bad. Hope everyone enjoys this one!
Categories: Fan Fiction Characters: Zelda, Link (OoT & MM), Impa
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 17 Completed: No Word count: 35337 Read: 260999 Published: Apr 29, 2005 Updated: Sep 11, 2005

1. A Realm At War by BOEG

2. Unity Is Won by BOEG

3. What The Forest Hides by BOEG

4. A Power Unlike Anything You Can Imagine by BOEG

5. A War Against A Single Man by BOEG

6. A Plot Revealed and an Evil Released by BOEG

7. Part II:A Threat Long Thought Dead by BOEG

8. A Man With A Clue by BOEG

9. The Passing of a Spirit by BOEG

10. A Rescue Attempt At Sea by BOEG

11. A Murderer Uncovered by BOEG

12. A Monster Made Complete by BOEG

13. The Battle For The Future by BOEG

14. The Traveling Corpses by BOEG

15. Magic and Deceit by BOEG

16. A False Love and Dying Hopes by BOEG

17. Author's Note by BOEG

A Realm At War by BOEG
The Legend of Zelda
The Familiar Shadow









Prologue









Metamorphosis. Change. The universe is full of such things. The caterpillar and the butterfly. The tadpole and the frog. All around it is there, the changes that occur. No one takes notice, no one even questions why or how, they just accept that it is. But then why, when something so much similar comes along, do all the questions arise? In the midst of all the things that change, people, no matter where or who, always question, what turns a man into a monster?










Chapter One: A Realm At War










It was sometime past midnight, close to one in the morning. The radiance of the full moon shone forth onto the ground, but its rays were cut off by the black smoke that choked the very atmosphere of the realm. It clawed its way toward the sky, covering the world in a darkness worse than night. The black smoke came from the hundreds of raging fires in the land. Soldiers worked constantly to keep them under control, while the more able fought fiercely at the front of the battle line.
The clatter of metal and the thumping of iron shod hooves on dry, deadened grass was loud in the realm, and came from all over. No place was a safe haven, no place at all. Every area carried with it the same dangers, and indeed not one place that had experienced any period of peace in the past months had done so without bloodshed. But such was the way of war. Any great gain required an equal loss in most cases, this war no exception to the old cliché’.
The middle of the field was the center of all the chaotic battling, men proclaiming their liberty in hoarse voices and others crying out final prayers in hushed gasps as blades moved to silence them. Even the great predators of the land had desisted from journeying out in such conditions, favoring to hunt for food in the secluded forests and rivers where it was still safe. On the outskirts of the battle corpses were piled, leaving an awful stench that flowed with the wind, almost a warning of death to those fighting.
This was not a period of peace, it never had been. In history it is now referred to as The First Dark Age. Wars broke out constantly, the toll of death was higher in the last ten years than it had been in centuries before. There was no civilized way of life, no houses or shops, just tents and other camps formed in places that had clearings, most exclusively, the outskirts of the forest of Kokiri, just bordering the edge of the field of Hyrule.
Here a group of Hylias had set their camp, their permanent place for battle strategy and rest. Their stockpiling of weaponry had been cleverly hidden in a hole in the earth covered with twigs and leaves and such. The farthest back from the battle was where the sick and wounded were, resting on cots that had been set aside. Near to these were the women’s tents. They had little role in battle, and served mostly for cooking meals and treating wounds. Women were mostly looked down upon by other groups, but not the group of Hylias camped near the forest.
These men and women were very civilized, not at all like a savage tribe. They held their women in high esteem, and appearance meant much to them all. They wore neat clean clothing when not warring, and when battles broke out they wore only the most fitting, non rusted and otherwise perfect armor available. This group had been different from the other Hylia tribes forever, but this latest generation craved something more; a united nation.
They had elected a leader to carry them into what they believed would be the final war, a battle that has now gone down in the books as The Great War of Unity. The leader was a young man named Harkinarian, who carried a sword that generations far before him wielded. It could be called a katana in the most technical sense, and had a ring just below the hilt, where a piece of bright red tassel hung. It was his family’s sword, and he would indeed pass it down to all after him. Harkinarian was a good leader, very intelligent for his age. He knew battles well, and was a master mind at strategic fighting. The other Hylia tribes looked down upon this one tribe, changing their name to something more fitting, that had spread through the tribes like wildfire.
Due to their lack of respect for their ancestors, and for their lack of use in magic, these Hylia were now called Hylians, which in the ancient language, meant quite literally Forgotten Magic. But in truth this was wrong. A few (including Harkinarian) were quite able in magic, and enjoyed teaching the art whenever they got the time, however they found the blade more effective. The soldiers were all finely armed and armored, wearing silver armor inscribed with the Triforce, the symbol of providence in Hyrule. They all carried diamond shaped shields with the Triforce and the ancient Crimson Bird of legend inscribed on it, and these they happily called Hylian shields. The swords were standardized and non descript, metal blade and gold hilt, for at the time, gold was not rare in the least, and its value was not near as much as it is today.
The soldiers worked just as feverishly in the camps as they did on the battlefields, and it showed. Men passed out and fell to their knees from all the running they had been doing, and others were exhausted from the long hours involved in cutting down enough trees to make a proper fire. A soldier with dirty blonde locks of hair falling just down to his shoulders slowly walked through the camp. His sword and shield were at his side, and his armor had been penetrated in numerous places, but he was not one to complain about pain.
With a cry of joy a young woman with brown hair tied in a pony tail behind her back who was visibly pregnant ran as fast as her legs could carry her to the man. He embraced her with a smile as he slowly began to remove his broken armor and look for replacements.
“Melaki, you’re okay?” the woman asked in a concerned tone.
“Yes, yes my love….I’m fine, just a few wounds. I have been quite worried as to the condition of you and our child though I’m afraid,” Melaki answered.
“Ah, not to worry, I’ve been fine. They guard a pregnant women every hour of the day,” she said, laughing a bit. Melaki smiled.
“And what about Link, how is he?” Melaki asked.
“You know it might be a girl,” she said.
“Yes Maron, I suppose anything is possible, but the blood of a knight flows through the child’s veins…surely he’ll be a great knight too,” Melaki said.
“Melaki! We need you on the battleground now, they’ve started to gain an upper hand!” one of the generals of the Hylian army called out.
“Please…be careful,” Maron said with a saddened look. Melaki stepped forward, kissing the woman passionately, then stepping away slowly with a slightly dark look about him. She knew as well as he did. They probably wouldn’t see each other again.
“If ever you should get into trouble….enter the forest…mysterious and magical things are said to be there….to you I give my undying love forever…I hope to see you soon,” Melaki said, turning and running for the field, arming his weapons. She hoped to see him again as well, no matter how highly stacked against her the odds were.







To describe better the events of the battle that occurred in the Unity War at this time, one should understand a little more about the tribe the Hylians were fighting at the time the final battle came along. All of the other tribes settling in the farther reaches of Hyrule had surrendered after a few battles and warnings of things to come. The Hylians controlled every tribe but one, the Mukri’ tribe, residing in the north of Hyrule field, near the Temple of Time, the place where the Hylians intended to build a community.
The Mukri’ fought with a ferocity rarely seen in battles. They wore little clothing, grass and corn husks and very few animal skins roughly the whole of their outfits. They fought not with metal either, but with magic, and magically potent bones of animals. They served as the blades, shields, and even masks of the tribe. They normally wore pain about their faces, although the fiercer had instead either tattoos or blood as decoration. The leader of the Mukri’ tribe was a man named Oni, a tall, very muscular man with hair down to his back, and the skull of a Wolfos about his face. He carried with him a sword made of several bones, most noticeable a leg bone and jagged teeth tied to it. This was the tribe the Hylians now fought.
The sound of the battle was loud, and could likely be heard from even the camp so far away. Metal and bone clashed, and men died every minute, some pierced through the heart by blades, others decapitated, but one thing was certain now. Both sides intended to win, in whatever way possible. The battle slowly worked its way up the rising hill on Hyrule field, due to the ferocity in which the Mukri’ fought with. As the Hylians were pushed closer and closer to their camp, they fought more ferociously, wanting to avoid suffering their women and children the wrath of the Mukri’ at all costs.
Distracted from the main fight all around them, nobody noticed the small group of four Mukri’ tribesman quietly running toward the Hylian camp. Nobody except Melaki. He ran full speed toward the tribesman, weapons at the ready. The Hylian general would have voiced his displeasure at the man running off like that could he find the time to yell in the midst of the heated combat he was engaged in. several soldiers stayed behind at the camp in case of an attack, but it mattered not to Melaki. He could feel something dark brimming on the edges, a feeling he always got before something terrible happened.
“You five! What do you think you’re doing?” Melaki asked.
“…right now, we think we kill you, shiny Hylian,” the first Mukri’ said.
“Yes, we think you’s head make fine trophy atop bone sword,” the second said.
“We shall see,” Melaki said, in a ready stance. He tried to size up the enemies before him, hard as it was in the smoke clogged night. The first was short and very fat, but carried two swords. The next, while thinner, had only a wooden club. The third and fourth were obviously twins, and had large clubs, and the fifth and final was large, but not fat, and had with him a spear. The first ran quickly at Melaki, who promptly kicked him in the chest, which did little. The Mukri’ swung at him with both of his blades, the Hylian just barely ducking out of the way. Melaki ran at the Mukri’ now, and he backed up only a few inches, but it was enough to give him the opportunity to stab the tribesman in the chest. Melaki angrily pushed the man off his blade, not even taking time to wipe blood from his blade before running at the second.
This Mukri’ punched at Melaki and missed, but was more precise with his club, hitting Melaki across the face and knocking him to the ground. The tribesman took out a small dagger, and got to his knees, stabbing at Melaki. The Hylian rolled to the side, then onto one knee, and with a single powerful strike, he cut the tribesman’s leg out from under him. Blood spurted from the wound and the man cried out in agony, and Melaki silence him with a smile, stabbing him in the throat. The Mukri’s cries of pain mixed in with a sick gurgling sound were heard for several seconds, then he was finally silent.
The third and fourth tribe members angrily ran at Melaki, the Hylian slashing one in the chest and stabbing the other through. The man who had been stabbed fell to the ground instantly dead, while the other who had been slashed at struggled to his feet, punching Melaki in the face. Angrily, he grabbed the Mukri’ by the hair, slamming him into his shield, then slitting his throat. The fifth and final man ran at Melaki, stabbing at him. The Hylian stepped to the side, stabbing at the Mukri. He brought his spear shaft up, blocking the stab and countering with a solid hit to the Hylian with the wooden end of his spear.
Angrily, the Mukri’ stabbed Melaki in the shoulder, blood spilling from the wound. With a grunt of pain Melaki quickly broke the point of the spear, removing it from his skin and throwing it to the ground. He then tackled the tribesman to the ground, punching him several times in the face before stabbing him in the heart. He stood up slowly, and was for a second relieved, then, almost instantly the feeling was replaced with a sickened feeling.
In the distance Melaki could see black smoke rising from the direction of the camp, and the smell of burning flesh was carried with it throughout the air of Hyrule. He ran as quickly as his legs would carry him to the spot, and found his greatest fears to be true. The entire camp had been laid to waste, and the burning and bleeding bodies were piled in a great fire, save a few scattered dying men and women. Among these Melaki recognized Sagro, a man he had fought alongside in the early battles of the Unity War. The man bled profusely from the chest, but was alive enough to speak.
“Melaki!” he called out as loud as possible.
“Sagro…what happened?” Melaki asked in disbelief.
“…the Mukri’ came. It was a sneak attack…the Hylian army out there thinks that they’re fighting the whole army…but in truth, half of them came here and…killed everyone,” Sagro explained. Melaki’s heart sank.
“Everyone?” he asked slowly, tears welling up in his blue eyes.
“No….not everyone…there are those of us that were horribly wounded…Maron was one of them…but don’t worry…the baby was delivered safely…Maron wanted me to tell you….she knew she was going to die….but she’s heading for the forest…and that the baby’s….name is Link,” Sagro said.
“Heh….so it was a boy….” Melaki said slowly, in shock at the entire situation. Sagro’s head fell backward gently, and a peaceful look entered his expression.
“Sagro? …Sagro! Don’t do this to me! …damn Mukri’!!!” Melaki said angrily, falling to his knees. He would have sobbed at that moment, was he just a bit less angry. At length, after much contemplation and thought, he stood, and headed in the direction of the battlefield. He would kill the Mukri’ with his fellow Hylians, and the nation would be theirs. He was a soldier, and as long as he was in the Hylian army, he had a family, and a home. However, he was fighting now only for himself, a fact that would come back to haunt him…







“His name is Link,” the Great Deku Tree said in his deep voice.
“Is this the one spoken of?” Navi asked, fluttering about the tree.
“I know not…he has no mark about his hand…but…this is a child of great destiny nonetheless. His future will be important to Hyrule, whether he be the chosen or not…Anklo!” the Great Deku Tree called loudly. Quickly, a young Kokiri boy ran to the meadow of the Deku Tree.
“Yes, Great Deku Tree?” the boy asked with a smile.
“Take this baby to the tree house, there he will live from now on,” the Great Deku Tree instructed.
“But there’s already a baby there…surely you don’t want me to leave Saria out in the cold?” Anklo asked.
“Ha ha ha, you are a very caring young boy…no, I want you to let them both be together. When Saria is old enough we will give her the house next to the tree house, but until then, I think it wise to leave the small children together,” the Great Deku Tree said.
“Yes Great Deku Tree,” Anklo said, taking the baby boy in his arms and running off quickly.
“I do have a feeling the child is chosen though Navi. Nothing is certain, but it was no accident that he lived tonight I deem,” the Great Deku Tree said quietly.
“I hope so….I hope so,” Navi said slowly.
Unity Is Won by BOEG

Chapter Two: Unity is Won










The battle on Hyrule’s green fields raged on. These men fought with everything they had, knowing that everything was at stake. For the Hylians, if they fell, the Mukri’ would take the remainder of their women in children who resided near Lake Hylia and make slaves out of them. For the Mukri’ they would lose their home, and watch as their land was defiled. Each side had a reason to die, and indeed in this dark hour each and everyone of the soldiers on the field was prepared to be a martyr, in the hopes of winning the battle.
Every single time one side had an advantage they were rid of it in minutes, and it seemed that the battle was at a standstill. The Hylians were surprisingly resistant to the magic that the Mukri’ tribe practiced, and likewise, the Mukri’ were much better at sword fighting than any had previously thought possible. Harkinarian was working his way to the back of the enemy lines as quickly as he could, trying to reach Oni, for he knew that killing him would be the only thing to truly stop the war. The man was well protected however, Mukri’ soldiers literally throwing themselves onto Harkinarian’s blade to keep Oni from being attacked.
A large group of Mukri’, somewhere around thirty, had split up and were now attacking the rear of the Hylian army, where the young boys and lower soldiers were placed. Indeed it was a bad situation, as these young men had little experience. Boys that were not above the age of thirteen were slain in the most terrible of ways, the Mukri’ biting into their throats or dismembering their bodies, laughing all the while. Out of this group to attack the rear, only two had been killed, and it seemed an effective plan.
However the Mukri’ did not expect what happened next. Melaki, sword drawn, a vicious smile on his face, charged through the back of the line, smashing his hilt against a Mukri’s face and then stabbing another through the heart. He stood his ground and performed a spin attack, knocking aside four more of the crazed men. One beat him in the back with a heavy stone however, and the Hylian fell to his knees, out of breath. The Mukri’ raised the stone once more with a smile, ready to smash the Hylian’s head open.
Melaki sat still, and right as the Mukri’ brought the stone down he held his Hylian shield over his head, then rammed the pointed edge into the man’s chest. He stood slowly, stabbing the Mukri’ in the forehead and reclaiming his weapons, then charging at the next group. Frightened at the blind rage of Melaki the Mukri’ men whipped and twirled their blades around, each attack bouncing harmlessly off the metal shield. Melaki forced them back, then stood in the middle of the group with a psychotic grin.
A Mukri’ uttered something in his native tongue, then stabbed at Melaki, who ducked, then laughed as the blade intended for him pierced another tribe member in the throat. With a profuse amount of blood and a muffled cry of pain the man fell to the ground. Melaki, still close to the ground, charged into the first man’s legs, toppling him to the ground. The Mukri’ stabbed at him with his short sword, but Melaki dodged the attack, quickly slitting the tribesman’s wrist. With a cry of pain he looked at his hand in shock, a foolish decision, for Melaki took this moment to grab the man by the hair and bash his head repeatedly into the ground. The man struggled with all his might to break free, but could not fight the power Melaki had in this moment. He continued to pummel the man’s head against the ground, blood all over the ground from his cracked skull. With a smile, Melaki picked up the rock that was intended for him in the last fight and with one heavy swing, crushed the man’s skull.
He removed the rock from the twisted mass of cracked bone and bleeding organs that used to be a face, and stood with a grim smile, his entire left hand covered in blood. He tossed the rock up in the air and caught it repeatedly, all while the tribesman watched with frightened expressions.
“Who’s next?” Melaki asked grimly. A very thin tribesman stepped forward. He was tall with long arms, and his ribcage stuck far out from his chest. He pulled a small knife from a leather scabbard. Melaki threw the stone with all of his might at the man and it left a bleeding wound on his chest, cracking his bone. With a cry he fell to his knees, and Melaki stood before him. The Mukri’ attempted to stab him, but Melaki grabbed his wrist cracking it, the dagger dropping to the ground. He took the man by the face with both bloody hands, and slowly spoke.
“It matters not who you are…for no one holds you in any esteem anyway. Your entire existence is as a hive mind, you work as an army. Without the army, you would be no one, and so you rely on those powerful enough to make a name for themselves to carry you along. Well allow me to say, I am your angel of death, and even if you were a figure of any importance you would still die in this moment,” Melaki said angrily, snapping the man’s neck.
Quickly, a Mukri’ man stabbed Melaki in the back, blood spurting from the wound. He reached behind his back, breaking the spear which the man had used, and turned slowly, a smile crossing his lips. Melaki ran at the man quickly, kneeing him in the chest and flipping him to the ground, falling to his knees and delivering a heavy deathblow to the man’s throat with his armored gauntlet. He stood, and three Mukri’ ran at him, swords drawn. With a single stroke he drew his blade and arced it to the left, slicing the chests of all three men open. One fell to the ground instantly, and the other two continued to attack. Melaki was cut in the shoulder by one’s blade while parrying an attack from another, and he quickly punched the first man in the face, then stabbed the second in the gut.
Melaki quickly kicked the body off of his blade and then brought it whirling around, and with one swift motion cut the head of the last Mukri’ clean from his shoulders. He looked around him slowly, seeing a pile of bodies before him, and the back line of Hylian soldiers with hopeful looks on their faces. Melaki, his hands covered in blood, sweat dripping from his face with every breath he took, nodded at the young boys, then slowly strode off to the front of the line. He had gotten a taste of revenge, but why didn’t he feel any better?







