Marin by Burn
Summary: Poor Marin. It seems like the world is turning without her. She tries hard at everything she does... especially trying to impress Link. As she tries to talk to him and befriend him, she soon realizes that he is not all that he seems.
Categories: Fan Fiction Characters: Link (LA)
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 5614 Read: 105737 Published: Jan 18, 2005 Updated: May 21, 2005

1. intro by Burn

2. Barefoot by Burn

3. Nervous breakdown. by Burn

4. Normal by Burn

5. Sunsets by Burn

6. epilouge by Burn

intro by Burn
Intro/Disclaimer


Ah, poor Marin. It seems at times that the world is turning without her. Her former lover Richard has disappeared, her Daddy is beginning to go crazy from the mushrooms.
And then came the outsider.
She found him by the beach.
And that's the last she saw of him.
Now, two weeks after discovering him, he suddenly shows up in the village, deciding to live with Marin and Tarin for a while. And as Marin tries to befriend him, she discovers the secrets of his past, and realizes that he is not what he seems to be...

I was planning to post a Link's Awakening story for a long time, but posted one chapter then stopped. However, Wizera, another Link's Awakening fanatic, convinced me to post this.

Now, keep in mind, although I am a guy, I wrote this story from a woman's point of view. Meaning, that just because it says something like, "I suddenly decided that I was in love with Link," DOES NOT mean I'm gay. And if anyone gives me a bad review just for that reason, (if you didn't like the story, you thought it was too rushed, you didn't like a certain character's personality, ect., that's perfectly alright) then you have no right to go to this website, because that is a simple element of literature that you should understand.

So, without further ado, I present to you, Marin.
Barefoot by Burn
Marin


I lay on the beach, feeling the warm waves crash against my bare feet. I closed my eyes for a moment and inhaled the smells of the sea, the salty air and the bananas from the trees. The hot sun beat down on the sand, warming my skin and relaxing away my worries. I opened my eyes again at the thought. I had no worries No one had worries on this island. We just lived life one day at a time. That's how it's always been, and probably how it always will be.

All of the sudden the sounds of the tide were interrupted by the crunching of boots in the sand coming closer to my head. I didn't bother to look up, as I knew who it was. Link plopped down behind me on the ground. He tucked his arms under my shoulders and let out a sigh, running his fingers through my hair.

"Hi there," he said softly.

"Hi."

"I like that dress. Green is a good color on you."

I opened my eyes and looked out at the landscape for a moment.

"Thanks for noticing," I muttered.


I woke up with a start...
I'd apparently fallen asleep on the shore and high tide had come, as the waves were now crashing over my head, burning my eyes with salt and placing large deposits of sand in very uncomfortable places around my legs... VERY uncomfortable.
I crawled up from under the water and sat down on a log, coughing up water and rubbing my eyes in pain. The awful taste of salt stuck in my throat and dried out mouth. I sat there, recovering for a few minutes. This was just perfect. This sort of thing always happened to me... like the time that the strap to my shoes...

Oh, shit!

My shoes!! Where were they?! I jumped up and looked out at the water, hoping that they weren't out there. My hopes were unanswered. Sure enough, the tide had carried away my shoes, as they were now out in the middle of the ocean.

"No..." I moaned to myself as I started towards the water.

I frantically swam out into the water, trying to retrieve them... but it was no use. A large wave suddenly took me and carried me back to shore, bashing me into the sand.

That always happened!! Every time someone went out too far into the water, the tide would pick them up and carry them back to the beach. Even with big ships that set of for exploration... The wave would catch them and bring them to shore, smashing them to pieces.

But it didn't save my shoes!

As I sat out on the shore, tired and soaked, I slowly realized that, sadly, there was nothing I could do about it. I'd have to walk barefoot from now on.

No, I couldn't get a new pair and I couldn't save these. The only place on the island you could buy a pair of shoes was from Christine the Goat. But it's been too dangerous to travel to animal village lately. You couldn't go through the prairie without facing monsters. She always ate the shoes while she made them anyways...