Now in the front of the line, where most of the battles were taking place, Harkinarian was finally just mere feet away from Oni, the last thing standing in between him and victory. The Hylian generals and higher ranking soldiers all fought to the best of their skill to clear a path for Harkinarian, and at last the Hylian got his chance. He ran at Oni, swinging his blade around, a blow directed toward Oni’s neck. The Mukri’ man held up his blade, blocking the blow, and countering with a punch to Harkinarian’s chest. The Hylian man clutched his chest, out of breath, and Oni slammed his elbow against the Hylian’s back, cracking it and sending him to the dirt ground quickly.
“You will not take land. You will unite nothing. You will die!” Oni yelled, kicking Harkinarian in the chest as he lay on the ground in pain. Oni readied his blade to stab the Hylian in the chest, but Harkinarian would not be defeated. With a single stab, he pierced the chest of Oni, and so passed the last resisting tribe in Hyrule. With a shocked look the tribesman fell to the ground next to Harkinarian, and the Hylian slowly stood once more, wiping the blood off of his blade and sheathing it once more.
“I was not about to let my young daughter and the rest of my people have to live in fear of you any longer…you already took my wife,” Harkinarian said angrily, spitting before the corpse of Oni. The Mukri’ ran full speed away from the battlefield, crying out in terror. They had never lost a leader before, and it was a new and frightening experience for all of them, but one thing was for certain. The Mukri’ did not run toward the Temple of Time. That was now the land of the Hylians. Unity had been won, and thus ended one of the darkest chapters in the history of Hyrule. But little could anyone know of the fact that some who escape that night alive would shape the fate of Hyrule for many, many years to come.
What The Forest Hides by BOEG




Chapter Three: What the Forest Hides









The Unity War had been won, and afterwards the remainder of the Hylian nation thrived, working day in and day out to create a civilized town out of the dirt paths and partially cleared forests that the Mukri’ had lived in. The Hylians had come quite far too. They had built a sprawling castle of white stone in less than a year, clear water in the moat flowing from Lake Hylia and draining back to the same spot. Through this act the Hylian army also gained an alliance with the Zoran tribe, and the king of the Zoras and his people now watched over the Hylians through the waterways.
The tribe had had an alliance with the Gorons for many years now, thanks to a time long ago when Harkinarian was still in his youth. He had been wandering about the foot of Death Mountain and found Darunia, the leader of the Gorons, surrounded by Red Tektites. While the Goron was holding his own, several of the creatures were slowly sneaking past him and into his city, where the defenseless children were. Harkinarian, being the brave young fighter that he was, dispatched all of the Red Tektites edging toward the city single handedly. Because of this, Darunia and Harkinarian had become Sworn Brothers, the greatest of honors among the Gorons.
Harkinarian had also found a caretaker for her young baby Zelda, a mysterious woman who had been wandering the fields, killing Mukri’ and other tribesman for years, praying to unknown gods and goddesses and lighting fires of unnatural colors into the night sky. This woman was Impa, and when thanked for her deeds in clearing away the other tribes, she told them that civilized people held the future in their hands, and that she was one of the few left who believed such a thing, one of the Shadow Folk, the Sheikah, who studied the art of Black magic. She joined the Hylians gladly, and took with her a small group to the foot of Death Mountain, where a second civilization was established, the village of Kakariko. Although the exact reason is unknown, it is likely Impa chose this spot because of the Sheikah graveyard very near to it.
The Hylians had decided to crown Harkinarian their king, the first king of the united realm. He was young, but intelligent, and not rash in thoughts. He would consider every outcome of a possible action before taking it, and indeed it was part of this that led to the people’s great love for the Hylian. Meanwhile, Melaki had been named a general in the army for his deeds defending the back line in the Unity War, although hardly anyone even knew who he was.
The market and castle were beautiful, it was everything he and his wife had ever dreamed of, but he was now alone. He gained no respect with his new position, and felt it worth nothing. His pay was a little higher, and that was roughly the extent of special privileges he got. What did a Hylian like Melaki care for rupees? He didn’t. He wanted only his wife and son. That, and the lack of respect his soldiers gave him was all he ever thought about. He was a spectacular leader in battles, and even greater at one on one combat, but no one even seemed to notice. What was it about him that made him blend in so well with everyone else?
“They’re nobodies,” he said aloud. A few soldiers suddenly looked up at him. He looked around, snapped out of thought. He sat on a wooden stool at a table in the Hylian tavern. It was around eight at night, and every soldier came here at one point in the day.
“What do you mean?” a soldier asked, standing before him. Melaki looked up, and recognized the young man as Jonphor, a soldier who had cut the throat of the leader of the Mor’knok tribe. He was still a regular ranked soldier, and would probably remain so for the rest of his life, but still, people cheered and clapped when he entered a room, and he had no less than three nicknames for his deeds on the battlefield. Melaki gave the man a slightly annoyed look, then spoke.
“The….tribes that are still hiding, planning resistance movements. They’re nobodies, not worthy of mention. We will crush them,” Melaki lied. He was referring to every soldier aside from himself. They hadn’t done anything worthy of mention. Half of them hadn’t even lost anyone in the Unity War. Melaki, who had lost everything was scoffed at and joked about because of the malicious manner in which he had fought that night. According to the combat lessons they all had received from a young age, his battle tactics had been very un-soldier like. He cared not, however. They were the fools.
“You’re still hurting aren’t you?” Jonphor asked, examining Melaki’s expression.
“W-what?” Melaki asked, caught off guard.
“You didn’t even get a chance to see your baby boy before…well…you know the rest,” Jonphor said.
“Yes…but…it matters not,” Melaki said.
“I think it could matter a lot. You aren’t happy, it’s easy to see Melaki. If you had just one chance to see your son, maybe things could be different. Pity,” Jonphor said quietly.
“Wait….maybe you’re right,” Melaki said, patting Jonphor on the shoulder and running quickly out of the tavern.
“Umm…you’re welcome?” Jonphor asked slowly, to himself.







Melaki ran as fast as he could. He had to take a back path as the drawbridge was closed and locked at night, but it wasn’t much of a hindrance. He ran along the dirt path that the Hylians had set, going in the direction of the elusive Kokiri Forest. He knew Link would be safe. He had to be. It was just a matter of finding the child. If he could simply hold his child once, then all would be okay. All of the torment, disrespect, all of it would be worth it. He would have a reason to live, to fight, once more.
After many minutes of vigorous running he at last reached the wooded cavern opening that led to the forest. For some reason he couldn’t place his finger on the area frightened him. He didn’t want to enter, despite all of the experiences he had already had. He feared what the forest hid. But after several moments he forced himself through the cavern entrance. If his son and wife had been here, then he too must go through.
The forest was blacker than pitch black. He could not see a thing in front of his face, but he did not let this deter him. He cautiously took a step forward. His foot caught air, and he fell somewhere around seven or eight feet to wet, damp ground. The wind was knocked out of him, as well as a fair amount of blood due to the position in which he fell, flat on his back. He thought about crying out for help, but ultimately decided against it. It was an abandoned forest, it wasn’t as if anyone would answer. He began to question how smart it was to take his child here. He began to feel the dark sinking feeling, and he feared above all else his child was dead. After about fifteen minutes of sitting in the darkness, with nothing keeping him company in the shadow aside from the sound of the animals high in the trees, he struggled to his feet. He limped around a bit for a few minutes, but eventually walked it out. Using his sense of direction, he headed west, hoping to find something with his hands. At length he ran into a solid rock wall. The initial impact was painful, but afterwards, he felt his way around, and was relieved to find a ladder. He took it up slowly, one rung at a time, not trusting anything completely in the ancient wood.
He at last made it up the ladder, after what seemed like an hour, and then he continued to feel his way around. To the west and east of him there were rock walls, but to the north, there was another cavern very similar to the one he had entered in the first place. He got onto his hands and knees and crawled slowly through the cavern, feeling the ground with his palms to make sure there were no drop offs. It was safe, and he slowly stood. He felt his way around each direction, and to his dismay, found that there was a cave in all four compass directions.
At length, after coming to no real logical decision, he headed east. He could tell the room he now stood in was large, much more expansive than the confined caverns he had been in earlier. It was the cool air that told him so. It was only the slightest bit brighter too. He looked upward, and could just barely see three or four stars sticking out through small openings in the tangled branches of the mighty trees. Melaki worked his way forward slowly, each step cautious, slow. Still it wasn’t enough to save him from tripping yet again, this time over a tree stump. He fell to the ground and let out a cry of pain, something he soon regretted.
Small pairs of yellow eyes opened up all around him, shifting their gaze to each other, and then back to him. It was the most frightening thing he had ever seen in his life. He was in complete darkness, not even knowing up from down at the moment, surrounded by nothing but glowing eyes. Whispers could then be heard, and although he could not make out the words, or if it was even of the language he understood, but he could tell they were not positive words. One pair of eyes grew large in the darkness, zeroing in on Melaki.
“I….see you…” a raspy, dark voice spoke.
“W-who are you?!” Melaki asked, terrified.
“We are the watchers….of the ancient wood….” The voice answered back.
“Ancient wood?” Melaki asked, sitting up slowly.
“Why…do you come here?” the voice whispered out.
“I’m looking for Kokiri Forest,” he answered. The eyes closed for several seconds, and at least twenty loud, high pitched laughs were heard, so loud that Melaki thought his ears may start bleeding.
“I fear you may have taken a wrong turn,” the voice laughed.
“Where am I?” Melaki asked.
“You are in the Lost Woods,”
“You are in the Lost Woods,”
“You are in the Lost Woods,” three voices sounded.
“H-how do I get out?” Melaki asked.
“He who enters….and gets lost….shall become a Stalfos….everyone….Stalfos,”
“Everyone….Stalfos,” the voices chattered.
“Shut up! Shut the fuck up!” Melaki yelled, his voice echoing loudly.
“You wish to wake the spirits then? If not I suggest you stifle yourself, foolish man,” the voice said.
“I just want to know how to get out of here,” Melaki said calmly.
“You can’t….you’re lost,” the voice said, louder, with more rasp in the tone.
“So help me find my way!” Melaki yelled.
“We help the children of the forest, of which you are not!” the voice yelled.
“Lead me out!” Melaki yelled.
“We do not like adults!” the voice yelled, and with that the yes disappeared. Suddenly the yellow glow appeared right in front of Melaki’s face, and he could now see who it was the spoke. A creature who hunched with glowing yellow eyes and a bony face was before him, a small beak about his face. He wore green gloves, and tattered fabric, along with a straw hat. It opened its mouth wide, and put a blow gun to it. quickly, Melaki unsheathed his blade and stabbed the creature, and it loud out a terrible cry of agony, and wood dust spurted from the wound along with green blood. It backed away, and Melaki took this chance to stand. He ran as fast as his legs would carry him through the darkness. He tripped over nearly everything, even his own foot, but he cared not, he had to escape.
“The Skullkids will not let you out! You are lost! You are Stalfos!” the voices yelled in unison. Melaki continued to run and run, past caverns and through caverns, around trees and over holes (which he of course tripped over). When at last the terrible sounds disappeared, and all traces of the Skullkids were gone, he began to slow his pace, and naturally, tripped over a root, spiraling into the ground, his face splashing into ice cold water, a very welcome surprise, although Melaki didn’t trust a thing in the evil woods.
He cupped the liquid in his hands, drinking until he felt nourished enough to once again journey through the wood, and then he sat and thought. What were the chances his baby boy had made it alive through any of this? Why did he tell his wife to take the child to the woods?
“Why did I decide to do this?” he asked aloud, his own voice scaring him.
“Nothing is without reason,” another voice answered. Melaki nearly jumped out of his skin. He unsheathed his blade and stood, looking around. He saw a slimy looking shape in the water he had just drank from, and spoke slowly.
“Who or what are you?”
“I am Bruto, and I am a Zora. And you are Melaki Avencrow,” the Zora answered.
“Do you know your way around here?” Melaki asked, relieved.
“I know a very little bit, but it’s probably more than you know, so I’m willing to share my knowledge,” Bruto answered.
“And that knowledge is?” Melaki asked.
“First to be careful…there’s another Hylian body here-,” Bruto began.
“Take me to it,” Melaki said, a lump in his throat. His son was killed. He just knew it.
“Are you sure?” Bruto asked.
“…yes,” Melaki answered.
“Fine, but no point going in full darkness,” Bruto said, searching around for a tree. He quickly broke off a branch, and skillfully made a fire, lighting the stick. It was in reality a small amount of light, but Melaki felt as if the Zora held the Sun in his hand at this moment.
“This way,” Bruto said. Melaki followed quickly behind him. They went through several more caverns, and at length they reached an open room, and Melaki fell to his knees sobbing the instant he saw what was before him. He just barely recognized his wife, naked and bloody, tied between two trees by rope around the arms and legs. Her body was being devoured by Wolfos, and already half of her face had been eaten away, her rotting brain slowly oozing through her eye socket, which was covered in blood. The smell of death hung strong, blood and pieces of meat and organs littering the ground below her body, the Wolfos lapping up her blood and biting chunks from her body, the less fortunate ones, eating the slop she had dropped onto the ground.
“Did you know her?” Bruto asked, not looking at the body.
“…she was my wife,” Melaki answered, unable to take his eyes of the morbid body.
“Oh my Goddesses…I’m so sorry,” Bruto said slowly.
“Ahhhh!!!!!! You filthy disgusting animals!!!!” Melaki screamed, unsheathing his blade and running at the pack of Wolfos devouring her wife’s corpse. There were six of them, each strong and obviously well fed as of late, their eyes glowing green, and their claws sharp. Melaki cut the throat of one, blood splattering to the grass, the wolf howling in pain, falling to the ground and bursting into green flame. Another Wolfos pounced at Melaki, who blocked with his Hylian shield, slashing the Wolfos in the paw. It yelped in pain, slashing at Melaki’s leg. Blood ran from the wound and the Hylian fell to his knees, stabbing the beast in the heart. It exploded into fire on his blade, and he slowly stood again.
Two of the Wolfos suddenly punched upon him, biting into his arms and holding him steady on the ground as a third Wolfos approached him, drooling. It stepped onto his chest, sniffing his body. What looked like a grin crossed its face, and it reared its head back, just in time to get pierced in the neck by one of Bruto’s fins. It backed away into a stone wall, whimpering and bursting into flame. Bruto kicked one of the Wolfos biting Melaki’s arm in the face and it turned to face the Zora. Melaki stuck his shield’s pointed end into the others back, then bashed it in the face, and it burst into flame. He then stabbed the Wolfos that was after Bruto in the crown of the head, and it too fell to the ground, combusting.
All that remained now was the pack leader, a scar running across its face, fierce red eyes. Melaki cracked his neck, sword at the ready. The Wolfos ran at him, and the Hylian stepped to the side. The Wolfos spun around quickly and bore it’s teeth, determined to get another meal. It pounced at Melaki, biting into his shoulder tightly. Blood spilled from the wound and Melaki clenched his teeth in pain, punching the Wolfos repeatedly in the head with his armored gauntlet. Suddenly he remembered what had won him numerous battle in the past, and he felt around the ground for the perfect sized stone. By and by he found one, and bashed the Wolfos hard in the face, leaving a bleeding wound on its face. It angrily tore out a chunk of flesh from Melaki’s shoulder and backed away several feet. It would not be satisfied until it had the entire body to itself. The same went for Melaki.
The Hylian stood and jumped to the side just as the Wolfos pounced once more. This time however, he did not wait for the Wolfos to attack again, but instead he slashed the creature’s back paw, and it fell over, angered. Melaki was on the ground next to the Wolfos however before it even had a chance to react, and he angrily raised his blade into the cool night air with both hands, bringing it down into the Wolfos’ side. Blood spurted onto the Hylian’s face and he smiled as the Wolfos cried out in pain. He brought the blade up again, and smashed it into the creature’s flesh again. It cried out once more, this time weaker. Melaki lifted the blade again, and brought it down again, and this time the Wolfos’ voice was down to a weak whimper. Bruto had had enough.
“Melaki, stop, it’s just a foolish animal. It won’t bother you anymore,” Bruto said.
“I know it won’t. Not after I’m finished anyway,” Melaki said angrily. Bruto ran forward, grabbing both of Melaki’s arms to prevent him from attacking the Wolfos again. Angrily he spun around to face Bruto.
“Come, don’t hurt the animal,” Bruto said.
“Don’t hurt it?! It didn’t show mercy to my dying wife did it?! who are you to tell me what to do! You are nobody!!!” Melaki yelled, stabbing the Zora in the heart. Bruto let out a gasp and a wide eyed look of surprise entered his expression, then he fell to the ground dead, blue blood staining Melaki’s blade. A look of shock entered Melaki’s face for a moment, then he angrily fell to his knees, bringing the blade down upon the Wolfos one last time, cutting it completely in half. The two parts burst into green flame at the same moment, and Melaki sighed.
At length he stood, cutting the bonds of his devoured wife and examining the trees she had been tied to. They were to his luck, dead, and he pushed them over, claiming Bruto’s Deku stick and lighting them ablaze. When at last the fire rose into the sky, he took the body of the Zora, and the body of his wife, and threw them into the flames, and there he sat, until nothing remained of the corpses but black ashes. He slowly stood, and headed in a random direction; he no longer cared where. He knew some cave had to lead to Kokiri Forest. He had to find his son. Sheathing his sword and placing his shield back around his back, he picked up a lit Deku stick and headed in the direction of another cavern, never once looking back.
A Power Unlike Anything You Can Imagine by BOEG





Chapter Four: A Power Unlike Anything You Can Imagine









The shadow only seemed to grow as Melaki traveled farther and farther into the forested caverns. He knew not which direction he traveled, or for what reason he even continued to do so. He was covered in blood, the warm liquid running off of his body and onto the damp cold grass. The Wolfos and other wild animals probably had caught his scent long ago, never mind the fact that it wasn’t even his own blood. The foul beasts of the wood would care not.
He stepped slowly into another cavern with only one exit on the northern side. Cautiously, Melaki swung the Deku stick around, the unsteady flickering light shining against the cold moss covered walls of stone. Etched into them were several warnings in a language unknown to Melaki, but he could tell they were meant to deter travelers, simply because of the manner in which they were drawn, and the fact that the standard marking for evil in all of the languages was etched into the stone numerous times.
“Heh…what do I have to lose?” Melaki asked to himself with a cold smile. He stepped forward. Instantly somewhere near to thirty Skullkids dropped from the roof of the forest, landing with a surprisingly quiet sound in front of the Hylian general. He unsheathed his sword and readied his Hylian shield.
“You have killed creatures of the forest,” one spoke.
“You have killed a man of the water,” spoke another.
“You have defiled the ancient wood with blood and fire,” a third said in quiet an angry tone.
“You have wounded one of our brothers,” said a last raspy voice.
“Wise would it have been to have stayed in one place and accepted your fate as a Stalfos. Instead you will now die. It has been a great many years since blood was shed in the forest. You have destroyed the peace of the land. Now we will destroy you,” the Skullkids said in unison, stepping forward. Melaki was not frightened. He was angered.
With a cry that echoed through the forest he dashed forward, and cut the heads from three Skullkids with a single sweeping stroke of his blade. He laughed loudly, but was silenced as five Skullkids launched Deku seeds into his back with their blowguns. He yelled in pain, blood running from the wounds onto the ground. Melaki faced the wood spirits, and with an insane grin, he stuck his blade through the chest of one of the Skullkids and removed it, bringing it down upon the Skullkid’s head.
The remaining four that had been shooting at him continued to do so, and he blocked the incoming seeds with his shield, then stuck the weapon into one’s forehead. He sliced one in the chest then stabbed it when as it fell to the ground. The two Skullkids left in the small group attacked Melaki, and with a psychotic look about his face and within the way he took actions, he cut the legs out from under one and decapitated the last. The rest of the group dispersed quickly, all except one. This Skullkid spoke in an angered voice.
“You should have accepted your fate…you should have gone quietly…then maybe things could have worked out for you…even a Stalfos still has a life,” the Skullkid said, fading slowly into the shadow with the rest of its brothers. Melaki stood, covered in green and red blood, an angry look about his expression. He walked through the next cavern, despite all of the warnings against it. He stepped inside the dark room, and almost instantly he felt the need to leave, and he would have, was he not paralyzed with fear. A fierce wind suddenly lashed out at Melaki, and his Deku stick was blown out and thrown against the nearby wall. The room was lit ablaze with shining light, and a dark voice spoke.
“You…who are you?”
“My-my name is Melaki A-a-avencrow,” Melaki answered.
“So frightened at a mere voice are you? How would you feel if I were to reveal myself to you?” the voice asked.
“…somewhat better, though not at all at ease,” Melaki answered honestly. Before him suddenly appeared a man with darkly tanned skin and pointed ears. His eyes were a red color, and he had long black dreadlocks. There was a black robe about his body, and his nails were long and sharp. He quickly unfolded his crossed arms and put them at his side, palms open as if he were expecting something from Melaki.
“My name is Khmer,” he spoke.
“…W-who is that?” Melaki asked.
“I am…or was rather…a Hylia. I was murdered by the hands of the soldiers in your army,” Khmer answered.
“I didn’t do it!” Melaki said, angered.
“Indeed,” Khmer agreed.
“So then why assault me?!” Melaki asked, wanting nothing more than to be free of the ordeal.
“I do not assault you. I offer you something you desire,” Khmer answered.
“You have my son?” Melaki asked.
“No, something much more long lasting…respect, power…the ability to instill fear in all who see you,” Khmer answered.
“….how?” Melaki asked after a long pause.
“In my years as a living Hylia I was fascinated by legends of a demon named Satan. He is the Lord of Hell if you have never heard of him. He invented an incredible tool much more potent than anything Din, Farore, or Nayru could ever hope to grant the Hylias. He created Black magic. A tool to use for power and offense, not as cheap final stands, but decisive first blows. I studied and harnessed this power in my life, and created magic that summoned the power of the elements from all the corners of the earth and beyond. I summoned the magic of the Lightning, of the Light, of the Ice, Sand and…Fire,” Khmer explained.
“So…what?” Melaki asked, slightly intrigued.
“I took a liking to these powers, and named them the Mystic Circle. The magic I was most potent in was the Mystic Fire…so potent was I with it that I carried it with me even to the grave, unnatural and crude as it was. I offer you my power,” Khmer said.
“Why…would I want this power?” Melaki asked.
“Because…you can destroy fields in minutes…you can turn lands of ice into oceans of water in seconds…you can decimate armies and take lives…in the blink of an eye…no one will stand against you. All will wish to be with you, and those who do not will not have the voice to speak out. And all who do…will see the power you wield. With this power….you can have anything,” Khmer answered.
“…I…I just….hmmm. …Give it to me,” Melaki said, a look of lust in his blue eyes.
“Very well…I bestow upon you a jewel…the earthly embodiment of the magic…so long as you possess this…core if you will…the magic is yours. Place It in your body, and feel the power. In return for this gift you must however make sacrifices,” Khmer said.
“What sacrifices?” Melaki asked slowly.
“You must forsake your name…your race…your army…any skills you have learned from your battles…and your love…it all means nothing. If you wish to be everything, you must first start as nothing. If you wish to become a God, you must first learn what it is to crawl on the earth like a weak insect. If you are take lives…you must first lose your own. You are not Melaki…he has died! You are the Dark Knight, the destroyer of nations, the leader of the Cult of Hyrule, the master of the nightmares that everyone has at night…all you must do to be all of this…is to die to your identity,” Khmer answered.
“I will…” Melaki answered.
“Very well,” Khmer said, fading away. Where the ghastly image was there now sat a crystal of crimson, and Melaki picked it up slowly. He drew the crystal across the back of his right hand, and then dug it deeper and deeper into his skin. Blood ran from the wound and he cringed from the pain, but the moment he set the jewel in his hand all faded, and he felt again powerful. He would follow Khmer’s instructions, but first he had to see his son, just once. He headed north, the only direction left, to see Link.








The ground began to steadily slope as he traveled northward, and the trees became less thick, and spread farther apart. The light shone brighter as well, and he knew he was close. On her marched forward, continuing north, drenched in blood of red and blue and green, the sickly warm liquids dripping off of his body and onto the ground with each step his armor shod boots took. Animals from far off bolted away with the quickest of speeds at the sound of the armor and heavy breathing that drew slowly nearer. It was a wise choice on their part too. Melaki would have killed anything that stood in his way. He had but one last thing to do as Melaki, and he intended not to fail.
He traveled through one last cavern, and was almost blinded by the immediate light of the sun beating down upon him. He looked around and saw several huts of wood to the sides of the forest near rock walls, large trees looming above and providing great shade. Indeed it was very cool in this place, and there was a magical feeling about it. The grass was neatly cut in most parts of the forest, except the sides around the entrance to the Lost Woods that Melaki had just escaped from. There was a fenced in area on a hill to the north with a hut just eastward, and another open cavern of wood below the hill to the right.
There was a path of dirt leading from the middle of the village to the hill, and then to the cavern entrance. Out of the rock wall to the west burst water that flowed gently downward into a small stream with stone platforms jutting up and out of the surface of the water. There was a small path cut into the rock wall northwest behind which was a gigantic tree, nearly one hundred feet in height by appearance, and at least half as wide. Directly north, and what immediately caught Melaki’s eye, was a tree house. He leapt from the hill he was now on onto the ground, landing on his knees.
He was in much pain from the events in the Lost Woods, and in no condition for such a jump. He struggled to his feet slowly, and began to walk toward the treehouse. He was stopped by a short child clad in a green tunic with a hat about his head and long blonde hair over his eyes.
“What are you oh….my…..Goddesses,” the boy said in disbelief as Melaki turned to face him, bloody and angered, a crazed look on his face.
“I am looking for someone. Who or what are you?” Melaki asked.
“I-I-I’m…Pado…a Kokiri…” Pado answered slowly.
“Pado, eh? Do you know where a young baby named Link is?” Melaki asked.
“…” the boy did not answer. He knew he should not tell the man where the child was, just by the evil air around him.
“Tell me, please,” Melaki said again.
“I…” Pado tried to speak words.
“Do not try my patience boy,” Melaki said angrily.
“He’s not gonna tell you a thing you big clanky jerk!” a Kokiri said, stepping up behind Pado and patting him on the back.
“Who are you…to tell him…what he…is to tell….me?” Melaki asked.
“I’m….well….err…Duranger is my name,” the Kokiri answered.
“Here this child-,” Melaki was cut off.
“I am no child. I am nearing thirty in my years,” Duranger said.
“Ah…the magic of the forest preserves your body,” Melaki said thoughtfully.
“Yes…..but…you must leave,” Duranger said.
“I must see Link,” Melaki said.
“You aren’t going to see anyone! You’re mean and evil!” a Kokiri girl said, appearing behind the other two.
“Evil? Ha ha ha …am I what your conception of evil is? How flattered I am to be feared by you, but now I must see my son,” Melaki said, turning away from the Kokiri and walking slowly toward the treehouse. Mido, the leader of the Kokiri now appeared, a rock in his hand. With a swift motion, he threw the stone, and with an even swifter motion, Melaki spun around, catching the stone in his bloody palm.
“You foolish creatures! I will not tolerate this any longer! I am seeing my son, and any who oppose me…will die!” Melaki yelled, throwing the rock at Pado, nailing him in the skull. He fell to the grassy ground, bleeding, and dead. The Kokiri children screamed and cried, backing away from the Hylian. He turned now, and walked toward the treehouse. He quietly climbed up the ladder and strode through the doorway, and then he saw the child.
His heart was lightened, and heavily burdened at the same time. Link was beautiful, everything he ever could have wished for, a living breathing boy who would become a great man like his father. But Melaki could no longer be the father of such a boy. He was not Melaki. He was the Dark Knight. He gently picked the child up in his arms and cradled him gently. He would of shed a tear in this moment, had he the heart left.
“Link…my beautiful son…my child…don’t ever….give up…things may be confusing, and dark at times…but no matter what…Melaki Avencrow shall always love you. And if you do grow to be the great hero that I know you can….if you grow to be a man written down in legends…then I pray…I pray with what small faith I have left…that you never meet the Dark Knight in combat…because…” he stopped. The child had such a peaceful look on his face, but it was not his child, not anymore. He couldn’t be attached. “Because he will kill you,” and with that, Melaki kissed the boy on the forehead and placed him once again in the bed next to Saria, and walked slowly out of the treehouse.
He was greeted by the entire Kokiri tribe, fairies fluttering about angrily, a bright red color. The Kokiri shouted angrily, lit Deku sticks and rocks in their hands, one of the boys even carrying the fabled Kokiri sword. He smiled to himself.
“You want me?!” Melaki asked.
“We wanted you to leave! But no! You wouldn’t! and now Pado…but no! No more! You won’t leave this place alive!” Duranger said angrily. Melaki, suddenly empowered with anger, leapt from the treehouse, landing on his feet, a menacing look on his face.
“Come then, kill me!” Melaki said happily. A Kokiri boy rushed at him, tears streaming from his hazel eyes. He had a rock tied to string in his hand, and he swung it around, hitting Melaki in the breastplate, the attack doing absolutely nothing in the boy’s favor. Melaki laughed and unsheathed his sword, decapitating the young boy with a swift stroke, even more blood covering Melaki’s already stained blade. Several Kokiri fell to the ground and were sick, but others were set ablaze with anger and hate.
Three of the Kokiri launched their stones at Melaki, who blocked two with his blade, and caught the last. He threw it again at a Kokiri child’s head, and again, killed the boy. A Kokiri girl ran at Melaki, crying. She screamed loudly, in disbelief at all the evil occurring around her. she beat against Melaki’s legs ceaselessly, and for awhile the Hylian was amused. He raised the girl off of her feet by the neck with one hand, then with the other, grabbed her hair. With one quick jerk, her neck was broken, and she was dead. He threw the body against a stone wall nearby, and was suddenly pelted with a flaming Deku stick.
“…so…you want to play with fire? Little children are taught to not fool around with fire where I came from…the old cliché’ is something like….don’t play with fire, or you’ll get burned, yes?” Melaki asked. The Kokiri were silent, confused by Melaki’s sudden calmness.
“Kill him!!!” a Kokiri in the crowd yelled. They suddenly ran at Melaki, Deku sticks burning brightly.
“Heh….fools! you had your chance to heed my warning! Mystic….Fire….Attack!!!!!” Melaki screamed at the top of his lungs, his hoarse voice echoing through the woods for miles and miles. Out of his outstretched palms came a torrent of flame nearly fifteen feet wide, and it scorched the children, killing many and lighting the forest ablaze. There were screams of pain and terror all around, and all the while Melaki smiled to himself, in awe of the power he now had. He turned slowly for the cavern to the east of the forest, and gave the land one last glance. From the flames, to the bodies, then to the treehouse and back again. He sheathed his blade and strode out of the forest. More than Kokiri children died that day. Melaki did as well. The Dark Knight knew not what to do next, but he instinctively headed for the one place where his anger was the strongest: to Hyrule castle.
A War Against A Single Man by BOEG





Chapter Five: A War Against A Single Man









He didn’t know how long he had been gone, hidden by the silence and shadow of the Lost Woods. He didn’t care either. He marched through the fields of Hyrule, blood covering his arms to his elbows, and an insane look about his face. His blonde hair was matted against his face, dirty and drenched in sweat. His Hylian shield was behind his back, and his sword was sheathed at his side, covered in blood and fur.
He had used the Mystic Fire quite wrong, and he could tell, as the skin about his palms was charred black and smoking, but the power he had felt was incredible. He knew the Kokiri would not make the mistake of fighting him again, and soon, he would have the entire Hylian army before him as well. Slowly but surely the Dark Knight would become the ruler of Hyrule.
The sun blared down at him, its light intense but rather welcome after the long venture into shadow. It would make his goal more attainable as well. Targets are most easily spotted in broad daylight, and usually have great difficulty in escaping one more powerful than them when they have been sighted. It was something Melaki had learned throughout the years, dead as he now was. The Dark Knight considered the knowledge of Melaki not to be knowledge he learned, but rather something that was told to him by a lowly Hylian soldier.
“Melaki! Oh my Goddesses! You’re bleeding! And your hands…are you okay?!” a Hylian soldier said, noticing the bleeding smoking Hylian soldier walking toward him. The Dark Knight stopped before the Hylian soldier running at him, charred burning skin falling from his hands and scorching the earth.
“I’m fine,” he answered.
“But look at you…covered in blood and walking so slowly,” the soldier argued.
“I said that I am fine soldier,” he stated again, his voice colder this time.
“But…your hands, they’re black as if you placed them in a fire,” the soldier noted.
“Hmph. Very well,” he said. He clenched his burned hands tightly into fists, hitting the soldier in the face. He was knocked backwards, his flesh burned by the amazingly hot skin of the Dark Knight. He wasted no time and kicked the soldier in the chest several times, and he went sprawling to the ground. He turned slowly, and found the blood stained sword of the Dark Knight at his throat.
“Go now, and give the Hylian army a message. Tell them that they have one more battle to engage in before the Unity War is truly over. Tell them that the Dark Knight, leader of the last tribe, the Cult of Hyrule, wishes to fight the entire Hylian army. Alone,” the Dark Knight said. The soldier stood slowly, and in horror, ran toward the castle to relay the message.








The Hylian army moved quickly to respond to this, arming their soldiers and steeds with armor and weaponry, marching them all onto Hyrule field as quickly as possible. At the head of the countless lines of soldiers was King Harkinarian, the Royal Family’s sword in his hand, a crown of gold about his head. The Dark Knight smiled to himself. His plan was coming to life before his eyes.
“Melaki Avencrow, why do you ask to combat the Hylian army? Are you not a general of the army yourself?” Harkinarian asked.
“I am…yet it means nothing. It is a title worthy of little and known to few. In order to be of any importance you must rule a nation, win a nation, or…take a nation,” the Dark Knight answered.
“So you wish to take Hyrule General Avencrow?” Harkinarian asked.
“Do not call me that. I am no longer a general, or Melaki for that matter. I am the Dark Knight,” he said.
“Whoever you are….please reconsider this foolishness. You do not want to throw away your life to such a useless cause and I know it. You don’t want to die,” Harkinarian pleaded.
“You are all to right I am afraid. But luckily for you your majesty, I do not intend to die. Oh no, quite the opposite,” the Dark Knight said. And with that he clenched his burned hands once more into fists, readying his shield and sword. He ran toward the Hylian army, and Harkinarian gave a loud shout to arm weapons. Instantly all of the soldiers yelled in agreement, slamming their spears into the ground then pointing them forward, marching toward the bleeding man.
They marched slowly, wanting to get the battle over with quickly. It was a single wounded Hylian general who was obviously insane, and all reasoned it would be a very quick battle. The Dark Knight stood at the ready, waiting for the soldiers to reach him. A grim smile crossed his lips, and his blue eyes grew wide in anticipation.
The first line of armored soldiers reached him, stabbing at him with their spears. He blocked all the incoming attacks with his shield, stabbing one soldier in the throat with his blade and impaling another upon his unnaturally sharpened shield-end. The others in the front line ran at him, one soldier slicing at his face, leaving a long bleeding wound across his left cheek. He angrily chopped the spear in half, stabbing the man in the face with his sword then turning quickly, ramming another in the forehead with his hilt.
The remainder of the front line attacked now, stabbing and slicing where and when they could. With a mighty slash of his blade he cut four in the chest, and cut one’s throat as he brought the blade up from the slice. He blocked numerous incoming arrows from a few soldiers who had managed to retreat, then he ran toward them all, yelling psychotically, shield in front of face. He leapt a few inches into the air when he reached these soldiers, and knocked them all to the ground. He stabbed the first two in the chest, then pressed his blade into the last one’s throat. And with that, the front line had fallen. The Dark Knight stood, turning to face the rest of the army.
The army was silenced, amazed at the skill of this Hylian. He had single handedly taken down some of the best men in the Hylian nation. They looked at each other, scanning faces for some sign of what to do, of any kind of emotion, but they could find none. At length they all did the only thing they could still think of: they marched forward. The Dark Knight ran at them, cutting armor and severing limbs, taking lives and sparing few. He took down at least four more lines in this manner, the amount of bodies around him dead or mortally wounded no smaller than sixty at least. He looked around at the devastation that he had caused, and let out a laugh of glee.
“Take him down! All of you, no more organized battle! Kill him!” Harkinarian yelled. The soldiers all cheered, and ran toward the soldier, blades and spears and shields and bows in hand. The Dark Knight fought ferociously, killing more and more soldiers. All of the lines of the army were upon him now, and he was quickly being overwhelmed, but when he was on the brink of defeat, he thrust his hands into the air, dropping his weapons and yelling loudly, “Mystic Fire Attack!!!” and like that, the pillars of flame at his command struck the ground like lightning, blasting countless soldiers into the air and back down to their deaths with every blast. Hundreds of pillars of flame shot out from the sky, killing more and more men. It was in this moment however, that the king of Hyrule readied his bow, and shot a single arrow, what would become the most famous weapon in history for years to come. “The Arrow That Saved Hyrule” it was called. That arrow he strung and let fly found its target, hitting the Dark Knight in the back, piercing his armor and flesh, and knocking him unconscious.
The king of Hyrule, angered yet unwilling to kill the general right off, commanded he be taken to the dungeon for questioning. And so it was that King Harkinarian of Hyrule would make one of the biggest mistakes of his life.
A Plot Revealed and an Evil Released by BOEG







Chapter Six: A Plot Revealed and an Evil Released









What happens next in the disturbing past of the darkest warlord in Hyrule’s history need not be told in much detail, for although much happened, little of importance occurred, and what is in the Hylian’s future is much more interesting to hear, so of this chapter in his life little will be told. In truth little is known, for the Dark Knight kept small account of what happened while he was in Hylian captivity, until his last days in the dungeons of the castle.
Out of the things that are known, and the things that can be guessed, one can put together a more or less accurate account of what happened. The Dark Knight was removed of all armor and weaponry after the War of Flames (the title the Hylians gave the battle, among others, such as the War of Loss and the Anger of the Gods) and he was kept in the darkest part of the Hyrulean dungeons, locked and chained. Everyday he was questioned, and everyday he remained silent. There was nothing to tell except the truth, that he wished to destroy the Hylian army and take control of the kingdom and all surrounding land.
At some point in his containment, the dark voice of Khmer spoke to him once more, telling him of the tools he needed, of the black armor and long blade he must construct, and of the secret breed of horses he must find and tame. For days he learned of all of the things that would complete his transformation, and at last Khmer’s cold spirit reached from beyond and freed him from the castle. He went to the mountains of Hyrule, and made his black armor, and the large broadsword he would carry with him from the fires and magma of the volcanoes beneath the earth. He found also the black steeds Khmer whispered of, and he tamed and properly armored one, a horse he trained and was very proud of.
Gradually he learned of Black Magic as well, and discovered the technique of warping magic. He traveled across realms and struck hard, gaining many things, but feeling overall empty. He continued to kill, and to kill and kill, each time he did so feeling better, if only for a moment. It became an addiction. He could only feel normal when someone was suffering. He took to mass genocide and grand war because of this. The more who died or suffered, the better he felt and the longer he stayed that way.
Just as Khmer said a group of people became entranced with everything he did, and became his followers, obsessed with upholding his destructive beliefs and wishes. They were the Cult of Hyrule. The Dark Knight terrorized the world for years uncounted, and it was then that his anger and need for blood became its greatest. He learned that his son was still alive. He hunted the Hero of Time day and night, and when at last he found him…well, I believe you’ve heard these tales. Of his death at the hands of the Triforce Team, and his revival and ultimate destruction at the hands of Modeus the Lord of Hell. But things happen, and the times change, in Hell as they do on Earth. The reign of Modeus has passed, and a new demon is slowly rising to the throne…..
Part II:A Threat Long Thought Dead by BOEG





Part II









Chapter One: A Threat Long Thought Dead









The air was hot, around ninety degrees. Black smoke rose into the air, and he felt like coughing with every breath he took. He stood on a piece of red land overlooking a flowing river of glowing magma, and the sky above him was black, lightning piercing through the clouds now and again, despite the lack of rain. The only other land anywhere near him was a similar cliff-like piece of red rock across the magma chasm, nearly fifty feet away from where he stood, and there was but one obvious way to reach it: an old wooden suspension bridge that swayed in the wind.
The man stroked his black beard lightly, then breathed in the choking fumes once more before bolting onto the bridge. He ran as quickly as his legs would carry him, the sound of the creaking wood under his feet making him at precious little ease. Suddenly a board broke out from under his foot and tumbled into the lava below, instantly catching fire. The man fell flat on his face, staring straight below at the magma through the cracks of the weak wooden boards.
Ever so cautiously the man stood, then took a few very slow, very small steps forward. He took another deep, painful breath and continued to run. He was very near to the other side, so close to solid ground, and then it happened. The ropes supporting the bridge snapped, and instantly the bridge smacked against the stone cliff face, boards plummeting into the river of fire. The man made a desperate grab for the rope but missed, and began to fall. Closer and closer to the magma he fell as each second seemed to pass in slow motion.
When he was just mere inches away however, he stopped falling, and began to float in midair. He bolted upward toward the black sky, and with a single twist of his body, landed on the other side of the chasm, safe and alive. A smile crossed his lips, and he put his hands at his sides, breathing heavily.
“Simulation off,” Jet said, and just like that, the entire dark landscape he had been in faded to nothing, the familiar metal walls and cold floors of his training unit back in his sight. The stone cliff he was atop was in reality a raised section of metal floor, a mere five feet in the air. He leapt from it, and it slowly lowered back into the ground. Jet had to hand it to him. Kazuya was getting smarter all the time, and the technology he brought back from the Mishima organization was aiding the team to say the very least.
Years had passed since the Hell Lord Warrior Modeus was defeated, but everyone in the Triforce Team knew that the army still thrived, and therefore, they all continued to train, day after day, hour after hour. Jet had kept up his rigorous training program, even as he grew older. He was now thirty-seven, not old, but by no means as young as he was when he first entered Hyrule with Link and Zelda so long ago. The children had all grown to become powerful fighters, and all were sixteen, or very near to the age.
Samson had abandoned his sword in turn for a Zedusrian spear, and Gogetta had abandoned his blade in turn for a chakram. Link II still fought with the blade however, and was becoming more and more like his father with each battle he won. Jin Kazama had learned much in the art of Ken lately as well, and the team thrived.
The Gerudo alliance had grown, and the Hylian nation finally learned to trust Ganondorf. Things were going well, and no one could complain. The Triforce Team was suffering no loss when it came to future fighters either. Both Samus and Zelda were again pregnant, only a few months apart. Peace had made its presence known in the years past, and the realms were now thriving.
Jet sat down on the metal ground slowly, stroking his beard with his left hand, sweat dripping from his body. He just couldn’t shake it. Things were going perfectly. No attacks had been made, his family was happy and safe, and his kingdom was thriving. Every cloud had a silver lining that shined brighter than the sun itself, but in the distance he could still feel the storm brewing. Something was happening, something dark. Even if it was failing to make itself known, it was felt, felt with every breath the man took. His flashbacks had not stopped; they had increased. And his dreams with Kenji had become vague, and far apart.
It was a time when some kind of guidance, any kind, would have been great, and so naturally, it was a time when guidance was the one thing that evaded him. He felt more alone than ever in the decisions he had to make, albeit there was a prince and queen to help him. Then again it happened. The flash of white light. The piercing shrill noise that blew away all of his senses to the point he couldn’t tell up from down, or even understand the question if it were asked. In his mind he suddenly saw a beautiful flower, bright pink in color, surrounded by a field of grass. It was a lush field, beautiful to behold, but there was something wrong. The tips of the blades were turned ever so gently upward, and were colored a slight brown. They were dying, slowly but surely dying, and the flower was unharmed. Out of this vision Jet was flung, and back into reality did he find himself.
His heart sank. Lower than it had in years it sank. Every dark feeling he had in his head came out in raw emotion, and with a sigh he stood and put on his blue training shirt. He quickly gathered all of his weaponry and he headed upstairs. The alarm had sounded.