So, feeling disappointed, I began walking back home.

And I found a very nice surprise when I got back.



"Richard!!"

I ran out and threw my arms around Richard, taking a whiff of his soft cologne. I had been absolutely forever since I had seen Richard.

"Hello there, Marin," he replied with his smooth voice.
I was so surprised! Richard! Richard, with his silky dark hair, and his tall, strong body, had actually come back to see me!!

Richard was a guy who resided in an old castle in the middle of the prairie. Seeing as this turned him into an egotistical jerk, he now called him self "the prince."

Kind of dumb, huh?

But I could see his qualities, and found him oddly attractive. Unfortunately, my daddy seriously disapproved of him, So nothing could ever happen between us.

Behind him was Carrie... his sister and one of my best friends. She took after he brother in several ways... most noticeable of which was the ego.

And the first thing he noticed were my missing shoes. Go figure.

It turned out that Richard was here for more than just my companionship. He informed me that monsters had invaded his castle, slaughtering all of his servants and forcing him to run. After a bloody fight, he had managed to escape and flee to his sister's villa.
He probably made over half of it up, but... oh, well.

"I hear word of an outsider that is quite the toned warrior," he said, with a slightly curious tone.

I grunted. "I don't know. He carries his sword around like it was a cherished pet or something. I've only seen him two times since I met him,"

Richard laughed a little.

"You don't sound very fond of him," he chuckled.

"Oh, no," I corrected him. "I find Link to be very intriguing."

"You mean very attractive!" Carrie teased, with an acidly sweet tone.

"Possibly," I snapped back at her.

"Can we get back on topic?!" said Richard.

"Sorry..."

Richard walked up to me and stared down into my eyes.

"Listen," he growled. "I need that guy's help and you are my only way to get it. So quit fooling around and get busy!"

I shoved him away.

"IF... I see him. He doesn't show up very often."

Richard brushed of his clothes where I shoved him and tried to recollect his dignity.

"Very well. I will see you again sometime," he said calmly.

With that, he flipped around his cape and left.

What a jerk.


I woke up the next morning as soon as the sun shined in through my window. I groaned, lying on my stomach, covering my eyes with the pillow, reluctant to get up. I did get up, however, and walked over to the window. I slid it open, took a breath of the early morning air, and smiled.

I could tell already that I would enjoy the day.

I got dressed and walked out to the backyard... and, to my surprise, found Link. He was lying out in the grass, with his eyes closed. It looked like he was asleep. I walked over to him and gently shook his shoulder.

He didn't budge. So I shook harder. And harder. And Harder...

"You're up early..." He finally said, opening one eye.

I giggled a little, letting go of him, relieved that he was alright.

"I came out to chop firewood. I work, you know..."

He winked at me with a mischievous grin. "Don't worry about it."

"What?"

I looked down to the right of Link's figure, to find all of the firewood chopped and bundled. I looked at him with a blank face.

"I decided I'd pitch in a little," he said.

I laughed.

"So, what brings you to the village?" I asked him, as we walked back to the house. "I haven't seen you in a while."

He shrugged his shoulders and looked ahead.

"Well, I kinda decided that I should... take a break."

I looked at him with confusion.

"I'm gunna stay with you for a few days," he explained.

"Ah, I get it now." I smiled at him, though he didn't seem to notice.
I looked up at the outline of the Tal Tal Heights, trying to find Mt. Tamaranch. The winds were beginning to pick up, whipping around my hair, swaying around the trees and...

"Why are you barefoot?"

That piece of shit...
I ignored him and continued walking.



Today was the perfect weather. The temperatures were warm and mellow... about 70 degreesin the evening. The wind was blowing gently, and the air was crisp and clean.

Link and I had spent the entire day together, walking around the village and on the beach. And as the sun set, turning the sky cool shades of pink and purple, I picked out a large shape, almost birdlike, against the sky. I pointed it out to Link.

"Looks like a big bird..." he said sarcastically.

I shot him a glance. Still, he smiled back at me teasingly.

I can still remember how captivated I had felt when he looked at me that way. With his scruffy blond hair, which he parted to the left, and his big blue eyes... captivated wasn't really a strong enough word to describe it.

Then I suddenly asked myself something: Why was I so attracted to him suddenly?

I stared at him. I didn't see why not. He was very casual and easy to be around... Friendly, smart, cute...

And still, something in his eyes looked sad.

"Hey, Marin?"

I snapped out of my trance with a start.

"What?"

Link looked at me with a blank eyes.

"What can you tell me about the Wind Fish?"

The Wind Fish... I once again looked over at the mountain, this time shifting my focus directly to the egg.

"The Wind Fish is our god," I said softly. The wind picked up and blew around my hair and the hem of my skirt.

Link got up and walked over to me. He helped me up.

"See that egg?" I asked, pointing to Mt. Tamaranch. "That's the Wind Fish's egg. It's sleeping in there."

Link looked over at me. I could see it in his eyes. He was up to something. I began to feel very uneasy.
"What would happen if the Fish were to wake up?" he asked, with an uncomforting tone of voice.
I suddenly became afraid. This was not something he should be asking.

"People say that something horrible would happen, or that..."

I was cut of by the sound of a flute and the winds became fierce. I whipped around with and surprise, looking around for any kind of player. I couldn't tell where it was coming from...the air suddenly filled with loud flapping noises, and a huge shadow cloaked over us. I looked up paralyzed in fear. In the branches of the dark tree was perched a giant owl. It was outlined against the dusky sky, every ringed feather, every talon casting an intimidating terror.

It glared down at me with eyes that blazed like a fire. They flowed down at me, piercing into my heart. I felt a huge lump of terror rising up in my chest...

And then it spoke to me.

"Leave."

I stood there for a moment, too scared to move.

"Leave!" It repeated, louder than before.

I ran away in fear.
Nervous breakdown. by Burn
Marin


Someone was yelling. Outside... "Take the mutt!"

Was I dreaming...? Everything was dark... The walls, the roof... it was all dark... a purple shade closing over everything... I looked around my surroundings... breathing the mild air in my lungs.

And I could smell something.

There was the smell... the smell of a person... the person... I closed my eyes and smiled. It was the smell of my lover... and the yells out the window were the yells of the people who envied us...

I turned to see my lover...

"Holy shit!!"

I toppled out of bed, and out of my dreary state, for to my dismay, the pleasant smell of my lover was not there. Link, however, was.

In my bed. Lying right next to me.

I sat on the floor in disbelief, staring up horribly as Link groggily lifted his head off of my pillow. He yawned loudly and rubbed his eyes in the dark.

"Damn... Is it morning already?"

I scurried up off of the ground and glared at him.

"What the hell are you doing in my bed?!" I stuttered loudly.

He opened one eye and looked at me. This appeared to be a habit of his... a rather annoying one at that. He ran his hand through his scruffy blonde hair and shrugged his shoulders.

"What are you doing in my bed?!" I repeated, even louder than before.

"Depends," he finally replied groggily. "Why are you so pissed off about it?"

"Because it's my bed! You can't just climb in bed with a girl!"

He scratched his head impatiantly.

"So what am I supposed to do, sleep on the cold, hard floor?!!"

"If it would get you out of my bed!!"

Link flipped the covers off and sat up on the side of the bed, wearing nothing but his undergarments. He put his arms on his knees and leaned foreward.

"You need to lighten up..."

All of the sudden, a large thud slammed against the wall as the yelling increased outside.

Everything went silent.

"What's going on out there, anyways?" Link said quitetly.


I got up and walked over to the window, pressing my face against the glass, and staring out at the dark village. I couldn't see anything at all, except shadows... there was nothing but silence.