“Man, what in the world could be wrong?” Shinota asked. The man had not changed much at all, save a black beard.
“I don’t think anyone has the slightest clue, but it sure as hell isn’t one of the normal customers ringing the bell,” Jin answered.
“Hmm? Whaddya mean?” Jet asked.
“The signal…it’s coming from Labrynna,” Jin answered.
“Eh, we better warp first and ask questions later,” Akullodorf said, tightening his black gauntlet onto his hand. The Gerudo had long since abandoned his Doomknocker armor for the garb of Gerudo kings.
“Digi-Port…Open!” Jet yelled, thrusting the old device in front of his face.
“Let’s see if we still got it,” Kazuya said with a smirk, cracking his neck. The team let out their cheers (or sighs in the case of some) of agreement, and headed for the realm of Labrynna.







The tears of the people fell to the ground of the stone lined streets. They had all gathered around in a large crowd, all dressed in black. The sounds of the pain and anguish of the Labrynnans would melt the heart of even a demon in this moment. The blue warp portal phased into sight, distorting the air and launching out the forms of the Triforce Team into the crowd of people on the streets. They were given numerous looks, some confused, some unwelcoming.
“What has happened here?” Zelda asked an elderly woman with red hair.
“Who are you to be questioning us, when you are not even dressed properly for such an occasion? Have you no respect for the dead?” the woman asked.
“The…dead?” Zelda questioned slowly.
“You there, sir, can you tell me what is happening?” Ogre asked a man of around thirty years of age.
“A great loss, the passing of an era, and a family’s memory,” the man answered in a shaky tone.
“I’m gonna put an end to this confusion, right now,” Gogetta said in a determined voice. He looked just like his father, retaining the bull cut and the muscles. He wore blue saiya-jin pants, and brown combat boots. He had a black leather vest that was unfastened at all times, with no shirt underneath, and he wore black gloves, the fingers cut out.
“Gogetta don’t!” Zelda said in a low but stern tone.
“Mom, I can handle it,” Gogetta said with a smirk.
“Gogetta Prescott!” Zelda said loudly, several of the Labrynnans eyeing her. She was too late however, and her son ran into the middle of the street.
“Here ye, here ye! I am Gogetta, the prince of the kingdom of Hyrule! I ask to know, on behalf of all of the realms, what has befallen Labrynna?” Gogetta asked, thrusting his left hand into the air. Two soldiers in green armor stepped forward slowly, bowed, and then spoke in unison.
“Sir! Queen Ambi was assassinated sir!” the team was taken aback.
“Who did it?!” Ganondorf asked.
“We do not know sir!” the soldiers answered.
“What has become of the body?” Akullodorf asked.
“It is still in the castle sir!” the soldiers answered.
“Lead us to her,” Jet instructed.
“Sir yes sir!” the soldiers answered, marching slowly toward a stone staircase leading to a massive tower of black stone.
“It’s amazing…how disciplined these soldiers are,” Jet said to Zelda quietly, walking forward. The team followed.







The black tower they entered was as eerie and dark on the inside as it was on the outside. There were entire chambers dedicated to the rigorous training of the robot-like soldiers, and the floors were of the same polished black rock as the walls. There were no doors in any of the chambers, only black veils covering the doorways. The soldiers slowly drew aside the curtain to the royal throne room, and the Triforce Team entered.
Queen Ambi was in a dress of crimson, laying peacefully on a bed, no apparent wounds upon her body.
“She seems fine…what could have happened?” Ganondorf asked, confused.
“Poison sir!” the soldiers answered.
“Do you have any idea if Ambi had any enemies? People who would want her dead?” the executioner asked.
“The entire land was in love with the queen…even the animals would flock near to the tower to hear her majesty sing,” one of the soldiers said quietly, breaking from his loud routine of speech.
“Your Hylian Highness,” a soldier said at the doorway, hitting his left shoulder with his right closed fist and bowing quickly, the salute of the Labrynnans.
“Yes?” Jet asked, turning toward the soldier.
“You must come quickly sir, there’s been another death,” the soldier said, exiting the throne room quickly.
“Whoever this is doing all the damage, they sure don’t take a break, eh?” Jet asked, more to himself than anybody. He took one last look at the dead queen before leaving the chamber.
A Man With A Clue by BOEG




Chapter Two: A Man With A Clue









The members of the Triforce Team ran quickly to the area that the Labrynnan soldier led them, to an area of soil covered ground near to the ocean’s cold waters. There lay a body, bleeding from the throat, near to the collapsed structure of black rock that was once a tower in days long passed. Before the dead man was a figure in dark blue pants with a shirt and pointed hat similar to that of a witch about his head of the same color. On the very bottoms of his clothing there was a single stripe of red, the same color of his hair, that fell just below his eyes, which were a fierce green shade. He had a sword sheathed at his side.
“You! Stand!” Jet called out, unsheathing his sword and pointing it at the Labrynnan.
“Who are you to be giving orders to me?” the man asked.
“I am Jet, the king of Hyrule, and this is the Triforce Team,” Jet answered, glancing back at his comrades.
“Hmm…very well your highness,” the man said, standing. “My name is Ralph. After the death of Queen Ambi, I came looking for the next target, yet I found it too late. I have my suspicions, but…they cannot be right, so I will not waste my words on thoughts that hold no bearing on the future,” Ralph said.
“Hmm…so you have some clue as to who has been doing this then?” Kafei asked.
“Just a very crazy idea, and I only have that because of my friend…” Ralph answered.
“Who is your friend?” Gogetta asked.
“The Oracle of Ages, a woman named Nayru of course,” Impa answered, remembering the mission Zelda had sent her on so long ago to bring the oracle safely to Hyrule.
“Then we have to go there!” Jet said in a rushed tone.
“Why?” Ralph asked, somewhat confused at the urgency in the man’s voice.
“If this murderer is hunting out powerful figures, then your friend’ll be next,” Jet explained.
“But that man right there wasn’t of any importance to Labrynna as a whole,” Ralph argued.
“Is that a chance you’re really willing to take?” Jet asked.
“…it’s this way, but be quick, if what you say is true, then the enemy will find us and likely follow us,” Ralph said at length. The Triforce Team complied, following the Labrynnan through a man-made forest path. The team members broke aside branches while they traveled, though that was just one of the countless hazards. They were constantly tripping over roots, or brushing against thorns, and the amount of snakes in the forest was incredibly high for such a peaceful realm. At length they all came to a house in a clearing in the woods. There was a small pond next to the house, fish and frogs and even birds all around, enjoying the cool air let off by the waters. Ralph stood in front of the door, then spoke.
“I will tell the oracle of your arrival, wait here,” he instructed. The team agreed, and the Labrynnan slowly stepped into the house. After several moments he stepped back out, a woman of unmatched beauty in the realm behind him. Her hair fell to the middle of her back, and was a bright blue color. She had crystal blue eyes, and the most beautiful face that most in Labrynna had ever seen, rivaled only by Zelda. She wore a dress of blue, a cape of the same color latched around her neck.
“Oracle, there has been-,” Jet began.
“Murders as of late in Lynna City, is that what you have come to tell me?” Nayru asked.
“Yes, but-,” Jet was again cut off.
“But you also think that I may be a target?” Nayru questioned, a smile about her face.
“Yeah…” Jet answered, amazed at the woman’s knowledge.
“Mmm….I have seen it all in my dreams, and I have felt it in nature. The plants and the animals-,” Nayru was cut off.
“They are saddened…they feel energy leaving the realm from a malicious force, and they are filled with sadness and anger, because they can neither shed a tear nor help save lives,” Yoshimitsu finished for her.
“Hmmm….Yoshimitsu of the Manji clan…you are one with nature…” Nayru mused.
“Yes, ironic as a very small portion of my body is still natural,” Yoshimitsu said in a low tone.
“It matters not the size or amount as long as the use is great, and you Yoshimitsu, use your natural abilities to their full extent,” Nayru assured him.
“Now, of the matter at hand, do you have any clue who or what is committing these murders?” Jet asked.
“With the turning of Ganon and the defeat of Warrior Modeus I am left utterly clueless,” Nayru said.
“Don’t you have powers to see what is going on in this place though?” Ganondorf asked.
“There are two possibilities. The most likely is the murder is a corrupt citizen whose mind is not even powerful enough for me to sense. The second, much less likely choice would be we have an incredibly powerful being on our hands, who is able to mask its power, but with the death of evil in Hyrule died also the evil in Labrynna, so it can only be a Labrynnan,” Nayru said.
“Well…what happens when we find this guy?” Marth asked.
“I’m afraid we’re left with no choice but to eradicate the threat in all manners of the word, from physical to spiritual, to ensure no hostile presence is still drifting along the currents of time after the deed has been done,” Nayru answered.
“In other words, we do some slice n’ dice, you know, the usual,” Samson answered. The boy had grown much taller, his hair exactly the same as before, but his voice now very deep. When he spoke, people listened, now no exception.
“My favorite wouldn’t ya’ know it,” Gogetta said with a slight smirk.
“Speaking of clouded lives…I see with you one less than there should be,” Nayru said slowly.
“If you’re talking about my dad…then he was killed several years ago by the Dark Sage of the Forest,” Link II said, stepping forward. He wore Kokiri boots, his father’s red mail still about him, red saiya-jin training pants and a long sleeved shirt of the same color and fabric about him. He wore a red hat just like his dad’s, and had a pair of silver gauntlets about his wrists, the magical sword of Hylian lore sheathed behind his back. He had grown into what was near enough to an exact twin of his father, and he took pride in his heritage.
“Link….” Nayru said in disbelief, covering her face as tears slowly fell to the ground.
“You knew him?” Goku asked.
“Of course she did! He was the Hero of Time! The fabled man of Hylian legend! He came here and destroyed Veran the Sorceress of Shadows, freeing the Oracle of Ages and then destroying the scourge of the world Ganon!” Ralph said angrily.
“Scourge….?” Ganondorf asked.
“Yes! I cannot believe you are even with this group of people after all you’ve done! I only pity the fact you are now on this team because it takes away my ability to strike you down myself!” Ralph answered. Ganondorf stepped back, a hurt and thoughtful look on his face.
“Stifle yourself! You don’t think he regrets what he did?!” Akullodorf asked, stepping forward.
“Regret does not give people lives! It doesn’t give hope to families! If it wasn’t for Ganon none of this would have happened, and Link would still be alive!” Ralph yelled.
“You weren’t there! Ganon had nothing to do with the release of the Dark Sages, it was all an act of my grandpa!” Link II yelled, suddenly joining into the argument.
“But it was Ganon who aided in the battle, am I right? Of course I am. Without even being there I know what happened,” Ralph said.
“You know nothing! You know not what it is to lose!” Kazuya yelled, angered.
“Ha, and I believe you Kazuya Mishima?! We have heard of you, and you have little room to talk, Hell Lord,” Ralph said.
“How dare you speak to my father that way!” Jin yelled.
“Jin, calm down, he can handle himself,” Samson said.
“Shut up, don’t but into things,” Jin yelled.
“And don’t talk to him like that!” Gogetta yelled.
“You can shut up too!” Jin yelled.
“Fuck you!” Gogetta said, angered.
“Don’t swear, especially not in a place like this!” Jet yelled.
“He probably it from you,” Zelda said.
“What’s that supposed to mean?” Jet asked.
“That you talk like a sailor,” Goku said.
“Well jee, that means a lot coming from you, who can’t even drive a car!” Jet yelled.
“What does driving a car mean when you can fly?” Goku asked.
“I can drive!” Trunks piped in.
“Shut up!” Goku and Jet both yelled in unison. Nayru slowly sat down upon the stairs of her porch watching all of this. She put her head in her hands and did the only thing she could think to do: sob. The Hero of Time was one of her greatest allies, and he was gone. Not only that, but the entire group of people before her were fighting, one of the things she hated more than anything.
“Ugh, all of you shut up,” Akullodorf said. No one listened.
“All of you shut up!!!” he yelled at the top of his lungs, so loud that the birds ascended from the trees in fright. In this moment all looked at Nayru, tears streaming from her face. The icon of hope and faith in Labrynna, reduced to tears. Akullodorf sat next to her slowly, patting her on the back and speaking.
“It’s okay. We all took his passing hard, but as long as we hold onto his beliefs, and what he fought for, then all is fine,” Akullodorf said in as caring a tone as he could muster. Nayru looked up at him slowly, her gaze meeting his, and for a second, Akullodorf’s world seemed to disappear. He couldn’t say it was a good feeling, but it was what he felt. He looked away quickly, then stood.
“Akullodorf…you have the Master sword,” Nayru said slowly.
“Yes, I also have the Triforce of Courage. These tools I took to uphold the Hero of Time’s legacy,” Akullodorf answered.
“Now…what are we gonna do about these mur-,” Jet began.
“Shh! Quiet!” Ralph ordered. All were silent, but heard not a thing. With lightning fast speed Ralph unsheathed his blade and held it in front of Nayru, but it was too late. The arrow he had heard from miles away had gone faster than he, and his blade caught not the shaft of the weapon, but air. Eyes focused on the ground he slowly turned around, almost terrified to see what he knew he would. He slowly looked to Nayru, and was then shocked.
On either side of the Oracle of Ages was one half of an arrow, and in front of her was a long blade with a blue streak running up the metal, a hand guard of the same color on the hilt.
“Perhaps I am not as helpless as you would like to think Ralph?” Nayru asked, smiling brightly.
“Perhaps…not,” Ralph said, amazed.
“On any count, it’s a safe bet to assume that whoever is committing these murders made that attempt, and due to the failure, they’ll try again,” Jet said.
“What do you propose we do then your highness?” Nayru asked.
“I think we should leave the forest as quickly as possible and pick a course of action from there,” Jet answered.
“Very well, lead the way,” Nayru said.
“Oh, and for the record, you and Ralph are on the team, at least until this is all over. You’ve got incredible skills,” Jet said with a smile the duo nodded, and the team slowly headed out of the forest.
The Passing of a Spirit by BOEG





Chapter Three: The Passing of a Spirit









Out of the forest they all continued to walk, further and further away from the spot where the arrow had been shot. The Triforce Team had a skilled assassin on their hands, and it needed to be killed, and soon. None feared for their lives, even if this assassin was to harm them, for they had learned the art of healing and self preservation quite well in the years past. After some amount of time and a rather large distance traveled, the team came to a stop in an area covered in orange sand.
The ocean’s waters gently beat against the ground, and the cry of gulls could be heard far off in the distance. Their voices sounded sad, likely a result of the loss of lives as of late. The team had the same dark feeling on their hearts, knowing that people were suffering and they were failing to stop it. It was their job, their reason above all else to live. And they felt they were failing.
“Hey, check it out,” Trunks said after a long silence, pointing out to the horizon. Just barely visible was a black shape, a large pirate ship. It was heading away from the shore.
“So what?” Impa asked.
“I dunno…what do you guys make of it?” Trunks asked.
“I think we have more important things to deal with right now,” Samus said, not even bothering to look.
“Ah…if only the goddesses would intervene a little more often,” Zelda said, almost to herself.
“That reminds me…Nayru, you’re named after one of Hyrule’s goddesses,” Jet said.
“Yes, all of the Oracles are,” Nayru said.
“Other Oracles?” Goku asked, standing.
“Yes…I am the Oracle of Ages. Din from Holodrum is the Oracle of Seasons, and Farore from Koholint Island is the Oracle of Secrets,” Nayru explained.
“Those three realms are linked then?” Impa asked.
“Yes, if one travels along the ocean in Holodrum, they will end up in Koholint by and by, even though it is a completely different planet. The same goes for Labrynna,” Nayru answered.
“I’ve heard about that before…wormholes…invisible spots that can transport you over any amount of distance and through any amount of time either forward or backward,” Kazuya said.
“Where have you heard about that?” Gogetta asked, still impressed by the man’s knowledge to this day.
“You know the Bermuda Triangle on Earth? All of the ships that just disappear, never to be heard from again? Wormholes my friend, wormholes,” Kazuya answered.
“How do you know what they are?” Samson asked.
“Because it was the Mishima conglomerate that was responsible for making the wormholes in the first place. My grandfather Jinpachi Mishima created the first Wormhole weapons. He thought they’d be of unmatched value in warfare. Of course, my father took over, and all of Jinpachi’s experiments were put aside,” Kazuya answered.
“Amazing…” Gogetta said, eyes fixed on the ground.
“Wait, that reminds me…I thought all the Oracles had to be like…right next to each other to unleash the full potential of their power. That would have been necessary to defeat Ganon when he invaded. But you said Farore was in Koholint island, so…how does that work?” Jet asked.
“At the time, Farore lived and worked in the Great Maku tree,” Nayru answered.
“The Great Maku tree? Like the Deku tree was in Hyrule? An all knowing all powerful spirit?” Jet asked.
“Yes,” Nayru answered.
“Then let’s go see him! He’ll know what to do!” Jet asked.
“To begin with, he is a her, and second off, no one has made it past the cave to see her lately. All who enter the Maku tree Pass come running back out the entrance, wounded to a near fatal point,” Ralph said.
“Fine. Then we’ll go to see her. Do we look like the type to get wounded and run out any entrances?” Link II asked, a smirk on his face.
“You are either suicidal…or stupid,” Ralph said. The team headed toward Lynna City once more, speaking no more words, focusing only on the task ahead.