Then a loud, horrifing scream pierced through the air.

l fell back from the window with shock and scurried away backwards. I backed into the corner, and turned to Link, breaking into a cold sweat. He looked back at me, only for a second, and then he was gone.

He flipped off of the bed and ran outside with his sword, pulling his hat on as he kicked down the doors.

I crawled into bed and somehow managed to fall into an uneasy and fearful sleep.






"Pssst!"

I opened my eyes slowly...

It was morning now, as the sun was streaming through the window. The birds were chirping outside, the wind was blowing gently, and the sound of playing children rang through the air.

I looked up for a second, to see Link standing in the doorway. He looked tired and exhuasted.

"I brought you a present!" He said.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, adjusting to the morning sun.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him groggily. He walked over to my bed and sat near my feet.

"Look out the window," he said, pointing to the window with a mischievous grin. I glanced at him for a second, then directed my attention to the window and...

"Holy shit!!"

Link laughed evilly. "You need to watch your mouth," he teased. "That isn't the first time I've heard you do that."

"But... the mon... you... how did you get that?!" I stuttered, pointing towards the window.
Bow Wow. Bow Wow was chained to our fence. With its black mass of fur, and its huge teeth, it was actually chained to our fence, chasing after the hen in our hard.

"Hey, calm down..." Link said, moving his hand towards me, with a concerned look on his face. I swatted it away quickly and jumped out of bed. I wandered over to the other end of the room and began stuttering.

"I just can't believe you!" I said, more to myself than to Link. I smacked myself on the forehead and continued wandering around the room.

"I mean, first you go completely AWOL on me... then you finally show up, but you have to chat with that freaky owl... what the hell was that thing anyways?!"

Link didn't respond.

"I wake up in the middle of the night to find out your sleeping next to me... and now THIS! You're completely insane... I mean, how, how, HOW, can you possibly explain any of this to me?!"

I suddenly spun around on my heels and turned to face him.

He just shrugged.

"I can't take this..." I uttered frustratedly. "I'm not going to take it. I... am going to ignore you..." I pointed to Link, and then to the door. "... And then I'm going to leave."

With that, I turned around and stormed out the door. Bad mistake.

I stormed back INTO the door and gestured towards Bow Wow. "That thing just attacked me!! You took it to my house and now I can't leave!! You are the dumbest, stupidest, and most degrading moron I've ever met!!"

At that point, he snapped.

Link got off the bed and walked up to me, staring into my eyes. And then without warning, he grabbed my shoulders, and began shaking me furiously.

"You... need... to... calm... down!! You... are... having... a... nervous... BREAKDOWN!!!"

He stopped me and glared straight into my eyes, with an evil look.

I couldn't believe my ears...

I can't have a nervous breakdown! I'm Marin! That's not what I'm like! I'm not the person that...

"Well.. I.."

"What the hell is your problem?! I was just playing around, and all of the sudden, I'm getting my ass yelled at! I won't let you treat me that way! I--"

"WHAR'RE YOU DOIN' TO MY DUAGHTER?!!"

WHAM!!

Link's hands slid off my shoulders as he fell unconscious onto the floor. I looked down at him in confusion, then looked up at the attacker.

It was my daddy.

In his hand was a steel frying pan, obviously the weapon he had used to put Link out. He frowned, as he looked down upon the poor boy who had falling pray to his frying pan of doom.

"That'll show 'im. Attackin' my daughter in our own home... the nerve of im'..."

I walked up to him and punched him in the shoulder. One thing about my daddy... He was a big guy, but he couldn't take any pain.

"Daddy, that was Link!!"
He looked up at me, rubbing his shoulder with a dumbfounded expression.

"Whoops..."
Normal by Burn
Marin


"How's he doing?"

I simply ignored my daddy and continued to nurse an unconscious Link.

It had been a few hours since what I now like to call the "frying pan of doom" incident, which had taken Link out. I know, the "Frying Pan of Doom" sounded stupid, but it was a good name, considering what had happened.