In the middle of Lynna City was the wooden barrier reinforced with metal. The thin wall the only obstruction keeping them from the Great Maku tree. Directly to the left of the gate however, was a black cave cut into the wall of stone. This was the Maku tree Pass. Quite apparently in the recent days this area had been overrun with some sort of danger, although the ones who escaped spoke not of it, almost as if they were paralyzed by an unnatural fear.
“So…this is it huh?” Jin asked, cracking his neck.
“Don’t shrug it off so lightly, the best soldiers in Queen Ambi’s army came running from this cave, screaming like children who had just seen a Ghini,” Ralph said in a slightly annoyed tone.
“We don’t doubt it. But that’s the difference between us and them. We don’t run. Ghinis run from us. Us damnit!” Captain Falcon said, his gloved fist raised in the air proudly.
“Was anyone else moved by that speech? No? Damn…work on it some more, Falcon, it’ll come to ya’. In the meantime, why don’t we see for ourselves just what’s in the big spooky cave,” Lord Deimos suggested, unsheathing his All-Seeing blade and readying the Mace of Tannis in his other hand.
“Tch, fine,” Captain Falcon said sarcastically, removing the safety from his pistol. The rest of the team followed, readying their weapons and heading into the cave. The interior was much unchanged from the time Link had first entered so many years ago. The ground was still covered with stones and dirt and broken glass, and it was still dark as night. To the east there was a door of stone, which Lord Deimos promptly opened, and the team slowly filed through. The room they entered was similar to the last except there were now four doors, one on either wall.
“Any ideas Nayru?” Akullodorf asked.
“No…I’m afraid I’m as lost as the rest of you,” Nayru answered in a low tone.
“Okay, that settles it. Let’s just turn around right now. The Oracle doesn’t even know where we’re going,” Ogre said in a hopeless voice.
“No…when in doubt…head north,” Jet said.
“Where did you get something stupid like that?” Roy asked.
“I figure the northern star always leads people home, so maybe the northern door will lead us to the Maku tree?” Jet answered.
“You’re the leader,” Roy said.
“North it is,” Jet confirmed, walking forward. A torch suddenly fell from the ceiling, lit ablaze, casting the room in a light. Dark voices were heard, and out from the three doors came six armored Darknuts each, massive jagged toothed blades in one hand, lit Maku sticks in the other.
“This is gonna be a toughie,” Shinota said with a sigh.
“Let’s do it,” Goku said. And with that, the team ran forward. The first Darknut reared his blade back, then delivered a massive vertical slash. Marth and Trunks just barely leapt out of the way of the large sword, then delivered attacks of their own. Trunks charged his blade full of saiya-jin power, thrusting his blade upward in a diagonal fashion. The breastplate of the demonic knight fell to the ground in two pieces and burst into a cloud of purple smoke. Marth attacked now, moving his blade in five swift arcs, then turning away from the creature. Within seconds, the Darknut’s torso was separated from its head, legs, and arms, the bloody body parts all bursting into green flame.
“Kame Hame Ha!!!” Goku yelled, blasting the next two Darknut with the powerful Ki attack. Their armor was instantly blown away, and Samus quickly dispatched them with her Plasma beam, the burning carcasses falling to the floor then combusting in regular fashion. Angered, the remaining three Darknuts from the western door began to march forward, rearing their blades back and slicing to the left in exact time to each other. The executioner, Yoshimitsu, and Samson were immediately on the ground, bleeding.
“Mystic Ice Attack!!!” Kafei yelled, freezing the three Darknuts.
“Mystic Fire Attack!!!” Shinota yelled, firing at the same three Darknuts, the ice melting as their dead forms fell to the ground and exploded.
“Heh, six down, twelve to go,” Dregan noted.
“I think the odds are in our favor,” Ganondorf said, running forward to the next six. He charged the energy of the Triforce of Power into his mighty sword, decapitating one and greatly wounding a second. Zelda finished the job, launching needles into the Darknut’s chest.
Dregan and the executioner stepped forward, launching decapitated heads and lost souls at the Darknuts, killing two more. Angered, one of the last Darknuts launched his blade with full force. It flew through the air quickly, piercing the chest of Dregan. The zombie pushed the hilt the rest of the way through his chest.
“That’s incredibly annoying,” he said with a smirk. Roy dashed forward, slicing the throats of the last two Darknuts from the eastern door. They were close now. Six Darknuts left to defeat. Akullodorf ran at the six Darknuts, each clad in red armor, signifying their rank in the armor; the highest. He slashed at one, the Darknut raising its fist, the blade just barely scathing its hand. He backed away, stabbing at the third, the blade penetrating the armor, blue blood spilling onto the ground. The Darknut angrily grabbed onto the blade, determined to keep the Gerudo from piercing his flesh any more. Akullodorf pushed with all of his might, and angrily the Darknut let go of the blade. Akullodorf pushed it through the knight’s chest, but it retaliated, pummeling the Gerudo king’s arm hard, cracking the bone. Akullodorf just barely retrieved his blade before the first Darknut he had wounded grabbed him and flung him against a nearby wall.
Kazuya and Jin now ran ahead. Kazuya delivered a roundhouse kick to the first Darknut, but the knight caught his leg, lifting him into the air then slamming him down, his leg cracking from the pressure. He stood slowly, in extreme pain, then let out a punch. The Darknut blocked the attack and countered with a heavy blow to Kazuya’s head. He hit the ground yet again and struggled to his feet again, now bleeding from the forehead, his sunglasses broken. The Darknut laughed menacingly.
“Heh heh heh heh….you think that’s funny eh?” Kazuya asked.
“Kweh heh heh heh,” the Darknut roared out in response.
“Hahahaha, you think that’s funny eh?” Kazuya asked once more.
“Yento, yento, ha ha ha,” the Darknut answered, still laughing.
“Heh heh heh….hilarious!” Kazuya screamed, kneeing the Darknut in the chest with such force that he dented the knight’s breastplate. The Darknut lurched forward in surprise gasping for breath. Kazuya quickly got the creature in a headlock, then with a single motion, snapped its neck.
“Pathetic moron,” Kazuya said, his eyes shining a dim yellow color. Jin kicked the next Darknut in the face several times, then aimed a chop at its neck. The Darknut caught Jin’s fist, cracking his arm and then punching him in the face. He backed away several feet then started running toward the Darknut, screaming in an inhumanly dark tone. He ran his head into the Darknut, knocking the knight back against the stone wall.
“Take your shot!!!” Jin yelled in a demonic tone. Instantly Captain Falcon, Samus, and Goku were on the Darknut, blasting it with everything they had. In second its dead form fell to the ground, broken off sections of wall crumbling overtop the corpse.
“Well? Who’s next?!” Kazuya yelled. The Darknuts looked at each other for a few seconds, then ran toward the Triforce Team, yelling angrily. The third Darknut in line ran at Ralph, who stepped to the side and impaled the already dying knight upon his blade. Impa sliced the throat of the next, Nayru finishing the job by stabbing the knight in the chest. The final Darknut backed against the wall, eyeing all of his opponents and trying to map out the most intelligent course of action.
“Tetraforce Power!!!!” Jet yelled, pummeling the knight with his golden light, the energy of the sacred triangle piercing the creature’s armor and flesh. It fell to the ground, burning hole in its chest, bursting into flame without another grunt.
“Well, at the very least…this grants us some light. That’s eighteen torches we have, so uh…eighteen people, come and get ‘em,” Jet instructed before heading into the northern door.
On the other side of the door they saw what they were searching for: a cave exit. The team walked forward quickly, eager to seek the counsel of the Maku tree. They reached the middle of the room and were again stopped however. A dim light shone from the top of the room and slowly descended, growing darker as it traveled, until it became engulfed in black, and only shone around the very edges. A cold voice entered the heads of everyone standing in the room in this moment.
“Why are you here?” it asked.
“We need to see the Great Maku tree,” Jet answered aloud.
“This place no longer belongs to the tree, foolish Earthling. It belongs to us,” the voice answered.
“And just…what are you?” Jet asked.
“That is none of your business,” the voice answered.
“You! You committed the murders didn’t you?!” Jet asked, unsheathing his blade and pointing it toward the light.
“Ha ha ha….you must know how ridiculous you look pointing a sword at a beam of light,” the voice roared out happily.
“Answer me!” Jet yelled.
“You are not in the position to give us questions mortal,” the voice said in a calm yet obviously angered tone.
“…” Jet was silent, trying to piece anything together in his head to no avail.
“But to answer your question so you don’t die from thinking too hard…we would not waste our energy meddling in such…mortal affairs as death. It is so far beyond us,” the voice answered.
“We need to see the Maku tree,” Jet said again in a stern tone.
“I don’t care. I told you, this place no longer belongs to that tree. It is ours,” the voice answered.
“What do you need this place for anyway?” Jet asked.
“To gain strength. Many have died here…we feed off their lingering spirits…just as we will feed off of yours,” the voice answered. And just as soon as the dark voice had finished speaking, the shadow’s physical form was made apparent: it was a ball of Dark Matter. The entire Triforce Team instantly bolted toward the cave at the opposite end of the room, the Dark Matter tentacles bursting forth from the sphere of shadow, grabbing and clawing at the team members, tearing their clothing and skin aside, piercing their flesh and tripping or flinging them around. They all continued to run however, and after much toil and hardship, they all made it out of the cave, confused, hurt, and tired.
The entire team was instantly overcome by a feeling of dread, and sorrow when they saw what awaited them in the Maku tree’s clearing. The once peaceful calm tree was now diseased, the bark stained black, gnarled branches reaching outward. Evil voices cried out from inside the tree, demonic and dark in sound, deep in tone.
“Get out of here, or you will die….!” The Maku tree cried out in several different voices, branches and roots lashing out at the team members. Samson speared one of the roots down, black blood spilling from the tree, the dark voice crying out in agony.
“We can’t just leave you like this!” Ralph protested.
“Correct! Kill me!” the Maku tree yelled, for a moment returning to its soft, caring voice.
“But we-,” Ralph protested.
“Just do it! We don’t have time to argue! She’ll destroy Lynna City otherwise!” Jet yelled.
“Mystic Fire Attack!!!” Shinota yelled, blasting the tree with the flaming energy. The tree was lit ablaze, and the cries of pain and agony were loud, an odd green smoke rising into the air.
“Follow….the…….ship,” the Maku tree said with its dying breath. The gate opened, and the team headed out quickly, relieved to have made it out of the cave alive.
“What….now?” Yoshimitsu asked.
“Now…we head for the sea. Apparently that pirate ship belonged to our murderer…and if I know anything about important figures, its next target will be King Zora of the Water realm,” Jet said.
“But that ship is half way across the ocean, we’d need a motorboat to catch up,” Jin said hopelessly.
“I may know someone who can help us out with that…..come on!” Ralph said, running quickly out of the city. The team followed.
A Rescue Attempt At Sea by BOEG
Chapter Four: A Rescue Attempt at Sea









With as much haste as they all could muster after the ordeal in the Maku Tree’s Pass, the Triforce Team headed toward the ocean. They ran past the still crowded streets of Lynna City, the Labrynnans giving them confused looks, some bewildered, others angered at the amount of disrespect they were showing to the late Queen Ambi. All was once again well however when the townsfolk noticed the Oracle of Ages and the Queen of Hyrule among the group, the beautiful women among the last shining beacons of hope in the realm.
The team stopped dead in their tracks, all out of breath, and without much sense of direction. Ralph was the obvious leader of the venture, knowing the world like the back of his hand. He however was worn out as well, his face flushed and his clothing drenched in sweat.
“We’ll never get across in time. We need someone to go ahead and find the ship,” Nayru said.
“But how, you’d need to be able to fly in order to catch up with that ship before it hit the Zoran domain,” Ralph said, not a trace of hope in his words.
“Heh, that would be where we come in,” Gogetta said with a smile, stepping forward.
“You possess the gift of flight your highness?” Ralph asked, eyeing the teen up and down suspiciously.
“Yeah. My dad taught me. I have saiya-jin blood,” Gogetta answered.
“Hmm…at any rate you can’t go alone. This murderer must be very dangerous,” Ralph said.
“But I can handle it! I can nearly go super saiya-jin, and I can fight anyway,” Gogetta argued.
“Gogetta…he’s right. We have no idea who committed these crimes. There could be a powerful agent at work. I sense a certain darkness, not a powerful force, but a dark one nonetheless. The evil inside of the Maku Tree’s Pass was much worse than this feeling, yet any form of darkness can prove lethal, and should be treated as such. Someone needs to go with you,” Zelda said.
“Hmmm….yeah, you’re prolly right. But who’s gonna go with me, mom?” Gogetta asked.
“I will,” Ogre said.
“Hmm…should there be a third?” Shinota asked.
“Stealth is key, so if there is a third, then it must be one well able to blend into shadow,” Nayru said.
“In that case, I will travel with Gogetta as well,” Ganondorf said.
“Alrighty then. We’re all headed for the pirate ship. We’ll try to figure out what’s goin’ on, and stall ‘em up a little,” Gogetta said.
“Right. You’ll know when we’re comin’,” Jet said.
“How?” Ogre questioned.
“…trust us. I’m sure we’ll come up with something,” Kazuya said with a smirk. The three warriors flew off into the dark sky, ready to board the pirate ship as secretively as possible.
“Now, how’re we gonna get on?” Shinota asked.
“We need to keep going. There’s a house by the ocean very close to here. There’s a Labrynnan who lives there who may be able to help us. I’ve heard he’s been doing many different studies lately, and a motor is almost definitely one of those things he’s experimenting with,” Ralph answered, standing.
“Alright. Let’s try to make up for the amount of time we lost, huh?” Dregan said. The team began to sprint once more toward the ocean.







Through the dark skies the three traveled, cutting through the black rain clouds and over the even blacker seas. They were flying as fast as they could, already bordering on exhaustion, but it mattered not. They had to keep going, bad as the conditions were. It was nowhere close to nightfall, but not a trace of sunshine cut through the thick barrier of dark clouds, and it was apparent that a storm was brewing, something not good when in the middle of the massive Labrynnan sea.
Not even the gulls dared to travel in this dark silence, for they too could feel that it was the calm before the storm. It was so black all around that the three men would not have noticed the equally black pirate ship traveling swiftly through the sea was it not for the tell tale red sail hung high into the air. They all slowed down, hovering just behind the massive ship.
“Where should we enter at?” Gogetta asked, looking for any obvious way into the ship.
“Hmm…not a clue. But we need to decide quick before someone in the crow’s nest sees us,” Ogre answered.
“There’s no choice, we need to go onto the deck,” Gogetta said.
“Are you crazy? We’ll be surrounded by the crew before we know what hit us,” Ogre argued.
“Hmm…we can take care of that if we need to. There is a killer on the loose, and our top priority is to take him out. This crew should be expendable,” Ganondorf said.
“Right. If they start somethin’ we’ll just have to finish it. Let’s go!” Gogetta said, the same excited look in his eyes that his father had so long ago. The three flew onto the deck of the ship without further argument. They drew their weapons and stood at the ready, back to back, prepared for an assault.
“Squeeepeep!!!!” cried a shrill voice loudly. From the front of the ship hopped a small Deku Scrub with a black cape and an eye patch. There was a scar on the top of his snout, and he stood ready to fight, despite trembling at the sight of the warriors.
“Who are you?” Gogetta asked, pointing his chakram toward the Deku Scrub.
“I am Kevin Armstrong, captain of this fine ship for the time being. And you, my intrusive intruders who have intruded upon my ship?” Captain Armstrong questioned.
“My name is Ogre,” Ogre answered darkly.
“And I’m Gogetta, the prince of Hyrule,” he answered, stepping forward.
“What about the third, or is he too scared to face the might of the Captain Armstrong the Scourge of the Seas?” Captain Armstrong questioned.
“I am in no way frightened,” Ganondorf answered, stepping forward and facing the Deku Scrub.
“Ahh!!! M-m-master…y-you are traveling with this group?” the Deku Scrub asked in terror at the sight of Ganon.
“Of course I am. I am taking them onboard as slaves,” Ganondorf answered.
“O-of course. How could I doubt you my lord? Is anything I can do for you?” Captain Armstrong questioned.
“Yes. I relieve you of your duty. Take a lifeboat and head back to your own crew, tell them that Lord Mandrag sent you,” Ganondorf ordered.
“Yes master!” the Deku Scrub said happily, bouncing away from the main deck.
“What was that all about?” Ogre asked.
“I’m not quite sure. The Deku Scrubs served me for a time in the Temple of Darkness hidden in the Lost Woods, but only when…” Ganondorf’s voice trailed off and a dark look entered his face, darker than usual.
“When what?” Gogetta asked.
“I too now have a suspicion as to who may be responsible for the murders…but I will hold my tongue until I know for sure. At any rate, we now control the ship, and I shall make my first action as captain to be dropping anchor,” Ganondorf said. He quickly ran to the back of the deck, opening what looked to be a maintenance closet, finding the anchor and dropping it to the ocean floor with haste.
“Now what?” Gogetta asked.
“Now we wait for the others and hope we don’t have to make anyone walk the plank,” Ogre said, eyeing the door to the areas below deck cautiously.







They came at last to the wooden house that Ralph spoke of. It rose out of the ocean on a metal frame, and the door was wide open, the scent of sawdust hanging strong. A man seated at a wooden desk heard the travelers step inside of his workshop, and he stood slowly, turning to face them. He wore a red hat and a blue vest, with tattered red shorts and a pair of leather boots. Both of his hands were bound in bandages, and out of his left hand stuck three nails, points out. His hair was black, hanging down below his hazel eyes. Jet stepped forward.
“Hello, I’m the King of Hyrule, my name is Jet. This is my team of fighters. We’re hunting the murderer in Labrynna, and we believe he’s onboard a pirate ship. We ask you to lend us your quickest ship,” Jet said, getting straight to the heart of the matter.
“Ah, welcome your highness. My name is Rafton, the best shipbuilder and captain in all of Labrynna! My fastest ship is a motorboat parked out back, but…there’s a problem,” Rafton said with a dismayed expression.
“What’s that?” Jet asked, arms crossed.
“There’s no way it’ll carry all of you,” Rafton answered.
“How many can fit?” Samus asked.
“Ten, nine since I have to steer,” Rafton answered.
“Hmm…I’m going,” Jet said.
“Me too,” Shinota said, eager for action.
“As will I,” Akullodorf said.
“So will I,” Zelda said.
“Me too,” Impa said.
“And I will,” Link II said.
“I’ll go,” Samson said.
“And I’ll go,” Jin said.
“But what about Ralph and I?” Nayru asked.
“You have to stay here Oracle. If the murderer is on board that ship…you’d be his first target. And Ralph must protect you,” Impa answered.
“Very well,” Nayru said in a disappointed voice.
“Let’s go. We don’t have much time before that ship reaches the Zoran kingdom if what you say is true,” Rafton said, dashing out the back door of the house. The nine team members followed.







The wooden doors to the deck were thrust open hastily, and out of the darkness of the massive black pirate ship came three forms in black robes, moving slowly yet swiftly, seeming to be one with the air. The three men were still armed, weapons ready.
“What are you doing here you three?” the first figure ask, the whispered words surprisingly loud.
“I’m here to deliver these two prisoners,” Ganondorf answered.
“Bullshit. Now what do you really wish to accomplish?” the second asked.
“I have already told you,” Ganondorf answered.
“Our lord has no dealings with one who is no longer of the shadow, Ganon,” the first figure said again.
“And just who is your lord?” Gogetta asked.
“You will never know,” the third answered in a loud, raspy voice. They each drew long blades of silver, dashing at the three warriors.
“That’s one for each of us!” Ogre said happily, rushing toward the figure approaching him. The figure slashed at Ogre, who blocked with his golden shield, forcing the blade back, rearing his free fist back and punching the hooded man hard in the face. There was a loud crack, and out from the hood rolled a skull, bursting into green flame. The rest of the robed body fell to the deck in a crumpled mess, exploding into flame as well seconds later.
“They’re Shrouded Stalfos!” Gogetta yelled, parrying several blows with his chakram and slitting the throat of the Shrouded Stalfos attacking him.
“Please tell me you aren’t the elite bodyguards of the killer,” Ogre said.
“We are the messengers,” the Shrouded Stalfos said angrily, turning and running toward the door to the lower deck to bring tidings to his master.
“Triforce of Power!” Ganondorf yelled, blasting the golden light into the Shrouded Stalfos’ back, its body blown to flaming pieces.
“What do you make of that?” Ogre asked.
“I don’t know…it doesn’t mesh with my suspicions…things are moving in a very weird direction,” Ganondorf said darkly.







The motorboat Rafton had constructed moved much quicker than most on Earth, and it cut swiftly through the black waters, heading toward the pirate ship as fast as possible. The nine seated there on the boat had to brace themselves to keep from being flung to the water with each sharp turn the boat made, and a few were growing sea-sick, Zelda among them.
Within what seemed like mere minutes, the shape of the pirate ship became visible, but something was different. It wasn’t moving. None on the boat knew what, but they knew that Gogetta and the others must have done something. They only hoped the three were still safe.
At length they came to the pirate ship, Rafton killing the motor and standing. He strapped a belt around his waist, a pack of sharp nails and two hammers hooked to the belt, along with several knives and a sharpened wooden stake. Jet eyed the Labrynnan up and down.
“You know how to use those?” Jet asked.
“Yes, I had to learn to fight from a young age. People came from all over to try and steal my boats. My hands are more than a little dirty with the blood of thieves,” Rafton answered.
“What’s your view on evil? Ya’ know…true, uncaring, ruthless, evil?” Jet asked.
“My opinion is that the world will stay dormant, never improving until it’s gone,” Rafton answered.
“Man….okay, how would you like to leave your life in Labrynna and join the Triforce Team with us? you’ve got a ton of potential,” Jet said.
“…could I?” Rafton asked, excited.
“Yeah, of course,” Jet answered.
“I’d love to!” Rafton said happily.
“That settles it. You’re on,” Jet said happily.
“Hey you guys! I’m lowering the ladder now!” Gogetta called down to the motorboat, aware of their presence. All on the boat were relieved to hear the voice of Gogetta, and they hastily climbed the rope ladder hung before them, greeting the three Triforce Team members standing before them happily.
“Did you guys learn anything?” Link II asked.
“Yes…whoever our mystery murderer is….he has the allegiance of both the Stalfos and the Deku Scrubs,” Ganondorf answered.
“What does that mean?” Samson asked.
“It means that I have no clue what’s happening anymore,” Ganondorf answered.
“At any rate, now that you all are here, let’s head below deck and solve this mystery once and for all!” Ogre said.
“Right! Everyone! Ready your weapons!” Jet called out, unsheathing his sword and heading toward the door that led into the shadow below deck. There were several old, creaking stairs leading down into the lower deck. Jet walked forward slowly, the Triforce Team behind him. The hallway they entered had two doors on either side, and one long hallway in the center in front of the stairs.
“What direction should we take?” Akullodorf asked.
“Forget the side doors I say, and head straight, into the heart of the ship. That’s where the leader’s bound to be,” Impa said.
“Okay, not a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all,” Jet said quietly, heading straight. They all tried to remain as silent as possible, going very slowly, each small footstep they took bringing them closer and closer to the open doorway where the killer was bound to be. They were just mere feet from the open door now, and with a single step, there was a loud creaking, and a sudden crack, and instantly, there were three skeletal forms upon them. The two to the side of the figure in the middle wore blue bandanas and had red and white striped shirts, with tattered shorts of blue, large metal swords in their bony hands. The third stood near to seven feet in height, and wore a long black coat with golden buttons and a three cornered hat, a silver emblem upon it. He wore also leather gloves, and there was a long curved golden handled blade sheathed at his side. He looked down upon the Triforce Team, arms crossed, then spoke.
“Who are all of you and what is your business upon this ship?” he asked.
“A question you should be answering,” Rafton said angrily.
“Silence craft worker. Who are you all, and what do you want on my vessel?” he asked again.
“My name is Jet, I’m the leader of this Triforce Team and the king of Hyrule. Are you the one responsible for the recent murders?” Jet asked.
“I will tell you nothing of the operations of this ship for it is none of your business to know,” he answered.
“Well then, d’ya think ya’ can at least grace us with your name?” Gogetta asked.
“My name is Lieor Kellerhigh, but I am better known as Captain Shuruto,” Lieor answered.
“Shuruto comes from Shurutoken right?” Impa asked.
“Why, aren’t we educated in the ways of the sea. A rarity for one such as you….my Sheikan lady,” Captain Shuruto said.
“Why name yourself after a Dark Sage?” Jet asked in disgust.
“Shurutoken was the terror of the seas! His name made people tremble in Hyrule! Even his legend here terrifies people to the point where they must sleep with a candle at their bed! That is my desire, to become as renowned as that,” Captain Shuruto answered.
“Yet you’re protecting a murderer who’s more powerful than you? Where is the skill and power in that? You’re scared, right?” Zelda asked.
“You will die for those words! Pecklo, Sagatos, kill them!” Captain Shuruto said to his two crewmates. They dashed forward quickly, ready for battle. Pecklo, the younger of the two, ran headfirst into the middle of the team, swirling his blade around with a quickness rarely seen among the ranks of seasoned pirates. The might of the Triforce Team was quickly being put to the test in these close quarters, combating a quick and fiendish opponent such as this. Akullodorf finally drew the first blood, cutting the Stalfos pirate in the leg, blue blood oozing from the wound and onto the wooden deck below.
Pecklo angrily countered with a fierce head butt, knocking Akullodorf back against a wall, the impact shaking a candle hanging from above. Akullodorf noted the light, then ran back into the thick of combat. The flashing of blades and the sound of shuffling feet attempting to evade attack went on for several more moments, but then the Triforce Team gained the decisive edge. Impa threw a Deku nut to the ground, the flash blinding the two pirates. In a moment Pecklo had been impaled with at least four blades, and Sagatos head was separated from his neck.
“What are you going to do now captain?” Jet asked.
“Now you will all die!” Captain Shuruto yelled, unsheathing his blade. He ran at the Triforce Team, moving his sword swiftly to the left, every single fighter in the deck hit. Captain Shuruto laughed menacingly, brining his blade down upon Jin, who had fallen to the ground. He quickly rolled backward and to a standing stance, lunging forward and punching the Stalfos captain in the face. Angrily, Shuruto aimed a stab at the human, but Ogre dashed in front of Jin in the last moment, parrying the stab with his shield and kicking Shuruto in the chest. He backed away, then spun back around, delivering another swift cut from his large blade.
This time most parried the blow with their own weaponry except for Impa, who wore a breastplate anyway. Rafton, readying two metal hammers, ran to the captain of the black boat, beating him in the skull with the first and digging the claw of the second into his chest. He yelled loudly, kneeing Rafton in the chest and then punching him in the face, the blow sending him to the ground. Akullodorf appeared over the Labrynnan, helping him up and only nodding. He ran at Captain Shuruto, blade of evil’s bane in hand.
He stabbed the captain through the chest, removing the blade and wiping it clean of blue blood, a grim smile upon his face. Captain Shuruto clutched his profusely bleeding chest with one hand, and with the other punched Akullodorf in the stomach, the Gerudo backing against a wall. Shuruto reached into his black coat, and pulled out a long pistol, not even hesitating before shooting, the bullet piercing Akullodorf’s chest with a piercing flash. Blood spilled from his chest and mouth, a shocked look on his face. He slid down the wall of the deck and onto the floor, a stain of blood on the wall. All in the team were shocked, not even able to speak.
“What do you have to say now?” Captain Shuruto asked, tucking the empty gun back into his coat.
“I have to tell you…that evil will never be enough to win…and you’ve picked the wrong side……Triforce of Courage!!!!” Akullodorf yelled, aiming up at the large chandelier lined with candles on above him. It fell to the ground, lighting the lower deck on fire along with the Captain of the black ship.
“Akullodorf! You idiot! You’re gonna die!” Jet yelled.
“Just leave!” Akullodorf yelled. Jet nodded, and the team slowly departed for Rafton’s ship, the black ship left to burn in the empty ocean.








Night was almost upon Labrynna, and rain had began to fall from the black clouds in the sky. The team (accompanied by Akullodorf, who had escaped by blasting a hole through the burning wall of the black ship) met up with the rest of the eager team on land. Akullodorf was currently unconscious, but he would live, thanks to the relatively poor aim of the captain.
“We took out the ship! That means we must have gotten the murderer,” Gogetta said in an excited voice.
“Akullodorf!” Nayru yelled in shock, tears welling up in her eyes.
“Nayru,” Shinota said quietly.
“What happened to him?! Is he okay?!” she asked.
“Yeah….he’ll be fine,” Shinota answered.
“You guys…don’t celebrate just yet…King Zora is dead,” Ralph said, a piece of paper in his hand, signed in Black Beyuntanian.
A Murderer Uncovered by BOEG


Chapter Five: A Murderer Uncovered









“What are we going to do now?” Zelda asked in a rather worried tone.
“We need to go after the killer before he gets to anyone else. If the mayor of this city dies, or the chief of the gorons…” Ralph’s voice trailed off.
“And this guy knows his stuff too. He wouldn’t hesitate to frame someone else and possibly start a war. Violence seems to be his only motivation, so I certainly wouldn’t put it beyond him,” Ganondorf said.
“So it’s settled. We hunt him out,” Roy said, sharpening his Sword of Seals on a rock.
“No! We can’t go out! Not with Akullodorf in the condition he is,” Nayru said angrily.
“Then what do you suggest we do, Oracle?” Samus asked.
“…I will lure the killer into my house,” Nayru answered slowly.
“What?” Impa asked.
“I said that I will lure him into my house. He’s after me, so I will let him come to take me, and that is when we will strike. It’s as good a plan as we’re going to come up with given the circumstances and you all know it,” Nayru said, arms crossed.
“But Nayru-,” Ralph said desperately.
“If worst comes to worst, I have my own sword resting at my side. I do know how to fight, no matter how seldom I am actually forced to prove that ability,” Nayru said.
“Yes Nayru…just be careful…you’ve been my friend since we were both small children. I don’t know what I’d do if you were to become injured, or worse,” Ralph said, a sick look about his face.
“I will be. We will not lose this battle, just be calm and hopeful,” Nayru said, embracing Ralph with a warm smile.
“Let’s do it. Let’s go back to your house,” Jet said, standing.







The metal slab was cool, but not by the standards of one living. To one with life it would instantly boil the skin off the bones. But to one as dead as him, it was like being in an ocean of cold waters. He had been here for years now, chained up, being eaten away by insects and mocked by the demons who still swore allegiance to the dead Modeus. Hell was in shambles. There was no order, and no one fit to become Hell Lord in the eyes of the Demon Lord Aku-Mari, second in charge. Instead the army sat, rotting away in the chambers of Hell, torturing souls just to pass time, no real drive or purpose.
But not he. Even though he was chained and bound to a slab of rock behind a barred gate, he was still one thousand times more free than any of those petty creatures ever would be. For he had a goal, and he was well on his way to accomplishing it.
For years, the Black Boes and the weaker of demons had gone to the realms above Hell, killing small insignificant animals and insects, and weak children, giving all of their life energy to him, to Mordeus. Through this he had gained just enough strength to stay sane in his prison, but finally the time had come. He had gained the allegiance of two of the greatest hell bound mortals ever to walk the realms of the living, and they were killing now in his name. Already his flesh and muscle had begun to return to him, and he could again speak the words of normal men, not hushed whispers mixed in amongst the gargling of blood. He needed just a few more sacrifices before he had enough strength to break free of his bonds and put his plan into motion. The agents in Labrynna would not fail him.








The rest of the Triforce Team waited silently in the shadows, still as the dark itself. Nayru sat at the desk in her house, looking at a picture that had been given to her by her family before they left her so long ago. It was a rule that once an Oracle reached the age to begin her duties she was to be left alone save for a bodyguard. Ralph had been the only real family she had ever known, but now she felt complete. The Triforce Team filled up a hole that had been in her heart for countless years. She felt hopeful and content, and knew that the friends she had in the team would always be there. And then there was Akullodorf. She didn’t know what it was, but she felt something more with the Gerudo king. Was it love? She knew not, she only knew that she had to be with him when he recovered.
She doubted she would even know what love was if she were to feel it. She had been bereft of emotions her entire life, learning to keep her needs inside of her own head, for she was the only one she could really trust, aside from Ralph. But she never came to Ralph, for she knew in her heart he couldn’t give her the things she really desired. Unconditional love, a feeling of safety, to know what love really was. Her thoughts again turned to Akullodorf. What if he wasn’t okay? What if he never awoke from his slumber? What would she do?
She had no more time to think of such things, as her mind was stirred out of thought and into the present. There was a rattling at her window. Was it the wind? It couldn’t be. The forest she lived in was calm, no wind. It was a silent place unless of course, something troublesome made its way inside. She stood up and slowly moved toward the window, her footsteps quiet against the colorful carpet set below her bare feet.
She cautiously drew aside the curtain, and saw nothing but the moon high in the sky above the massive green trees. She slowly unlatched the lock on the stainless glass window, opening it and peeking outside. It was black. It took several moments for her blue eyes to adjust to the piercing darkness. She looked around. Nothing. She leaned a little farther out the window, and there was a rustling in the grass below her. She gasped a bit, then chuckled lightly. It was only one of the numerous rabbits that lived in her garden. She shook her head and closed the window, walking back into the dark room.
She looked around the empty room a bit, then heard a low thud against her floor. She turned quickly, seeing only a dark flash zoom to the left. She unsheathed her blue blade quickly and stabbed at a black shape looming in front of her. The Triforce Team was out in the open within seconds, weapons ready. There was a terrified look about Nayru’s face, her eyes wide, a small trail of blood dripping from her lip. In horror, the team watched as Nayru’s body fell to the ground in half, a pool of blood growing on the ground. Her sword stuck in a dark figure, and Jet blocked the way to the door before it could leave.
“Show yourself, coward!” Jet yelled.
“You want to see me. Why?” the figure asked.
“Because you are the murderer, and now you are caught! Give it up!” Jet yelled, more angry than he ever remembered being. Nayru was dead before him, after he swore to protect her.
“Very well,” the figure said, casting aside it’s black hood. The figure wore a black helmet with a red jewel in its center, and wore a black cape and tunic. He had pale blue skin and white hair with shining red eyes, a sword sheathed at his side.
“Vaati,” Ganondorf said in disbelief.
“Yes, you remember me, former King of Evil. It seems I have taken your title,” Vaati said happily.
“I will give it away with pleasure, it is a title no one should accept gratefully,” Ganondorf said in disgust.
“You’ve done all of this? You’re a small time wind sorcerer,” Zelda said.
“Small time? Ahahahaha! We’ll see how small time I am soon….I’ll see you in Hyrule, your highness,” Vaati said happily, warping away.
“Nayru…” Ralph said in disbelief, tears streaming down his face.
“Ralph…there’s nothing here for you anymore…so are you in…or out?” Jet asked.
“I will follow you to whatever end to see the death of that foul wizard!” Ralph said.
“Mhmm….good. Let’s clean this place up, and then head to Hyrule,” Jet said.
A Monster Made Complete by BOEG
Chapter Six: A Monster Made Complete









A leaf golden in color fell to the ground slowly. Then another. And another. It was obviously Autumn, and judging by the sound of industry alive and booming all around, it was obviously Earth. A dog barked, and somewhere behind him two elderly men laughed together, their thoughts on times of old. He was outside, on a red spray painted park bench, green grass all around him, covered in orange and gold leaves. There was a bright flash, and then there was a blinding darkness.
His eyes shot open with a start, and he looked around. The memories came back to him like a bomb, all at once, and incredibly forceful, as if they were all trying to force their way inside of his head at the same time, and they were running out of room. Nayru’s death, the death of Queen Ambi, the death of King Zora, the life of Vaati the Wind Mage of old. He was in the old ruins of Lon Lon Ranch, in what used to be Talon and Malon’s house. Akullodorf was upstairs in Talon’s bed resting, his wound bandaged tightly. The rest of the team was outside, and he had recently decided to head in.
This was the exact place he stood when he talked to Link for what would be one of the last times. This was where his feelings for Zelda had grown so long. Lon Lon Ranch in his mind was the perfect embodiment of what Hyrule was, even now in its ruined state. He knew dark things were coming to claim his realm. He knew his entire team was behind him, and he was in no way alone, but at the same time the pressure on his shoulders was immense.
He was the King of Hyrule. The Hylians looked to him for safety and guidance. What if he let them down again like he did to Talon and Ingo in this ranch? What if he was unable to stop a dark force like the Dark Sages if it was to come once more? These questions he had no time to ponder, but that was just the thing. He had no time to ponder anything anymore. Being the king of such a realm was at the same time both a great blessing, and a burden he wouldn’t wish upon his worst of enemies.
He stood slowly, checked all of his equipment, and headed upstairs to Talon and Malon’s room. He slowly turned the knob and opened the door, dust rising from the floor. Jet kneeled before Akullodorf, examining the Gerudo and his wounds. His face was drenched in sweat, and he was breathing heavily. He looked terrible by most people’s standards, but to Jet, it was a good sign. As long as the bleeding had stopped he’d more than likely be fine.
He dabbed a cloth in a bucket of cold water from the stream next to the castle and slowly placed it on Akullodorf’s forehead. He then opened Talon’s desk and removed a piece of paper. He quickly scribbled something in the Hylian language, placing the note next to Akullodorf and standing.
“Hang on man…you’ll be just fine,” Jet said slowly, turning for the door. He gave Akullodorf one last glance and then left the room. He couldn’t lose another person. He couldn’t.






The sun was high in the Hylian sky, shining much brighter than anyone present thought it should, given the amount of bloodshed and war that was about to take place there. The entire Triforce Team stood at the ready, barricading the entrance to Hyrule castle, weapons at the ready.
“When do you think he’s gonna come?” Kafei asked.
“Who says he’ll even come through this way?” Roy asked.
“I do. It’s not like someone with as much pride as him to pass up an opportunity for mention in a history book somewhere,” Ganondorf answered.
“So we’re already that big, eh?” Jin asked with a smirk.
“There are soldiers guarding any other possible entrances, and the highest ranking officers patrolling the marketplace and the Temple of Time,” Zelda said.
“Yes…he will come. Waiting is half of the fun anyway, right?” Yoshimitsu asked.
“Hmm…it’s darker than it was a moment ago,” Samus said.
“You’re right…” Zelda agreed slowly.
“Don’t pay attention to it you guys, keep ready,” Jet instructed. The team again stood in their fighting stances, weapons pointed forward. The sky became noticeably darker now, the sun veiled behind a shroud of grey. With each second that passed the surroundings seemed to grow dimmer and dimmer, not a trace of light or warmth anywhere in the land.
A gust of wind flew from the west now, carrying with it a shadow. Out of the shadow came the form of Vaati, a sword in one hand, what appeared to be a head in the other. With a laugh he held his blade in front of his face, and a light shone in front of him. The face of the decapitated head now became visible. It was that of Akullodorf, a distorted look of pain in his expression, blood dripping from every orifice of his face.
“No! Not him!” Shinota yelled, running forward.
“Shinota, stop!” Jet yelled loudly, not moving an inch.
“But he just-,” Shinota was cut off.
“No. It doesn’t matter,” Jet said calmly.
“What?! How can you say that?!” Shinota asked, shocked.
“Do not attack, fight,” Jet instructed. A mild look of disappointment crossed Vaati’s face, and the head in his hand disappeared with a wave of shadow.
“So you wish for me to make the first move? Very well,” Vaati said, disappearing suddenly. With another blur of shadow he appeared behind Jet, slamming his hilt into the back of Jet’s neck. He fell to the ground slowly, blood dripping from the corner of his mouth. Vaati laughed, appearing atop the drawbridge, still brandishing his blade.
“You bastard! Step inside Hyrule castle’s gate and you will die!” Link II yelled angrily.
“I do not intend to enter the castle until every one of you is dead,” Vaati said smiling.
“Looks like you’re never gonna leave this place then!” Samson said cracking his knuckles.
“Oh please,” Vaati said, flicking his wrist. A spark of orange light shined on the field and Samson was on the ground, coughing in pain.
“Temple Link Blast!!!” Shinota yelled, the golden beams of the Triforce piece cutting through the shadow Vaati had created all around. The light subsided, and there stood Vaati, cape held in front of his face. He flung the cloth to the side, unharmed, then dashed forward, kicking Shinota in the chest. The Zedusrian caught the wizard’s foot, then shot a Ki blast at his face. Vaati flew backwards, landing gracefully on his feet. There was but a small bruise upon his cheek.
Vaati dashed forward quickly, blade extended, then came to a swift halt, sword covered in blood. Roy, the executioner and Kazuya were on their knees, deep gashes in their chests. Samus quickly shot a super missile in Vaati’s direction, the explosion covering the field in smoke and debris. Vaati appeared suddenly behind Samus, in a stabbing stance. She turned quickly, pointing the barrel of her arm cannon straight at the wizard’s chest. She let off three quick blasts of the Light beam, the attacks leaving burning holes in Vaati’s chest. Shocked, the wizard fell on his back, then disappeared into the ground, appearing several yards away, unharmed and laughing.
“How do we kill something like this?” Lord Deimos asked, awestruck.
“You can’t. I have already faced death and conquered,” Vaati said with a laugh.
“Heh….” Jet coughed out, on one knee.
“What is that supposed to mean my poor pathetic Earthling?” Vaati asked.
“It means you’re a bootlicker, just serving someone of a higher authority down in Hell who saw enough purpose to revive you, right?” Jet asked, a grin crossing his face.
“It is a wonder you lived so long given the size of your mouth, your highness,” Vaati shot back.
“Oh…? Haven’t you heard? I’ve been killed before too,” Jet said, standing.
“And revived? A lowly life form like you? How is that possible without a greater power?” Vaati asked, shocked.
“Simple. The Land of the Dead. Ya’ know, where people who still have purpose in life go. Kinda funny how you went straight to Hell, huh?” Jet asked. Vaati’s face turned a shade of red, and angrily he ran at Jet, blade pointing straight forward. When he reached the king he arced the sword upward, hitting air. Jet had back sprinted out of the way. He quickly launched his chakram into Vaati’s chest, then removed it with one hand, punching the wizard in the face with the other. Vaati launched a wave of shadow at Jet and he flew backwards to the ground.
Marth stood to face the wizard now, falchion gleaming even in the shadow. The dark wizard struck at Marth, who countered with his shield breaker attack, bringing the blade down heavily upon Vaati, who just barely stepped out of the way. The sword hit the ground, and Vaati kicked Marth in the face, knocking him to the ground. Dregan quickly launched a soul at the wizard, the green flame surrounding it biting at Vaati’s flesh. He slapped the unwelcome spirit back and fell to his knees, weakened, but not willing to admit defeat. His body was barely scathed, no torn fabric or blood visible.
“Why do you foolish mortals continue this vain attempt at taking my life? Do you not see the second coming of Vaati, Minish Lord? Vaati, the great Wind Mage? These names will once again strike terror into the hearts of these pathetic Hylians. Once again, I will be something more than a tale told to children. I will be the one to put this world into the shape I see fit, I a native to Hyrule, not an Earthling with as much power in his body as I possess in my swift hand. This is how it was meant to be before time began, and as such, this is as it will be,” Vaati said angrily.
“Vaati, you have no real power,” Zelda said.
“We shall see my queen, we shall see,” Vaati answered, a grin tugging at his lips.
“Who are you working for anyway? There’s no Hell Lord,” Kazuya asked.
“That would be telling. And I couldn’t just go back on an agreement now could I? Vaati asked.
“Why not? Your kind is all about deceit. What the hell is stopping you from stabbing each other in the back?” Shinota asked.
“Nothing is. It’s all about keeping to my word. I am a warrior who does what he says,” Vaati answered.
“Ah, I get it. You’re just weaker than whoever revived you,” Jet said with a smirk.
“Jet, should you really be-,” Ogre began.
“Just watch,” Jet instructed.
“And how would you know? What have you done that is so worthy of renown?” Vaati asked, angered.
“We’re tearing your home apart by the seams, and you haven’t killed one of us,” Jet answered.
“I…I killed the foolish Gerudo king!” Vaati argued.
“No one here believes that cheap magic trick. You tried to play off of our emotions, and now that you’re forced into an actual battle of power, you’re trying everything you can to ease your way out of it,” Jet said, arms crossed.
“You fool! You dare talk down to I, the great Wind Mage?!” Vaati asked, outraged.
“You’re not great, you’re weak and pathetic,” Goku said with a smile, understanding Jet’s idea. Vaati could take no more. He rushed toward Goku, launching nearly twenty lightning fast stabs with his sword, almost all of them missing except the vary last, which scathed the saiya-jin’s arm. He retaliated with a ki blast that the wizard promptly blocked and redirected at the team. Several were hit, but none were hurt too severely.
Vaati brought the blade down again and again, each time more desperate than the last. He was exerting every ounce of power he had into hitting Goku, and soon he would be bereft of energy. Shinota formed his hands together into a circle, then launched a Spirit Ki attack into the wizard’s back, and he fell to his knees, blade several feet away.
“I couldn’t let the poor guy waste everything he had there, could I?” Shinota asked.
“I will kill y-,” Vaati stopped speaking, a look of shock on his face. Gogetta held the wizard’s blade in his hand.
“You want this, huh?” Gogetta asked.
“Give me my sword, foolish prince,” Vaati ordered.
“Nope, don’t think so. You don’t call the shots anymore. Hyrule belongs to the Royal Family,” Gogetta responded.
“That blade is mine!” Vaati yelled.
“What’re you gonna do about it?” Gogetta asked. Vaati wasted no more time, running at Gogetta. He shot a wave of indigo light, knocking Gogetta back. Gogetta just barely backed away from Vaati’s reach, the sword still in his possession. Vaati opened his palm, a ball of black swirling wind-like energy forming several inches above it. He launched the sphere at Gogetta, who quickly batted it back at the wizard. The mass of energy flew into the sky, disappearing.
Vaati launched another attack of the same type, then another, and another, each time Gogetta countering it, despite how badly he fought with a sword. Vaati, nearly out of magic, launched one last attack at the teen. Gogetta swung the blade, but it was too late. The mass of swirling black wind engulfed him, raising him off of the ground. The air around him grew hot and tight, choking him and putting an immense amount of pressure on his body. He struggled with every bit of power he had left, and he threw the sword at Vaati. It pierced the wizard’s chest and flew out the other side, a massive amount of blood bursting from the body of the Wind Mage.
Vaati fell to his knees, and Gogetta fell to the ground as well, the spell cancelled. He rubbed his throat and slowly stood, eyeing Vaati cautiously. The wizard was breathing heavily, gasping for air rather, as blood continued to flow out of his body and onto the grass, the foul innards of the wizard decaying all of the grass the moment it made contact. Ganondorf slowly picked up the wizard’s sword and placed his iron shod boot over the blade, pulling up on the hilt with all of his might. The sword snapped in half, and Vaati let out a cry of agony, blood gushing out of his mouth as he fell flat on his face and lay still.
“Foolish wizard. I do not know what plan he hoped to have pass, or what evil he intended to bring into this world, but we must all be wary no-,” Ganondorf was cut off by the sound of violent coughing. No; it was choking. Up from the deadened land rose Vaati, ever so slowly, his eyes glowing a fierce white, the shadow still all around.
“I….told….you…to give me….my…sword. As long…as the sword….was in one piece…I would….retain…my old….form…but…now…you will all….die,” Vaati said in a raspy voice, his body rising into the air limply, blood still dripping from it. The sound of cracking bones and tearing tissue was heard, and suddenly the wizard’s left eye swelled up, bulbous veins filling with blood and pus running out from the socket. It grew larger and larger until Vaati’s skull broke open, blood bursting forth from all of the orifices in his head. The eye, never once moving or shifting gaze from the broken sword continued to grow, until finally Vaati’s head collapsed, and all that remained was the eye itself, with the rest of the wounded humanoid body below.
Out from the wizard’s wrists came three bloody, black fur covered claws, also growing in size. They planted themselves firmly into the ground until they were finished emerging, near to eight feet in length, and about half as wide around. With one more sickening pop, Vaati’s ribcage cracked and the rest of his mortal body fell to the ground in a tangled mass of bloody meat. What was left was a large black, spine covered sphere, of which a bleeding slit appeared down the middle and opened. Inside was visible all of the new organs and bones that made up the abomination’s body. The eye, attached by a limp pink, fleshy stalk, was slowly pulled into this bleeding hole, and the sound of skin and flesh sealing around it was heard. Finally, two great black horns burst forth on either side of the massive eye, and with an incredibly angered roar of triumph and hate, Vaati was born again, into the form he was forced to take so long ago when he was sealed inside the Four Sword of legend.
“Now…you will die, and I will reclaim Hyrule!” Vaati yelled, thrusting his massive black claw forward and pummeling Ganondorf to the ground. The battle would only get harder from here. The Wind Mage had reclaimed his old form, and he intended to win this battle.
The Battle For The Future by BOEG
Chapter Seven: The Battle For the Future