My daddy had been coming home from the forest when he had noticed Bow Wow at the house. So he decided to investigate. When he walked in and saw me with Link, he had believed that Link was attacking me. So, in a frantic rage, he took his nearest weapon, a frying pan he carried with him to fry his toadstools, and smashed it over the back of Link's head.

"That'll show im'!"

See what I mean? The Frying Pan of Doom...

Link hadn't been hurt too badly, but he was bleeding, and was now planted on my bed, with his head wrapped up in bandages, and his blonde hair jutting out the top. I had removed his shirt, which had a few spots of spilled blood on it, and pulled the sheets up to his shoulders to keep him comfortable.

"You never answered me..."

I snapped my head up and looked over at my daddy, who was rocking in his chair in front of the fire, causing the floorboards to creak quietly. I shrugged and solemnly stared at the floor under my feet.

"He's alright," I replied worriedly. "But come look at this."

Daddy slowly got up and waked over to the other side of the bed. He leaned over against the bed stand and examined Link's body curiously.

"Look..."

I pulled down the sheets and pointed to the marks on Link's exposed chest.

"Burns..."

Link lay in the dim light, with the sheets drawn down to his waist, and, against the light complexion of his skin, was a large patches of light brown. It was situated on slightly under his shoulder, as if he had been hit by a fireball or hot liquid.

Daddy looked down in disgust at what he saw.

"W-where did those come from?" he asked horrifically.

I sighed and shook me head.

"Who knows..." I replied angrily. "He always runs of to who knows where in the daytime..."

"Ulrira should know..."

"Grandma Ulrira claims to have seen him near Tail Cave! Why would he be near Tail Cave?"

Daddy stood up straight and walked back over to his seat by the fire. He gave a chuckle and looked up at the roof in a dreamy state, as the orange glow of the fire danced across his face.

"Don't fret on it, girl," he said somewhat dazed. "Link is just an outsider trying to adjust to life here. And that apparently means running off into dangerous caves and being set on fire to him."

I raised an eyebrow and gave my dad a mock look.

"Please tell me that was sarcasm..."

"It wasn't."

I sighed and looked down at Link.

"I hope your right..."

He shifted his attention over to me and smiled.

"You're just worried about him, that's all."

I cracked a little bit of a smile as I played with the idea in my head.

The idea of me being so upset over a boy.

"You've figured me out," I said with a soft giggle.

"I've figured you out, indeed. I've seen how you look at him."

"Stop it," I laughed, looking back up at him with red cheeks.

"See, I figured you out!" He chuckled and closed his eyes. "Let it be known that you have my approval."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

He opened his eyes and leaned forward in his chair.

"You have my approval, that's what it means."

"You mean, like, romantically?"

"Yeah."

I raised an eyebrow.

"I have no intentions of... that..."

"Really?"

"It's not like I love him or anything!"

"Oh, you don't?"

"No!"

"Oh, ok then."

He let out a dissapointed sigh and got up out of his chair. He walked over to his own bed, taking of his shirt and climbing under the sheets.

"Goodnight, Little Marin."

I sighed and reached towards the lamp on the table, blowing out the light of the house so that only the glow of the flames remained.

"Goodnight, Daddy."

I walked over to my own bed and pulled back the sheets, shoving Link out of my way.

"What is the deal with you?" I asked frankly, while I climed into bed. I shut my eyes and sighed.

"I was never in such a bad mood before you came along."

And then, partly out of dreariness, I sighed again and wrapped my arms around his lifeless body.
Sunsets by Burn
Marin


"Where have you been?"

I glared out at him.

"Marin, wait, before you go crazy, I..."

I stepped towards him and put my finger up to his lips to silence him.

"Shhhhh."

Link stopped talking and stared at me with an odd look. I retracted my hands and smiled. Something had just popped into my head.

Why was I being so mean to him? I could be nice to him. So I made a commitment not to yell at him.

"That's ok. You don't have to tell me."

3 days ago, I had woken up alone in my bed, when the night before, I was accompanied by Link, who was injured and bleeding.

I was naturally worried.

But, I thought of what my father had said to me that night, and decided not to worry about it as long as he was safe. I was hoping for a while that I hadn't driven him out after the fight, but he was apparently ok.

Ugh...

The fight. I supposed I owed him an apology for that.

"Hey, Marin?"

I heaved out a peaceful little sigh. He wasn't taking it too hard.

"Yeah?"

"Can we take a walk together?"

I stepped back a bit in surprise.

"Uh... Ok," I muttered. "Let's go..."


It was another perfect day on the island, just like any other. The sun beat down on us, delivering warm, subtropical weather. Link and I were walking through Mabe Village, where the living was easy, and where everyone glowed with the radiance of life. We strolled through the grass, warmed by the sun and feeling calm and peaceful.

"Koholint Island is beautiful," Link said finally. "Almost as beautiful as Hyrule."

I looked over at him, with his hands tucked behind his head as he walked along in big, long strides.

"Is that where you're from?"

"Yeah," he said. "It's great."

"Do they have a beach in Hyrule?"

Link gave a bit of a puzzled look, still facing forward.

"No. But I have to admit; the beach here is..." he stopped for a moment as if thinking of something to say.

"Peaceful?"

"Yeah," he replied. "That's the word for it. No less, I wan't to go back to Hyrule as soon as possible. I've got a family there." He sighed sadly.

"You've been missing them, haven't you."

"Yeah."

"I can tell. I've always been able to see something in your expressions that looked sad."

"Yeah... I really miss my uncle and my friend Zelda."

"You called me Zelda before."

"You look alot like her. Except she has blonde hair, and it's a bit shorter than yours. You look like you're taller, too."

I smiled and we continued walking past the little huts, mildly worn with age, as we neared the area near the statue of the Flying Rooster. Link grabbed my shoulder and stopped me.

"Wait," he said, "I want to talk to you."

He grabbed on to my hand and led me to the statue.

Something about his eyes looked suspicious, as he combed down the area looking to see anyone was around. We caught a quick glimpse of a kid who ran away as soon as he realized he had been caught.

My guess was that he'd probably be watching in from a safe hiding spot, but...

Link sat down under the cliff at Pahpal's house, and invited me a seat next to him. I took the invitation nervously.

"What is it?" I asked. Link looked over at me inquisitively.

"What's what?"

God, What a dumbass.

I sighed. Whatever it was, it could wait for later. I curled my knees to my chest and watched a bee buzzing around. I thought about Richard...

Richard!

Richard needed Link. I shook my hair out, in disbelief that I had forgotten something so important, and I turned towards him to address the matter.

"Oh, that guy?" Link responded. He looked back at the landscape somewhat uninterested. It almost looked like he was watching the same bee. "I already met him," he said.

I gave a little sigh of relief. While I could probably kick Richard's ass, Carrie could probably kick my ass, so I didn't want to piss them off.

"Did you get him his castle back?" I asked.

"Castle?" Link turned to face me again. "He made me go in a castle and get some gold leaves..."

Why wasn't I surprised? This was so typical of Richard. He told me he wanted his entire castle back.

"I don't see why he couldn't have gotten them for his own damn self," Link said finally after a few awkward moments of silence. I laughed.

"It's cause he's conceited!"

Link gave a bit of a chuckle. "You don't like him very much, do you?"

"Actually," I corrected him, with the a matter-of-fact tone of voice, "we were at one time considered lovers."

Link looked a little blustered at the thought.

"Not for very long though," I stuttered quickly.

"Oh... What happened?"

"My daddy didn't approve."

"The classic block," he said dryly.

"Ah," I said, "That's okay. I don't think it would have worked out anyway. Besides, Daddy's not usually like that anyways."

"What, have there been other guys?"