“Vaati…your powers are few. It would be a wise decision…for you to give up while you have a chance, and embrace death once more,” Ganondorf said, rising to his feet.
“Funny you should say such a thing, Mandrag, for it can also be applied to you,” Vaati said.
“Your strength lies in shadow. Those of us who fear not the darkness, shall not be defeated by it. And that is why you will never enter the castle,” Ganondorf responded, unsheathing his long Gerudo blade and spinning it above his head before planting it firmly into the ground.
“Silence!” Vaati yelled, slamming his claws into the ground, a wave of shadow erupting from the earth and spreading across the field, knocking most on the team off of their feet. Shinota ran at the Wind Mage, Twin Diamond Sword drawn. He slammed the blade into Vaati’s flesh, and to his shock, it didn’t leave a mark. Vaati slammed his left claw into Shinota’s chest, the Zedusrian’s impact with the ground hard. He stood slowly then shot into the air, so high in the Hylian sky that he appeared but a pinpoint from the ground below. He remained in the dark sky for several moments, then a golden flash of light appeared in the air, and from it came the form of Shinota, a super saiya-jin three, long golden spiked hair falling below his knees, his eyes a bright blue, and his blade glowing a fierce red.
“Hmm…what a cheap trick that is,” Vaati roared out.
“Cheap? Maybe. Effective? Definitely,” Shinota said with a smile, rushing at the Wind Mage with his blade pointed outward. He delivered three lightning fast attacks, but the wizard wasn’t wounded in the least. He thrust both of his claws forward, Shinota jumping above and to the side of both. Trunks came to his aid now, in super saiya-jin form and wielding his own deadly blade.
He leapt into the air and brought his blade down in a stabbing position, but he hit earth. Vaati had dodged just in time, and was now rushing toward the saiya-jin. He removed his blade from the earth and quickly held it in front of his face, the Wind Mage impaling himself on the sword. The wound was deep, but there was no blood. Out from the cut flowed a gas-like veil of shadow which knocked Shinota and Trunks to the ground, leaving them powerless and in original form.
Samus quickly stepped forward, arming her Light beam and readying a charge shot. The dark substance was absorbed and destroyed by her powerful arm cannon, and she launched the blast of solid light at Vaati, burning away at his flesh. The demonic wizard grunted in pain and anger, then blasted a wave of dark wind at the hunter. She activated her boot mounted thrusters, jumping over the attack unharmed. Vaati, anticipating this move, struck her hard with his claw when she landed, and she fell to the ground, dazed and wounded.
“I highly suggest you leave her alone,” Zelda said, stepping forward.
“Surely you don’t mean to face me now,” Vaati said, turning. Zelda said nothing, only drew her daggers and stood at a ready stance. Vaati flew forward, flinging his claws in the queen’s direction. She leapt to the side, then dashed forward, stabbing at Vaati. He crossed his claws into an x-shaped pattern, blocking the blades, then he blasted Zelda with shadow magic. She was hit, but skillfully she back sprinted and landed on her feet, clutching her stomach with one hand.
“Tell me Vaati, what’s it all for? Why did you kill those Labrynnans?” Zelda asked.
“Like that is something I would just tell you. I will say however, that in time all will be made clear and you will know exactly what my reasoning is behind such actions,” Vaati answered.
“I don’t have time for your riddles, none of us do. Tell me why you are killing, or we will destroy you,” Zelda warned.
“The power of the great Wind Mage is far beyond yours! You do not have a single chance!” Vaati roared out, enraged. He reached both of his claws into the air, and suddenly from the sky came two strikes of blue lightning. Zelda leapt out of the way and quickly sheathed her daggers.
“Now, use the Triforce!!!” she yelled. Ganondorf, Shinota, and Jet all complied, and the four warriors combined their strengths, the golden light of Hyrule’s sacred triangles blasting a hole straight through the black flesh of Vaati the Wind Mage. He fell to the ground, black smoke rising from his dying body.
“No….I will not…go…like this!” Vaati screamed, blood spilling out of his wound. There was a flash of shadow, and then Vaati was gone from Hyrule field.
“Where did he go?” Impa asked, looking around for any trace of the wizard.
“We need to get to the castle,” Jet said.
“But the entire Hylian army is protecting the villagers,” Goku said.
“It doesn’t matter…we have to get there,” Jet said, running into the market. The team followed.







Just as the team headed to the closed drawbridge of the castle, Jet’s suspicions were confirmed. Vaati was attacking the Hylian army. The strongest of soldiers, red armored and equipped with balls and chains, stood in front of the castle, trying to keep the Wind Mage from entering. Every attack did next to nothing, even though the wizard was quickly nearing death. Vaati had little time left alive, and this he knew. Gathering all of his remaining strength, he released one more devastating wave of shadow, knocking the lines of soldiers guarding the castle aside.
Vaati angrily lifted a soldier into the air with both claws, ripping him in half as he screamed, blood and torn flesh falling to the ground below. Vaati turned to face the team now, a fiery red glare in his single eye, blood still spilling from his wound, though it had began to foam and slow.
“I will destroy as many of these pathetic Hylians as possible before death claims me. As I said, not even the grand Triforce could kill-,” Vaati was cut off by a shining ray of golden light through his eye, pus and blood blowing through in a massive explosion of gore.
“You were saying?” Akullodorf asked, the Triforce of Courage shining on the back of his hand.
“It…..m-matters not…I have claimed…..the n-n-n-number of lives….required…and it…has….b-begun,” Vaati said, falling to the ground, dead.
“Akullodorf, you’re alive!” Zelda said happily.
“How did you know, man?” Shinota asked Jet.
“Simple. The Tetraforce was resonating the whole time…I knew it could only be Akullodorf because the Triforce of Courage was the only piece that ever came across that strong back when Link….” Jet’s voice trailed off.
“It’s alright…” Shinota said, patting Jet on the back.
“What did Vaati mean by it has begun?” Trunks asked.
“I don’t know…but it can’t be good,” Jet answered dimly.
“So…what do we do?” Akullodorf asked.
“This’ll sound foolish…but I think it would be wise to head back to Labrynna to try and calm Lynna City a bit. They have just lost their queen and oracle, the few remaining beacons of hope,” Rafton answered.
“But they have a mayor,” Samson protested.
“Why isn’t there a mayor in Hyrule?” Jin asked, arms crossed.
“Because when you have a Royal Family, a mayor is pretty useless,” Samson answered.
“Bingo,” Rafton said.
“Ah…that makes sense,” Samson said.
“Alright. We go back to Labrynna and make sure everything is in working order then,” Ganondorf said.
“Let’s get to it. Digi-Port Open!” Jet yelled, thrusting the digivice in front of his face and opening the portal to Labrynna.







The Triforce Team emerged in the forest of Labrynna, just bordering Lynna City. The sky was dark, and rain was falling all around, the sound of water pattering against leaves and the call of crickets was loud. Fireflies made their presence known, flickering their purple Labrynnan lights in the darkness of the forest. The weather seemed to differ from the scent that hung in the air however, the scent of smoke.
The team traveled through the obscure pathways of the forest until they came to the last clearing, and the reason behind the charred smell of smoke became clear; Lynna City had been completely destroyed while they were gone, the houses left in ashes, the corpses of the villagers gone.
The Traveling Corpses by BOEG
Chapter Eight: The Traveling Corpses









“No!” Ralph yelled, running forward.
“Ralph, calm down,” Roy said, following him.
“What the hell?!” Ralph screamed, falling to his knees, the dirt ground turning to mud from the intense rain.
“Ralph, get your head together,” Lord Deimos said.
“Don’t tell me what to do! You don’t know this place! You haven’t lived here all your life! You don’t know a damned thing!” Ralph yelled, running to the shore. Lord Deimos began to follow him, but was stopped by Akullodorf.
“Just let him go…he lost his entire city and his best friend…he doesn’t know what he’s saying,” Akullodorf said.
“It’s not like I was going to hurt him. I just wanted to talk to him,” Lord Deimos said.
“Yeah, well…I dunno how much good you and I can do in a situation like this,” Akullodorf said dimly.
“But maybe I can help,” Rafton said, running toward the shore to meet Ralph.







The wind blew hard, sending the rain into Ralph’s face. He took off his hat and placed it under his knees where he sat, tears streaming down his face. Never before had he been this lost. His entire home was destroyed, and all of his memories now meant nothing. His whole life was whisked away before him, and he was just expected to keep going in the midst of it all, and help out a group of people he barely knew.
He threw a stone into the rushing river, watching as the waters swelled up around it and it flowed helplessly to the bottom of the river. What was there left? Why did he still live? For what reason could he be of any use to anyone, when those he vowed to protect were dead and gone? Rafton suddenly sat down beside him.
“Ralph…” Rafton said slowly, trying to find the right words for the situation.
“Don’t try to give me a pep talk, alright?” Ralph said in a guarded tone.
“You can’t act like I don’t know what you’re going through Ralph. I’ve lived in Lynna City my whole life, and now it’s gone. I feel just as bad as you do,” Rafton said.
“No you don’t! You never will!” Ralph said darkly.
“How? How can you say that?” Rafton asked.
“I….I just…nothing,” Ralph said slowly.
“No…don’t do that…tell me,” Rafton said.
“Have you ever been in love?” Ralph asked.
“Yeah, of course. My family meant everything to me,” Rafton answered.
“No….like romantically…” Ralph said.
“No. I never needed that. I…ah. For the longest time I didn’t want to feel anything,” Rafton said.
“Why’s that?” Ralph asked.
“Never mind that…this is about you,” Rafton said.
“My life was perfect before Vaati came to Labrynna….I….I was with Nayru,” Ralph said.
“And you loved Nayru,” Rafton said.
“…more than anything,” Ralph said, tears falling from his eyes.
“Why didn’t you tell her?” Rafton asked.
“That’s what I regret the most…I’ve been beating myself up over it ever since…but…I tried so many times. So many times…and every time I had the chance, the opportunity, the words got stuck…like…we were together since we were born, so what could I lose? But somehow it just seemed like there was so much at stake,” Ralph answered.
“So what are you going to do now?” Rafton asked.
“…I just…I don’t know. I want to quit. I want to give up. I don’t want to be fighting…because in truth, right now existing is a larger battle than I’ve ever before faced,” Ralph answered.
“So…quit. Just like you said,” Rafton suggested.
“What?” Ralph asked, shocked.
“The way I see it you have two choices. Take some time off and mourn for Nayru, remember her and pray to the goddesses that the gifts she gave to the world don’t lie forgotten….or you can aid us, and you can fight on Nayru’s behalf, fight for her memory,” Rafton said.
“…if I quit…she’d hate me,” Ralph said.
“Maybe…but you’ve got to know…no matter how blunt…Nayru’s dead. She doesn’t have an opinion on much of anything anymore. So it’s all in your head. I’ll be with the team. You can make your choice. Either way, you’re here, she isn’t, and the only person you have to worry about now is yourself,” Rafton said, walking away.
“I…I just don’t know,” Ralph said to himself, throwing a stone in the water.







“It doesn’t add up. People don’t disappear into thin air,” Link II said.
“You did for about ten years,” Gogetta said with a slight smirk.
“Same principle could apply here. It would take some sort of magic to make an entire village of people vanish without a single body…but there’s no Hell Lord, no King of Evil, and Vaati is dead,” Kazuya said.
“So…there must be someone else, but who is he working for?” Link II asked.
“Independent perhaps?” Yoshimitsu asked.
“Anything’s possible….but where do we look?” Jet asked.
“Ganondorf, do you sense any kind of shadow?” Gogetta asked.
“Yes, it is stronger in some places than others,” Ganondorf answered.
“Then lead the way…we’ll follow the stronger places,” Jet said. Ganondorf headed off, and the team followed. Ralph scrambled to meet up with the group, and was greeted by Rafton.
“…I’ve decided to fight,” Ralph said.
“For whom?” Rafton asked.
“For myself. And for my memories of Nayru,” Ralph answered.
“Good,” Rafton said with a smile.







For hours the team traveled through the pathways of the Labrynnan forest, the shadow growing stronger, then weaker, then stronger again. At times one had to think that whatever greater evil at work here was toying with them, and that it had no real path or destination, nor even a purpose, but was simply killing for the thrill. After the death of Vaati, the team felt that the deaths would stop, and now, an entire city was gone. The team came at last to a dead end. To the ocean.
“What now?” Ogre asked.
“Now…we….um…-,” Shinota was cut off by the shrill scream of a woman.
“A survivor!” Jin yelled.
“Who’ll probably lead to the evil at work,” Impa said, unsheathing her machete.
“Let’s move!” Jet yelled, bolting toward the direction the scream came from. Past branches and thick thorny vines he traveled, desperate to find this Labrynnan before she was killed. He came at last to a clearing, where a tall red headed woman who looked to be twenty was on her knees, two Darknuts on either side of her, swords armed.
Jet ran at them, unsheathing his sword. He stabbed at the first, who blocked and parried. Jet jumped backward, avoiding the large blade. He then delivered a heavy round house kick to the Darknut’s face, the armored soldier turning away from the force of the blow. Jet launched several ki blasts into the Darknut’s back and he fell to his knees.
“Tetraforce Power!” Jet yelled, the golden light completely obliterating the Darknut. The second Darknut yelled angrily, running toward Jet at full speed. The Hylian King kept his sword at his side, and when the Darknut soldier was directly above him, he aimed the blade in front of his face, the tip piercing the Darknut’s throat, blood splattering onto Jet’s face. With a smirk he kicked the armored carcass off of his blade and wiped it clean, sheathing it. He quickly went to the young woman.
“Are you alright?” he asked, helping her to her feet. She wore a white and blue dress, with black boots, and there was something strange yet beautiful to behold in her eyes, a sort of soulless gleam.
“I’m fine…now,” the woman answered.
“What’s your name?” Jet asked.
“Milla…Velvesar. But…everyone calls me Velvet,” she answered.
“Everyone…you do…know what happened right?” Jet asked.
“I was taken last night from Lynna City, did something bad happen?” Velvet asked.
“…I don’t want to say this,” Jet said.
“Please…I would have you tell me if something has gone awry in the city,” Velvet pleaded, touching Jet’s arm.
“The city was burned today, and…none of the citizen’s bodies have turned up,” Jet answered, a pained look in his blue eyes.
“Lynna City?” Velvet asked, tears welling up in her eyes.
“…Yes,” Jet answered. Velvet tightly embraced Jet, sobbing. He put a single arm around her, his gaze fixed on the team behind him. He hated giving bad news, and it seemed like he was the only one who ever did so.
“What…do we do now?” Velvet asked, tears flowing from her face.
“We need to locate the bodies of the Labrynnans,” Jet answered.
“But…how?” Velvet asked.
“Uh…Ganondorf, you still feeling shadow?” Jet asked.
“Yes…slightly south of us,” Ganondorf answered.
“Then that’s where we’re headed. You’re safe now,” Jet said.
“Thank you…so much,” she said, burying her face in Jet’s chest, sobbing. The Triforce Team slowly began to travel again, southward toward the shadow and what would hopefully lead them to the Labrynnan’s bodies.