Holy crap, why was he so interested? I tried as hard as I could not to bust out in complete laughter, but it wasn't working very well. I could feel my eyes bulge and a grin slowly creeping across my face.

"Why do you care?!" I finally belched out with laughter.

"Hey, now..." he said somewhat crossly, and with a cross-eyed look to mach, "What's so funny?"

"No, there haven't been any other guys," I moaned playfully.

The bee suddenly came buzzing along, weaving a path around and finally on Link's ear. He swatted at it, and obviously hurt himself in the process.

God, what a dumbass.








"I know that we haven't been getting along... to well, but I was wondering..."

Link and I were now walking around on the beach. It was now late afternoon, the temperature had dropped, and the sky was tinted with warm oranges and pinks.

Apparently, whatever Link had wanted to talk about earlier, he was about to blurt out...

"Would you... Would you like to return to my home country with me?"

My jaw dropped with surprise.

Poor Link looked so flustered and embarrassed when he saw my reaction. His head sagged down, as did his shoulders. His face turned bright crimson and he avoided eye contact.

"Well.... I just thought that... You know with the way that things have been going... and ah... I just sort of felt like... ah, I don't know... damnit!"

He dropped his head down even farther and avoided eye contact with me.

"Stop talking."

Once again, I stepped forward, and put my finger up to his lip.

"Shhhhh."

He slowly lifted his head and gazed sheepishly at me with his clear blue eyes.

And I smiled.

"Of course I would go with you!"

His head snapped up with shock, though his shoulders remained in their slouched position. His eyes went wide with shock and his eyebrows perked up to his forehead.

"Really?!" he asked, in an unsure voice.

"Really."

"Uh... great!"

He now got back to his normal posture and grinned at me.

"I better go," he said happily, and he turned around and took off.

I looked down at the ground for a few seconds, then clutched my face in emotion. What a pleasent surprise that was! I made a few little strangled giggling noises, then ran off towards the house with emotion.







Two weeks later, Link and I sat on a log in a small alcove on the beach. I was drearily positioned in his lap, and his arms were passionately wrapped around my shoulders. I clung my harp tightly to my chest. I loved my harp. I loved watching my slender fingers gently glide over it as I plucked at the strings. It was a secret passion, though. As of yesterday, Link was the only one who ever heard my play.

It was another late afternoon, just like the ones we had shared as friends. But now it was different. Now we were more than just friends. I peacefully extended my legs into the water, letting the sand wash around in between my toes.

Maybe I wouldn't buy new shoes, after all. I enjoyed being barefoot. Walks along the beach were even more pleasant, as the sand warmed the bottom of my soles and heels. Grass had a similar effect, though it was a more cool and wet, almost like a tickle. My feet were a lot more comfortable too, now that they weren't squeezed together by the sandal straps. I kind of enjoyed the room I had for my toes, and found myself wiggling them or stretching them out periodically, even If there was no specific reason to do so.

I liked my feet. They were kind of pretty, in a wierd way.

Link rubbed my arm a bit.

"What should we do now," he asked.

"Nothing... Just... listen to the waves."
epilouge by Burn
Holy Crap, I finished it.

Link went on to wake the Wind Fish. Nobody really knows what happened to him after that. Even though the whole purpose of his voyage was to enlighten himself so as he could protect Hyrule from future attack, he never returned to his homecountry.

Some rumors spread around that the mysterious owl saved Marin from being erased along with the rest of the island, and that she and Link fled of to the foreign land of Calatia and started a family. It is said that their decendents travelled to many lands over many years, finally ending up back in Hyrule, where the Hero and the Princess began another epic quest against the sinister Gannon.

Others say that, griefstrucken due to the loss of his lover, Link sacrificed himself to the sea.

But whatever happened to the couple, It is a know fact that Marin never bought any shoes. She decided she liked being barefoot.


Anyways, look for updates on ZLCL and Kun, and I'm planning some additions for Fluffy Kitty. God, I have a twisted sense of humor.
This story archived at http://www.kasuto.net/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=1111