The team had been traveling aimlessly through the Labrynnan forest for what seemed like hours now, covering next to no new ground, and finding nothing in their favor. They were beginning to tire of the searching, and with every second that passed, the likelihood of finding the Labrynnan bodies decreased.
“Let’s stop here for a few minutes. We’re all well overdue for a break,” Jet said the team sighed their anonymous agreements and sat down on the muddy ground. The rain had never ceased, and indeed it was growing steadily stronger, a mist rising above the forest and into the clouded sky.
“Jet?” Zelda asked, standing.
“Yeah?” Jet answered.
“Can we talk for a minute?” she asked.
“Umm….yeah, sure,” Jet said, rising.
“There’s something about Velvet…” Zelda said slowly.
“What do you mean?” Jet asked.
“Just…try to stay away from her, okay?” Zelda asked.
“Why?” Jet asked, laughing a bit.
“Just…there’s something that isn’t right,” Zelda said.
“She hugged me…heh, she hugged me and now you’re jealous is that it?” Jet asked, laughing.
“Well…no, not-,” Zelda began, face red.
“Zel, I can read your expressions like an open book, your jealous,” Jet said, a smile about his face.
“Well….she was all over you,” Zelda said, eyes on the ground.
“Heh…oh…Zel, don’t worry about a thing, hun…honestly. She just lost her entire city to a faceless evil. You’ve been through that before, you know what it’s like,” Jet said.
“Yes…but I wasn’t all over Goku,” Zelda said.
“Yeah, you were all over me,” Jet said, smiling.
“And so was she!” Zelda said rather loudly. She quickly regained her composure.
“What can I say? Maybe I’m a lightning rod for people suffering from depression?” Jet asked.
“Mmm, I don’t like her…” Zelda said quietly.
“Because she hugged me?” Jet asked.
“No…that’s not it,” Zelda argued.
“Zel…you’re the only one for me, really,” Jet said, holding his wife close.
“Just…be careful…I don’t trust her at all,” Zelda warned.
“You don’t trust who at all?” Velvet asked, an innocent smile upon her face.
“Where did you come from?” Zelda asked.
“..behind you by the looks of it,” Velvet answered.
“I know that, but…” Zelda’s voice trailed off.
“So who don’t you trust?” Velvet asked.
“I…umm….it’s not in my character to make up fake excuses. Frankly, I don’t trust you,” Zelda said, looking Velvet straight in the eyes and walking past her quickly.
“What was that all about?” Velvet asked, laughing.
“Ah…nothin’. Just a lover’s quarrel. Ya’ know, the usual,” Jet answered.
“You mean you two fight all the time like that?” Velvet asked.
“Not over anything big…” Jet answered.
“That must take a toll on you,” Velvet said, looking back at the forest path in which Zelda entered.
“Sometimes…I guess,” Jet responded.
“And I can see you already have so much to handle,” Velvet said.
“Yeah, I it gets kinda hard sometimes, is that what you want me to say?” Jet asked.
“No…I don’t want you to say anything. I just wish that people like you were rewarded greater in life….you know?” Velvet asked.
“No, I…don’t,” Jet answered, eyeing her cautiously.
“People like you…work hard all of their lives to become something great, to keep the world safe, to make sure others have lives and families and homes…and then the others…they don’t do a thing. They feed off of the hard work of the lower people and get what they want. They make it to the top, at no cost to themselves whatsoever,” Velvet answered.
“People like me?” Jet asked.
“Jet…you were alone…and you were poor correct?” Velvet asked, putting her hand atop his shoulder.
“Yeah,” Jet answered.
“And how has it rewarded you? You’re still fighting, you’re still getting hurt, and others are getting rich and fat off of your hard work,” Velvet said.
“It’s rewarded me in a lot of ways that people lacking character and heart would fail to understand,” Jet answered.
“I’m just saying that I understand your pain…” Velvet said gently, moving her hand slowly down toward Jet’s. A scowl entered his face and he grabbed Velvet by the wrist, taking her hand off of his body.
“If you understand my pain so well, you wouldn’t try to belittle who I am now by acting like I’m controlled by the past. You don’t know a God damned thing,” Jet said, walking past Velvet quickly. A look of disappointment entered her face, and she turned to leave.







“That’s….really disgusting,” Link II said.
“Ah, spend a week out in the desert with my thieves and I’ll show you disgusting. That’s just scratching the iceberg,” Al’Rashid said in response to the bloody dismembered hand being carried by the executioner.
“What do we have here?” Zelda asked.
“Looks like whoever took the Labrynnan corpses made a slip while they were covering up their dirty work,” the executioner answered.
“But how do we know that belonged to anyone in Lynna City?” Zelda asked.
“It was the shopkeeper’s hand. He always wore that silver band,” Ralph answered.
“Are you sure?” Al’Rashid asked.
“Yeah, I remember always wondering why it meant so much to him. He certainly wasn’t married,” Ralph said.
“Where did you find it?” Zelda asked.
“Through that path right there,” the executioner answered, pointing to a small opening among the trees slightly eastward.
“Let’s go then,” Zelda suggested.
“What about Jet?” Al’Rashid asked.
“Thanks for volunteering,” Zelda said with a smile.
“Uh…I guess I’ll wait here for him then…bring up the rear,” Al’Rashid said sarcastically. The rest of the team headed off toward the dark path where the shopkeeper’s hand was found, and Al’Rashid sat down once again.
“You better get here quick…the forest isn’t my style at all,” Al’Rashid said to himself.
Magic and Deceit by BOEG
Chapter Nine: Magic and Deceit









“Nighttime falls in the middle of an empty forest where the only sound to comfort us is the intense rain and the cries of distant Lynels as we hunt for a city’s worth of dead bodies. Does this get any better?” Kafei asked sarcastically.
“Not for me…I’m right at home in such conditions. I spent the greater portion of my awareness trapped in a tomb, and just about anything is better than that,” Dregan said happily.
“Your highness, I’m beginning to get a little bit worries,” Impa said, walking somewhat faster to catch up to Zelda.
“Why would that be?” Zelda asked.
“Jet and Velvet have been gone for nearly an hour now. You don’t find it the slightest bit strange?” Impa asked.
“Keep walking Impa,” Zelda said in an angered tone, face red.
“Yes….your highness,” Impa said in a less than pleased voice.








“Jet…you know that’s not what I meant,” Velvet said, finally catching up to Jet.
“Oh? Because that’s all anyone’s ever meant. Don’t be so quick to judge me, you know nothing,” Jet said, turning angrily.
“No…I only meant that I could see your pain…she puts you in pain…doesn’t she?” Velvet asked.
“Why do you keep changing the subject?” Jet asked.
“This is the subject, Jet,” Velvet answered.
“Well why does the subject have to be my wife?” Jet asked.
“It isn’t…I’m not talking about Zelda. For once, she’s not the center of attention. I’m focusing on you,” Velvet answered.
“What about me? I’m fine,” Jet said, completely sure of himself.
“She hurts you…it’s all over your expression…without words…without a single breath I can still read it…it’s all over your expressions, the way you move. You walk with your head down, like you’re disappointed, like you’re hurt…and I know why, so you don’t have to pretend,” Velvet said.
“But you don’t-,” Jet was cut off.
“Stop trying to mask it behind other things. You are a man of power and control. You aren’t fazed by things you know you can’t control. You know that as long as you do what is in your power you can stand with your head high and face tomorrow. This feeling you have, this lurking shadow and deep rooted pain, it is caused by something you know you could have controlled, but you didn’t,” Velvet explained.
“…why?” Jet asked, eyeing her.
“Because you put your faith into her. You put everything into her, and like a leech she has attached herself to you, draining out your life, your character, your pride…draining you…and you know…deep down…that it isn’t the way things should be,” Velvet said.
“Do you-,” Jet was again cut off.
“Yes…I know it’s how you feel Jet…just as you do…stop denying it. Stop denying yourself,” Velvet said, moving closer to Jet.
“But…I love her,” Jet said, confused.
“No…you think you love her….you’re under…a spell that needs to be broken…and….I’m the one meant to…free you,” she said, placing her arms around Jet’s shoulders and drawing close to him. He looked into her eyes, confused.
“I…don’t know,” Jet said.
“You don’t love her,” Velvet said, looking into Jet’s eyes.
“But…” Jet’s voice trailed off.
“Prove it to yourself…” Velvet suggested.
“How?” Jet asked.
“…kiss me,” Velvet instructed.
“I…” Jet hesitated.
“You’ll never know,” Velvet said.
“Why…?” Jet asked.
“Jet…look inside of yourself. You’ve been alone your entire life. Companionship doesn’t run in your blood. It isn’t you. Ever since you were born you’ve enjoyed being alone…then your parents…and Kari…everyone you’ve put trust in…everyone…has let you down,” Velvet said.
“What makes you different?” Jet asked.
“The question is…what makes Zelda different? I’m not offering anything Jet…not a thing except for the truth. It wouldn’t be you and I…no…the best relationships are those that are left at distance,” Velvet said.
“No one can get hurt because no one can get close enough,” Jet mused to himself, understanding the Labrynnan woman’s words.
“Exactly…all I’m asking is a kiss. Just to see…do you trust Zelda more than you trust yourself?” Velvet said.
“But I-,” Jet began.
“You don’t love Zelda,” Velvet said, gazing into Jet’s eyes.
“I…don’t love her,” Jet said. Almost to his shock, a smirk tugged at his lips. Was this freedom? Was this the sweet flavor of liberation he had been aching to taste for so long? Or was it just another form of control?
“Now…kiss me,” Velvet said.
“…why don’t I know anything?” Jet asked, almost to himself.
“What do you mean?” Velvet asked.
“I mean…it’s just….heh, it’s God damned funny is what it is, ya’ know? All I’ve done for at least five years now…is constantly ask myself questions in my head. I don’t know a damn thing…and I just….I hate it,” Jet said, eyes on the ground.
“Jet…tell me what you know,” Velvet said.
“I just said-,” Jet began.
“No…look inside of yourself…right here,” Velvet said, taking Jet’s hand and holding it to his chest. “Now tell me what you really know,” Velvet said.
“I know….that I’m not happy. And…I…I know…this,” Jet said, leaning in to Velvet’s embrace and gently pressing his lips into hers. She smiled as his icy blue eyes closed, but she couldn’t tell if it was out of pleasure or shame. He held her tighter, still locked into the kiss, still wanting to explore every inch of Velvet, still wanting to know why it hurt so much to feel so good, still wanting to know the answers to questions he couldn’t even ask. He pulled away.
“Is something wrong?” Velvet asked.
“I’d love to hate you if I didn’t already hate myself too much to love anything,” Jet said, the words making perfect sense in his head.
“It’s okay, Jet…I promise,” Velvet said, kissing him softly.
“Nothing is okay,” Jet said.
“Jet-,” Velvet said slowly.
“No! You are not going to do this to me! You are not going to be another person to add to the list of people I’ve relied on,” Jet said angrily.
“Why not?” Velvet asked, arms crossed.
“Because, you’re going to let me down,” Jet said angrily.
“Jet…” Velvet said slowly.
“I’m not going to give myself to anyone, not again…I can’t,” Jet said.
“Let go of the past, Jet, let go of it. I am the present….I am the future,” Velvet said in a soft but somewhat darkly firm tone.
“I…” Jet began, taking a step toward Velvet.
“What?” Velvet asked.
“It’s nothing,” Jet said, his voice much less guarded.
“You can let me in,” Velvet said.
“Don’t let me down…don’t let me go,” Jet said, holding onto Velvet tightly.
“I will never let you go…I promise,” Velvet said, a smile about her face.







There was a rustling in the woods, a wind blowing against Al’Rashid’s back. It was a different wind however, different than the kind he had grown accustomed to in Labrynna. It felt different, not evil, but still somehow dark. He stood slowly, drawing one of his scimitars.
“Who is it?” Al’Rashid asked.
Silence was his answer, accompanied by more howling wind.
“I can hear your breath, as it differs from the wind. Now reveal yourself, lest you lend your body to the king of assassins,” Al’Rashid warned. There was a loud rustling, the sound of branches and leaves and vines all being drawn aside. Al’Rashid drew his other blade and stood at a ready stance, but the sight that greeted him from amidst the woods was not Jet or Velvet, nor was it any other fell creature. Still it shocked him to his core.
He took several steps forward, then in wide eyed amazement he stopped. Out of the forest, unscathed and alive stood Link, the Hero of Time, the same bold determination and powerful courage visible in his eyes. This was not a trick of the woods, of this Al’Rashid was sure.
“Link…” he said, breathless.
“Yeah…yeah it is,” Link answered, a smile on his face.
“How…why…?” Al’Rashid asked.
“We don’t have time…but I have one important question to ask you,” Link said.
“Yes, anything,” Al’Rashid said.
“Can I borrow one of your scimitars?” Link asked sheepishly.
“By the gods and goddesses and every divine force in existence…it’s great to have you back,” Al’Rashid said, handing Link one of his blades.
“Mhmm….let’s go,” Link said, running in the direction the team had headed.
“What about Jet?” Al’Rashid asked.
“He’ll find us, he always does,” Link said, continuing off. Al’Rashid followed, shaken, but in high spirits. Link was back. If there was indeed an evil left in this forest, it would soon tremble before the might of the complete Triforce Team.
A False Love and Dying Hopes by BOEG


Chapter Ten: A False Love and Dying Hopes









Night had come and the day had died, the sounds of owls and Wolves and other things best left unnamed were heard throughout the forest. The rain had stopped hours ago, but it looked as if it would kick in once more at any time, without the slightest warning. The black clouds that covered the dark night sky parted seldom, and the amount of moonlight given off was small, insignificant. It might as well have been completely black.
The forest path was growing wider, and the amount of trees and other plants were growing fewer. The soil was dryer here, dusty almost, if it wasn’t for the amount of heavy rain that had fallen for the entire length of the day before. The pathway in which the Triforce Team now walked was wide enough for three people to travel side by side, and so they did.
“Are we getting closer, Ganondorf?” Zelda asked.
“Much closer. I can feel the shadow all over, but it’s different somehow,” Ganondorf answered.
“How?” Samus asked.
“I’m not quite sure…perhaps the source of the shadow is not present, but it is simply a lair of sorts we are approaching,” Ganondorf answered, looking back at the Hunter.
“How close are we?” Zelda asked.
“We are nearly there,” Ganondorf answered.







“We should find the others now,” Velvet said, standing up from the fallen log she had been seated upon.
“Yeah…yeah,” Jet said slowly, a blank look on his face.
“Where do you think they headed?” Velvet asked.
“I don’t know….” Jet answered slowly.
“You seem troubled,” Velvet said in a concerned tone.
“I…I am troubled,” Jet answered.
“You did nothing wrong…nothing at all,” Velvet said, stroking Jet’s face gently.
“And how are you so sure?” Jet asked.
“It isn’t about being sure, Jet,” Velvet said with a sigh.
“Come again?” Jet asked.
“It’s all a matter of what is…and what isn’t. you kissed me, and you told me you did not love her…with your own mouth, from your own heart and mind you told me that. There’s nothing to be sure of when it comes to life and love,” Velvet explained.
“Let’s go…now,” Jet said, walking away. Velvet slowly followed.







Link and Al’Rashid were slowly gaining up on the rest of the team, traveling as fast as they could. The path was still very clogged, choked with overgrowth and insects and the occasional animal as well. The air was cool, and the forest was alive with noise. Everything was in a near dream-like state, and nothing quite seemed real, but Link and Al’Rashid were sure it was some kind of fell magic induced by the forest. Onward they pressed.
The path cleared itself by and by, and after awhile, even the sounds of the team could be heard in the distance. The two warriors picked up their pace, running full speed toward the rest of the team. They went as quickly as they could, despite the intoxicating atmosphere that was slowly lulling them to sleep.
Closer and closer they came, and deeper and deeper they fell into weakness. They knew they had to reach the team before their bodies gave out; they knew they had to get there and find the bodies of the Labrynnans. They knew what they had to do, but the goal seemed so far away. With one last desperate burst of speed the two run forward through the open path, and they found themselves facing the rest of the Triforce Team. Almost instantly the fog lifted from their thoughts and the two were awake and aware.
“Link?!” Zelda asked, tears welling up in her eyes.
“Oh my goddesses,” Impa said, backing away.
“Please tell me this isn’t another illusion of the Labrynnan Wood,” Ganondorf said, awestruck.
“It’s me…” Link said, a smile on his face.
“Dad….?” Link II asked, stepping forward, a look of shock on his face.
“Son…” Link said quietly.
“This can’t be true…for so long…you’ve been gone…taken away from me…my entire family…please…tell me this is for real,” Link II said, doubtful. Link stepped forward, tightly embracing his son.
“I’m here…and I’m no trick,” Link answered.
“But how? Your body….and you…you were….you were dead,” Shinota said.
“I went to the Land of the Dead after my death at the hands of the Dark Forest Sage,” Link answered.
“But you were there for more than twenty-four hours, it’s impossible for you to be here,” Goku said.
“I can’t tell you that I know how it happened…’cuz I really don’t. When you’re there…nothing seems quite right…memories and thoughts and feelings and words…they all blur together, and it isn’t like a mortal realm. It’s like…the controls are different…you try to move, and you realize you don’t have a body. You try to think, and you realize you don’t have a mind…you have to rediscover how to do everything. You can do it…you just have to learn a different way,” Link answered.
“That’s not how Jet described it,” Zelda said.
“That’s not how it is for the first twenty-four hours. You’re able to hold together your physical form there for a day. Afterwards you’re like…a ghost,” Link said.
“Mmm….” Zelda said, thinking.
“I don’t….I don’t see Jet….he’s okay isn’t he?” Link asked.
“He’s with Velvet,” Zelda answered in a less than pleased tone.
“Velvet?” Link asked.
“A…lot has happened since you’ve died,” Rafton said.
“Rafton? You’re on the team?” Link asked.
“So is Ralph…someone destroyed Lynna City…the bodies of the Labrynnans are gone, and the only other survivor is a girl named Velvet,” Rafton answered.
“Yes…right now we are trying to find the bodies of the citizens,” Ganondorf said.
“Mandrag?” Link asked, his tone dark.
“I…have been shown my ways…and I have strayed from them…and I must thank you…and apologize,” Ganondorf said, eyes on the ground.
“…if they trust you…then so do I,” Link said, eyeing the team.
“Thank you,” Ganondorf said.
“Mhm,” Link nodded.
“Link…” Akullodorf said slowly.
“Yeah?” Link asked, turning to face the Gerudo King.
“After you died…I took up the Master Sword and the Triforce of Courage to defend Hyrule,” Akullodorf said.
“…I…see. I’m…sure they’re in good hands,” Link said.
“Do you wish to reclaim them?” Akullodorf asked.
“No…I want you to keep ‘em,” Link said quietly. Akullodorf began to speak, but was interrupted by the arrival of Jet and Velvet.
“Link?” Jet asked, his every thought gone.
“Jet…” Link said slowly.
“You’re…alive?” Jet asked.
“Yeah…I’m back now,” Link said. Jet embraced the Hylian tightly, confused, but happier than he could ever remember being.
“You two were gone for quite awhile,” Zelda said slowly.
“Zelda,” Jet said slowly, turning to face his wife.
“What is it?” she asked in a concerned tone, her anger suddenly dissolved by the look in her husband’s eyes.
“I have to tell you something,” Jet said slowly.
“Of course, anything,” Zelda said slowly, a terrible pain in her stomach. She could tell this wasn’t going to be good news.
“I…” Jet began.
“Be honest with her,” Velvet whispered into Jet’s ear.
“I kissed Velvet,” Jet said.
“W-what?” Zelda asked, the words not making sense to her.
“I said I kissed Velvet,” Jet said.
“How…how could you do something like that?” Zelda asked, a lump forming in her throat.
“I…I don’t know,” Jet said.
“You don’t know? You kiss a girl you barely know and you don’t know why? That’s ridiculous! How could you do this to me?! To us?! To our family?!” Zelda yelled, crying.
“Nothing is right in my life! Everyone has let me down before, and it was only a matter of time before you did! You brought this upon yourself!” Jet yelled.
“I brought it upon myself? All I’ve ever done is love you!” Zelda yelled.
“I don’t love you!” Jet yelled, the words echoing through Zelda’s ears.
“What?” she asked, her tone low and weak.
“I don’t love you,” Jet said again.
“Jet,” Zelda said slowly, tears streaming from her eyes.
“No…none of this….I won’t sit here and watch you cry. I won’t let it hurt me, I won’t let it faze me. I can’t let it get to me…I can’t let myself get hurt,” Jet said.
“But…I love you,” Zelda said.
“Zel…I don’t want this anymore,” Jet said slowly, removing his gem inlaid wedding ring and throwing it to the muddy ground. He turned slowly.
“What are you gonna do now?” Shinota asked in a less than pleased tone.
“I’m going to go find whoever destroyed Lynna City,” Jet answered.
“That’s what we’re doing, we’ve been waiting for you this whole time,” Yoshimitsu said.
“No…I don’t need any of you…I’m going to find who did this…alone,” Jet said, walking into the shadow.
“And I’m going to go be alone with him,” Velvet said, flashing a smile and then turning to follow him.
“What was that?” Kazuya asked.
“That wasn’t like Jet at all,” Link said.
“Are you okay, Zelda?” Impa asked.
“He…threw his wedding ring away like it was nothing,” Zelda said.
“Zelda…” Link said slowly.
“And he went off with Velvet,” Zelda said.
“Zel…come on…” Link said.
“No….” Zelda said slowly, a pale look on her face.
“What?” Impa asked.
“No…I’m not okay,” Zelda answered, falling to her knees and sobbing, her eyes never once leaving Jet’s wedding ring.
Author's Note by BOEG
Be you a dedicated fan, someone who has just started reading this story, or someone who is bored to no end and decided to randomly view this, I hope to drive home the same point.

Allow me to begin by apologizing for my ridiculously long absence from Kasuto.net and The Familiar Shadow in general. Certain events in my life have robbed me of the time or will to continue this story, but now that I have had a proper amount of time to learn and grow from these experiences, I assure you that this story will continue from where it left off, albeit surrounded by a darker tone than ever before.

That has always been the core of my writing, what I was trying to do. Vent bad experiences and good experiences alike and incorporate them into a public story that all could view. It's like a window into my life without words or any explanation that really involves me in any way, shape or form.

Now I can't tell you the exact time, be it today, tomorrow, or an hour from now, but I can assure you that I will pick up The Legend of Zelda: The Familiar Shadow once again. And to all the fans of Syento Arnor, I am still working on new ideas and plot events for the rewrite, and it is something I am very much looking forward to. But in order to have a good ending, the one reading (and the one writing for that matter) must know every detail of the middle and beginning. So I'm glad to give an update, and I hope everyone enjoys the next chapter of TFS.
This story archived at http://www.kasuto.net/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=1507